Camping in Christmasville

72 Reviews of 7 Christmasville, Tennessee Campgrounds

gaetan S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Easy stay

Nice state campground we arrive for one night and that was just about right there’s several trails around the lake you can go boating in the lake with the kayak if you wish though there’s paddle boats for rent camp pads are pretty large depending what you get we stayed in 97 which was pretty great…

WThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

Merman-Shelby

Stayed for one night on the way through. Sites are pretty level. Water and electric fine. Bathroom clean but dated.

Nikki W.
Reviewed May. 25, 2021

Good campground

We came in late and they told us to just find an empty spot. Staff were great. Only thing I did not like was the swimming area. Full of Goose poo.

DThe Dyrt PRO User

Nice Family oriented

My friend and I camped for the weekend and it was great. Nice grounds. Showers, bathrooms were clean.

Siteacross from bathroom
Month of VisitNovember
Meagan L.

Easter Weekend

We stayed here Easter weekend. It was full but the sites are far enough apart that you have plenty of privacy and quiet. There’s great hiking near the campground. The playground is centrally located. If you have smaller kids, you may want to supervise as the equipment is more for the older…

Meagan L.

Nice Weekend

We enjoyed a nice weekend at Reelfoot. It rained the week before so the sites were very muddy. There’s a nice playground for the kids. The higher number sites are by the highway so there’s a lot of noise.

E
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

Quiet and peaceful

Even though my campsite was between the bathhouse and the playground (tent area 93) it was a peaceful stay. Would stay again but maybe not that .

SiteTent 93
Michael W.
Reviewed May. 21, 2021

Decent older campground

Took our brand new RV here for its shakedown trip the very day I picked up as it is so close to home. Was pleasantly surprised by the overall atmosphere of the campground. The entire place is completely shaded, as it seems they too the effort to not cut down many trees when putting the sites in. …

Michael W.
Reviewed May. 16, 2021

Great little hidden Gem

Let me start by saying that the Rangers who run this place are top notch folks. The head Ranger stopped in a couple times every day to ask if we needed anything and to inquire about our opinion of the new site (more on this later). The facilities were well maintained, and a pleasant surprise for…

• no check in station so here are the camp rules
  • Museum Cannon
Jenn W.
Reviewed May. 12, 2021

Love it

It was nice and enjoyable

Richard The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 12, 2021

Straight up in the forest

This park has tons of trees. Every site feels like it was cut right out of the trees. They are all RV sites with electric and water but I pitched a tent with no problem. I wasn’t able to stay and explore but if you’re looking for somewhere quite this is the place.

• tons of trees
  • site 33
Month of VisitNovember
Thomas W.
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2021

Historical

Small but nice campground.   Sites are decent and paved.  Facilities are adequate and clean.  Nice hiking trails but trail to the old fort wasn't clearly marked and difficult to follow, use a map.

Thomas W.
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2021

Old Forest

The campground is located in an old hardwood forest.  The park goes to the Mississippi River but no camping there.  There are also some nice fishing lakes on the ridge and interesting swamp hiking below.  Facilities are outdated and could use some improvements.   I haven't been in a couple of years…

Jared B.
Reviewed Apr. 7, 2021

Airport side review

We had spot 5 and 6. The area is quiet and nice it’s right next to a little airport that no one really uses. The water is on the wrong side on the site so bring a extra hose.

L
Reviewed Mar. 25, 2021

When My Soul longs for Peace

A cozy lake. Friendly horses grazing. Long hot showers. Nighttime rain on the rv roof. Empty weekday bliss. Happy electrical help at 10 pm. A private pearl.