Flintville , TENNESSEE

Most Recent Flintville Camping Reviews
Lots of full time residents

This campsite had beautiful waterfront lots but many of the interior sites were full of long term RVs who have personalized their lots to the extreme. I felt it detracted from a gorgeous location.

My kids did love the beach front entrance that was built for lake access and swimming. The camp store was well supplied. The staff was also great!

Cheap, Pretty, and Simple

This is a very simple, very basic park. It's $20/night and you get a spacious spot with a nice view. The dump site isn't the best and there's nothing spectacular about it other than the cost. The restrooms are pretty stretched out to, so you'll want to drive to it but walk depending on your spot. I wouldn't recommend this one for families, but me and some buddies went to this one and it was perfectly fine.

Incredible campground0

Decided to do some fall camping in Huntsville to see the Rocket Center. Found this campground and couldn’t be happier. From an RV perspective, this place is phenomenal. We managed to snag a full hookup pull through site on fairly short notice. Site #30 turned out to be more than large enough for our tiny camper and could likely hold the largest 5th wheel/dually combos on the road or a 30+ foot travel trailer plus two vehicles. I walked the site off at an estimated 70 feet long. Sites throughout the park are pretty level, and ours required no leveling from side to side. Picnic areas are large and located on the proper side of the sites. Fire rings are large, steel, and have cooking grates. All sites that I could observe had all connections convenient and didn’t require any exceptionally long power, water, or sewer connections. I really liked the buddy sites for those who might be traveling together, but for those looking for some separation, this campground provides that. No parking slide to awning here. If a view is on your must have list, I suggest sites 46,48,49,51,53,55,57,59,and 61. These sites back up to the hill side and views through the trees are gorgeous. I’m sure it’s even better in the winter when leaves are gone. Camp store is nice and sells firewood ($7.50/bundle as of this review). Highly recommend checking out the Japanese Tea Garden for an easy, quiet hike. Wildlife is abundant and have little fear of humans. Squirrels and deer routinely entered our campsite while we were sitting around.

An Owl, a hawk and beautiful trees!

Quiet stop only one night. Everything worked and no drama! Beautiful trees! 🍁Live owl named “Cotton” and hawk named “Buddy” on exhibit there. Cute little store on grounds.

Great camping

Wonderful place to camp!!! Most sites include view of lake Guntersville. Several things to do here… Mountain bike, hike, fish, beach with volleyball, golf. Deer usually visit the campground several times a day. Take time to drive up the mountain to the Lodge and take in the great views. Friendly staff, clean bathrooms and showers.

Planetarium

Don’t forget about the Planetarium that’s just a short hike away from the campground. This place has plenty of history from our NASA space program, but you should catch a show some Saturday night and learn all about it. Www.vbas.org The one thing I will tell you is the dome they project the light show onto was once the travel cover for a famous rocket!

Ahhhh the lake.

This was the first place we stayed in our RV. Amazing ! Is a understatement. We stayed walking distance to the water and 3 of our 4 kids fished for 3 days. They loved every minute of staying here. We will be back !!! Plenty of wild life and fishing.

Awesome place for camping or hiking or just getting outside for the day.

Great place extremely friendly and professional staff got great cabins to stay in or if you bring a camper, RV or pull behind they have spots for all and even have a primitive camp area where just tents or hammocks are allowed. You can build campfires and your fur babies are allowed just gotta keep them leashed. It's full of trails to hike from beginner to extream you can cycle the trails as well. They also have a great big park for the little ones or big ones Wich ever make you feel young again😁😁. It's just a great place for all the family to enjoy the great outdoors.

Lakefront

We stayed in spot 12. Beautiful lakefront location! Electric/water hookup only. Workers were wonderful and place all together is clean and well maintained. I drive through and to be honest there not a bad spot in this KOA! We will visit again.

Camping here is great

We stayed here in May 2019. It was very enjoyable. Full hook-ups. Bath house clean and functioned normal. Sites really don't have water views on even on the water that we saw. They have boat ramps and docks/slips. Tons of deer in the park. Drive slow dusk to dawn. We ate at the lodge and it was just average. Lake is beautiful and fishing is great. Nice cleaning station also. We will go back in the future. Also has golf course but I did not play. Sites are level and easy to back into.