Huntland , TENNESSEE

Most Recent Huntland Camping Reviews
Convenient and relaxing

This campsite offers beautiful sites with close by eatery’s with good food and entertainment. The 4th of July offers a really great firework display that is free to attend.

Lots of full time residents

This campsite had beautiful waterfront lots but many of the interior sites were full of long term RVs who have personalized their lots to the extreme. I felt it detracted from a gorgeous location.

My kids did love the beach front entrance that was built for lake access and swimming. The camp store was well supplied. The staff was also great!

Cheap, Pretty, and Simple

This is a very simple, very basic park. It's $20/night and you get a spacious spot with a nice view. The dump site isn't the best and there's nothing spectacular about it other than the cost. The restrooms are pretty stretched out to, so you'll want to drive to it but walk depending on your spot. I wouldn't recommend this one for families, but me and some buddies went to this one and it was perfectly fine.

Cloudland Canyon Camping Solo with 4 kids!

I’m a mom and aunt to 4 kiddos and decided to go camping with them but they are 10, 8, 6 and 3 so I knew I would struggle to get the tent up for all of us, and it was a bit chilly for the littles. So, I opted for the yurt option at Cloudland Canyon! It was a beautiful spot! Had everything we needed within the state park. Snacks/drinks at check in. Felt secluded but had other yurts nearby and a very clean bathroom and shower area! I’ve tent camped a lot and this was a very memorable experience for all the kids! We made breakfast on the campfire, watched Hocus Pocus late inside the yurt (using my computer and Hot spot from my phone) and hiked during the day! The views were spectacular (but whoa if you are afraid of heights) 😬 I will go back!

Wonderful rv Park

Fantastic place, nice little store, beautiful sunrise makes you ready for day of Adventures. Nice level gravel spots

This camp ground has it all!

Very nice campground pool, playground, and games for all ages. Laundry and cable too! This place is Close to everything you’ll want to do in Chattanooga Tennessee

Incredible campground0

Decided to do some fall camping in Huntsville to see the Rocket Center. Found this campground and couldn’t be happier. From an RV perspective, this place is phenomenal. We managed to snag a full hookup pull through site on fairly short notice. Site #30 turned out to be more than large enough for our tiny camper and could likely hold the largest 5th wheel/dually combos on the road or a 30+ foot travel trailer plus two vehicles. I walked the site off at an estimated 70 feet long. Sites throughout the park are pretty level, and ours required no leveling from side to side. Picnic areas are large and located on the proper side of the sites. Fire rings are large, steel, and have cooking grates. All sites that I could observe had all connections convenient and didn’t require any exceptionally long power, water, or sewer connections. I really liked the buddy sites for those who might be traveling together, but for those looking for some separation, this campground provides that. No parking slide to awning here. If a view is on your must have list, I suggest sites 46,48,49,51,53,55,57,59,and 61. These sites back up to the hill side and views through the trees are gorgeous. I’m sure it’s even better in the winter when leaves are gone. Camp store is nice and sells firewood ($7.50/bundle as of this review). Highly recommend checking out the Japanese Tea Garden for an easy, quiet hike. Wildlife is abundant and have little fear of humans. Squirrels and deer routinely entered our campsite while we were sitting around.

Worth it.

Great park. Nicely maintained, friendly staff, spacious and spread out sites. We stayed in walk-in 19. It's a half mile from parking and the comfort building, and the trail is covered in tree routes, so wheeled items (coolers, wagons) may not do very well. But what a great place to get outside! No bugs in October. Did see some armadillos!

Once settled, go hike! The West Rim trail is manageable. Be careful with dogs, as parts of the trail have grated stairs, and dog feet don't do well on the grates.

But the view are spectacular.

With more time, we would have done the waterfalls trails as well.

In all, excellent place. Will certainly go back.

An Owl, a hawk and beautiful trees!

Quiet stop only one night. Everything worked and no drama! Beautiful trees! 🍁Live owl named “Cotton” and hawk named “Buddy” on exhibit there. Cute little store on grounds.

Great camping

Wonderful place to camp!!! Most sites include view of lake Guntersville. Several things to do here… Mountain bike, hike, fish, beach with volleyball, golf. Deer usually visit the campground several times a day. Take time to drive up the mountain to the Lodge and take in the great views. Friendly staff, clean bathrooms and showers.