About Straits State Park
Straits State Park is located in Michigan
28 Reviews of Straits State Park
Clean and a great location

Clean park with hot showers, decent sized sites and a great base camp for exploring the Eastern UP, Mackinac Island or the Soo. Freighters pass, the bridge amazes and life was good. Some sites directly on the straits.

Amazing views

Really cool campsite for views. Other than that it’s a pretty okay site. It’s extremely close to st. Ignace which is nice.

Great views

Bugger sites for a state park and nice and secluded. Great views of the lake and the mackinaw bridge. A great campground for just over the bridge into the UP.

Unique View from camp

We camped here two nights in July. The campground is very easy to find and is an incredible location if you want to ferry over to Mackinac Island. It is convenient to groceries, restaurants and other amenities if interested. The park appears well maintained with three separate camping areas. We tent camp, and had one of the best sites in the park (in my opinion). Site 1A is in the lower East section of the campground. The site is only a tent site & it is HUGE! It was much more private than the other sites, located on the shore of Lake Huron & has a fantastic view of the Mackinac Bridge. There is a small beach area within the park, a one mile trail to a viewing platform of the bridge, and a playground. The bathrooms were clean. Our campsite had a standard picnic table and fire ring. Campsites were moderately priced, but a Michigan Recreation Pass is also required, as in all MI state parks, so it gets a little more pricey. If I was returning to the area, I would camp here again.

Amazing park!

We went during the semi weekend. All the semi trucks drive across the bridge! It’s very cool!

The view!

We stayed on site 4…it was absolutely beautiful!! The view of the bridge was amazing during the day and at night time. You have to get site 4! We did have trouble stealing our tent down in a couple spots. We think there is concrete under the dirt.

Awesome view of the bridge

This campground is really nice and has amazing views of the bridge! It is very close to town and very close to the ferries that take you across to Mackinac island. I would definitely stay here again!

Be prepared to pay.

Campground is beautiful. But I didn’t read the fine print on my online reservation, which stated a recreation pass $32, must be paid before entering state park. Then we were told & billed $7 per day for parking our tow car. We have traveled in several states & never experienced this unwelcoming feature. We could have stayed at a private campground with full hookups @ cable for what we paid here. Sad Michigan treats out of staters this way. We will never stay at a Michigan state campground again. What a shame.

Great location!

Overall nice well maintained campground.

You can see the bridge and are witin 5 minutes of the ferry to Mackinc Island.

The bathrooms and showers are nice- be careful the shower head came off on one and the water pressure was intense!

I enjoy that many of the sites are wooded, even though you are nearby other campers you don't feel completely overcroweded.

Nice place to stay if you are enjoying St. Ignance or Mackinac Island.

Clean and great sites on water

This campground is one of the cleaner state parks that I have stayed at in Michigan. there are beautiful sites near the lake, although I remember staying here as a kid when the beach access was better. Now there is a lot of beach grass (probably due to the park trying to preserve the grasses/beach) and the beach isn’t as nice as it once was when I was young. This is a very family friendly park. Prime times are during the car show in St. Ignace. a great place to stay if you plan on checking out the island for a day or so. Good prices for sites. I highly recommend tent camping so you can hear the waves at night.