The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Jasper , MICHIGAN

Most Recent Jasper Camping Reviews
Bruin Lake

Beautiful fall 🍁🏕🍂campground. It is between 10 to 20 min to the DTE mountain biking trails. The campground is very clean and I got two bars of Verizon cell phone service. The showers and bathrooms were already closed for the season when I camped there. The campsites have different sizes so pay attention to your boundaries. I enjoyed overlooking the lake and I will definitely be back again.

Great stay, great place to re-up

Friendly staff, clean park, close to supermarkets and other food locations. RV repair and sales nearby. I got lucky and woke up to a horse and dog competition at no extra cost to me.

Bruin Lake

Very clean! Newer restrooms two separate bath houses. Water was clean at the beach but no sand just a grassy area though I saw kids playing in the sand of the volleyball court. There is a new large playground structure and nice but short paved path for kids to bike or scooter around. Start balm mile mown hiking path by the boat dock For hikers or mountain bikers this site is 2 miles from the Waterloo/Pinckney Rec trails and you can get there by the main roads. It's also within 20 min Drive of the new DTE mountain bike trails in Chelsea. For Kayakers and boaters there is a long stretch of tie ups near the lower Lake edge sites. Also a really nice long fishing dock. ADA friendly sites and access to all water spigots and restrooms. We spent the weekend here with some friends for a weekend of running adventures on the trails and had a great time. We plan on coming back with kayaks and getting a lower or outside loop site by the lake on our next trip. The sites can be weird sizes, some are larger some are smaller and slanted. We saw a couple campers with larger rigs getting into arguments over the boundaries of the sites. So pay attention to the yellow boundary markers and check the dimensions when booking. Bryin Lake is 30 min from home for us so a great quick weekend getaway.

Nice lake and beach area

Nice flat campsites near the beach area. It has a very nice play area for the children and clean bathrooms. The boat launch was near our camp site which was nice not having to leave the campground.

Bruin Lake

Nice campground on Bruin Lake. Connected to several lakes, nice to kayak and motor boat through.

Nice Beach Busy

Nice beach but super busy on the weekend. Site was a little small for our 38foot - we had to go sideways which opened us up to other campers. Not my favorite. No WiFi or sprint service. Only one pic of the dog enjoying our trip.

Seriously clean and quiet!

Wow.. what a nice little getaway in Hell, Michigan area! Camp host, “Lightening” is a friendly and helpful guy who NEVER stopped working (except to chat with campers here and there). The big pool and bathrooms were immaculate, with surrounding patio furniture sanitized nightly (I watched from my RV window and was so impressed with Lightening’s genuine dedication). The site we had was very large and pretty level. The price we paid was W/E $30/night. Cannot beat that for a fun getaway on a budget! Neat area to find trails and lakes to enjoy as well. Highly recommended campground!

Great family trip

Spent 4 nights and 5 days camping with my husband and 2 kids. We had fun and the kids had a blast. They rode bikes around the loop and loved swimming and the the playground. Facilities were nice and clean and many sites had trees to give shade at certain times of day.

Bruin Lake Campground

Wonderful place even when it’s packed. Harder to get reservations over the years but always a great place to stay. Awesome bathrooms newly renovated. Nice spots. Mostly paved in the lower sites. Nice swimming area however no beach sand. Just a grassy area. Public boat launch on Bruin lake. Bruin lake connects to a few more lakes creating a nice chain of lakes. Half moon at the end of the chain is a great all sports lake. Awesome fishing. Sites have electric, no water. There is a dump station. Wood and ice available for purchase and a few vending machines. Nice hiking trails. They do have a few hike in yurts and hike in camping sites. Decent parking places for those hike ins.

Camping at Fairgrounds

The staff is pretty helpful. They take you to the campsite and assist guiding you in. Full hook ups are available, as are partial h/I’d and tent spaces. The spots are pretty close together and very few have trees/shade.