The best DRIVE IN camping near
Atwood , TENNESSEE

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Atwood Camping Reviews
New Owners

My family and I stayed at Parkers Crossroads overnight, just passing through until we got to our final destination. I was pleasantly surprised. The owners are new and were just on the job for their second day when we arrived. They were very hospitable! We arrived there later than expected. I called them, and they came to the office to escort us to our spot. The gentleman there even helped my husband get the electricity and water set up while his wife went over all the paperwork with me. The next day, we were really able to see the grounds. The property is beautiful! They have a pool , which h was closed for the season, and we loved the pond area. The only reason why it is not a 5 star is because 1) we didn't check out the restroom facilities, and 2) we wished they had a nicer playground area for the kids. I will say that the paperwork they shared with us shows plans to incorporate a new playground. So maybe there will be a nicer one when we come back. Best wishes to the new owners!

Not the place for a peaceful getaway

Overall a decent spot if you’re just looking for a safe place to sleep right near I-40. But not recommended if you’re looking for a peaceful spot to enjoy a vacation.

Pros:

• extremely easy to get to and right off I-40 so minimal added time to trip
  • full hookups and they were well situated on the pad
  • pretty level spot
  • KOA so you know what to expect, and the check in process is really easy - especially after hours
  • cable hookups - though we didn’t try it so not sure how good it is
  • WiFi - but pretty weak at least from site 14

Cons:

• Extremely loud traffic noise - you really couldn’t get closer to the highway unless you were park on an on-ramp (see video if you don’t believe me 😉)
  • spots are very close together (but pretty typical for a KOA)
  • it was pretty full for a week night so it may be hard to book day of on the weekend
Chickasaw State Park

One of the strangest parks we've been to. There are two campground loops. One for trailers/RV's, they call it, and the Wrangler, equesterian. The trailer/RV loop is on the side of a hill. It was amazing the way they got so many half way level sites into this area. Very, very tight. Good thing for us it was booked up and we ended up in the wrangler loop. A nice flat area more suited to larger rigs. Some, as was ours are very,very close together. Most are pretty level and easy access. Ther is no office that we cound find and when we asked a local, his reply was, "You got a reservation, then just got to the site & yur name & date will be on the post. Yup, it was. Pretty good for a night over. Just can't give it a real good rating. Att & Verizon were both workable. OTA TV not so good.

All in all, doubt if we'd go back.

Pretty Area, Outdated Park

We tent camped in the Cub Lake loop, campsite 2, site 2. The restrooms was incredibly out of date. Loop 1 looked like all the sites were on an incline falling down a hill. Loop 2, our site was flat but some others in this loop were on an incline. All sites, restrooms and the park overall looked dilapidated and like it needs some TLC. There were water pumps though. Would not stay here again.

Great Family camp site!

Been going here since I was a kid. Its a great place to camp with great bike trails and everything you need. Little crowded and you will need to reserve out 3-4 weeks to get an electric spot.

Park was so nice, we did it twice

On the way back from Pickett State Park, to Texas, we decided to stay at the Wrangler site again. This time, I picked a new pad (56) and again, it was dark, quiet and beautiful. This park is huge, with TONS of site choices available. The tent sites seemed full, but we prefer less people. The updated photo below. We had to book through recreation.gov app, which was easy enough, but misleading on what sites are booked and not booked. Would absolutely return to this beautiful State Park.

Cute little spot to park

We had business in Memphis and Jackson, this was a good in-between park. Stayed a week and felt safe and secure. New electrical boxes, level gravel spots with shade. About 30 spaces with most being rented to construction workers. Nice people. Overall Nice stay.

Great place to relax & enjoy nature

There are 3 different campgrounds in thos very large state park. Cub Lake is for tents or small campers with water & electric hookups. The Wrangler Camp is for horse riders with water & electric hookups. The Pin Oak Campground is for RVs. Every site has full hookups. Two nice bath houses, a pavilion, playground, beach area, and boat dock. It is very open with several trees, but not not a lot of shade. The pictures in this review are only from Pin Oak Campground.

Nice!

Nice campground. Clean, pet friendly. A lot of sites! Access to lakes. Saw a lot of wildlife for such a big campground with lots of people traffic.

Best camping experience I've had

This place is great. We camped in primitive camping right on the water . Kid caught over 20 fish and had a blast . The ranger took the kids on a fossil hunt . Great family feel to the whole place.