The best WALK IN camping near

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Cedar Creek Camping Reviews
Beautiful setting, gross bathhouse

Beautiful spot next to the river. The downside was the bathrooms/showers were really gross. Otherwise it was a good campground.

Our favorite place in the Smokies

My husband and I have been camping in the Smokies and surrounding areas for years. This is our favorite spot. Much quieter than the other campgrounds in the park. Several wonderful hikes right out of the campground.

Clean

We were only here for one night in the rain but it was quiet and the bath hall was spotless! Conveniently located close to highway 81 and town!

Good campground but some sites are just too tight,

Have been camping here for years even before current owners. Many different size sites and some are just too small for even a small camper. Price has gotten too high.

Back Country Primitive Shelter

I’m a reluctant camper and hiker doing this to spend time with my family so factor that in to my review. I had a permit, but no one asked to see it. Perhaps anyone who might had left for the day. My pack weighed at least 30lbs. and I’m new to this, so it took me forever to get up here. It was dark by the time we arrived and boy, was I disappointed to learn this shelter is situated PAST the lodge. My exhaustion made the merriment I glimpsed behind its fire-warmed window panes seem cruel, but I’m sure it wasn’t as personal as it seemed in the moment. There were two other tents set up outside the shelter when we arrived so I set up my camp, silently, by the light of my otherwise useless iphone. I would’ve slept inside the shelter, even though the entrance was covered by a plastic tarp that read, “keep out” (because of COVID, maybe?), but my son told me there would be mice. Then, he did something with our food that involved some system of ropes and pulleys, but I didn’t care if I were eaten by a bear. At least then I wouldn’t have had to hike down. Or discover what a “compost toilet” is.

Nice view.

I can't wait for this resort to open to the public

I had the opportunity to tour this facility before it was open to the public. This is going to be a phenomenal RV Resort. Big-rig friendly, a HUGE pool with a hot tub, fishing, kayaking, and hiking trails. Inside the lodge, there will be meeting spaces, a retail store, and an on-site concierge. If you have been to Catherine's Landing, this resort is going to be even more magnificent (If that is even possible)!

Tucked away fun family campsite

Great campground! The prices are reasonable, the campground was very clean, the people were friendly, and the bathhouses were some of the cleanest I’ve seen. It was also very close to Mount Mitchell so we could go on long hikes. Loved our time there!

Quiet Side of Gatlinburg

Adventure Bound is a campground chain, and this one is located on the back side of Gatlinburg in the Smokies. It is easy to get to the campground without sitting in the horrendous traffic that Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge is notorious for. The location is between Greenbrier and Cosby campground, and that is a great area to visit in the Smokies.

The campground has so many things to do! They have a camp store with essentials and ice cream! They have rental golf carts to get around the property on. There’s an arcade, a pool, an alpine slide, a fishing pond, playground, a “Gaga ball” pit (I had to google what is was), and much more! Plus there is a creek that runs through the property and many sites are on it. Great place for bike riding too.

The campground is very large, and was full when we were there, but it was quiet at night with the sounds of rushing water and crickets. This is a really fun place to stay, especially for families!

Perfect Getaway!

Glampknox is located in Knoxville, close to downtown and The Smoky Mountains. The area is rural and beautiful, and the views from the site are wonderful, and the location is very convenient!

The property has a beautiful cabin that is also available to rent, as well as a wedding/event barn venue. There are horses on the property too. It is some of the most picturesque property you’ll find!

The site has a really nice tent cabin, with a covered porch, rocking chairs, and a wood burning stove. The tent has two twin beds, and they were super comfy. It has battery powered lanterns inside for light.

The site does have restrooms and an outdoor shower, both of which are just a short walk down to the barn. There is a large fire pit in front of the tent, and plenty of space for extra tents and great trees for hammocks. There is also a hiking trail around the property. The host also had firewood stacked for us at the tent.

Highly recommend GlampKnox for the perfect getaway!

Great Mountain biking!

Very nice bathrooms. The sites aren’t the most private we’ve ever stayed at, but the mountain biking was so much fun we didn’t care! Hiking and biking was an A+. Great place for families because of the surrounding wooded activities.