Caseville, MICHIGAN

Most Recent Caseville Camping Reviews
Nice getaway

We camped in the west loop area of the state park with our dog and it was an awesome trip! The campsites were tidy, the bathrooms were exceptionally clean, and the location to the beach was perfect. The road was a little noisy but when you had some music going it wasn’t too bad. The stars were crystal clear at night and all the campers were respectful and quiet. If you need any essentials there’s a convenience store right around the corner from the campground and there’s cute downtown Caseville only a couple minute drive away. The beach was pretty empty and the dog beach was a huge plus for us as our dog loves to swim. For sure will come back!

Packed in

We stayed here over a weekend. Biggest disappointment was you need to bring your own fire pit! Or they have some at the front of the park you can use, which we did as we were planning on cooking hotdogs. The pool was nice. We did full hookup and were tight to the campers next to us, like 6’ away. People working were nice.

Modern camping with a good view

If you are looking for decent modern campsite Harrisville offers that. There is a bike trail that goes into town. Friendly host that offer books. There is wood on site to purchase through a vending machine. Only takes exact amount. Sites are pretty close together which makes getting to know your neighbors from the get go. The bathroom was very nice. Extremely clean and well kept. Staff was there several times even this late in the season cleaning at 6:30 am. The view of the lake was lovely. I happened to have site 74 which has a great view of the lake. Though the traffic of bathroom goers is annoying. The bathroom offered such bright beam of light I never used any of my flashlights. Depends on how you feel about that. If you’re looking for nice weekend to sleep outside this is nice. If you’re looking to get away from it all and have peace and quite. This is not it. Even in September. Staff was super friendly. I originally booked 82 and it was extremely tiny for a tent site more suited for a RV. Be mindful when picking your site. Majority on the water side are tiny and are more suited for RV not a tent. I mean tiny!

Awesome !

By far this is our favorite park this year. Surrounded by water on all sides, sunrise and sunsets are gorgeous. Plenary of beach for everyone including a dog beach!!! Bathrooms are well kept and clean. Kayak rentals are available as well.

Excellent place

Stayed there again over Labor Day weekend and had awesome time. Horseshoe and cornhole tournament was the best.

Nice place with a ton of activities. My only complaint would be that bathrooms and showers could be cleaner. Went in right after they mopped and it looked like they just slid the dirt around.

Shade and Lake Huron

I great camp ground with lots of trees and a great beach.

Great stay

The sites are good size, very shaded. Bathrooms are clean. Lots of thing to do here as you are right across the street from the beach. The near by nature preserve is a great place to take a hike or bike ride. There are a couple restaurants right outside the park entrance.

Amazing weekend for the kids!

This is one of the best campgrounds for kids that I've ever visited!!!

The campground itself is beautifully laid out and maintained. It features roughly a 150 some odd sites ranging from tent sites to RV and cabins. Each site has a cement fire ring and electric hookup. There are communal water spickets generously scattered around the grounds. The bathrooms and showers are very clean. They are closed an hour a day for thourgho cleaning and restocked and wiped down in the late evening. They have one large group camp area, but it is for organizational reservations only (as most of them are). Howeve, there is a cul-de-sac of 5 or 6 (I can't remember) sites off by itself. Those sites are very large (except the one on the end, which of course we had reserved for the weekend) and have huge space between them. There is also an additional parking pad there for overflow. Though they're not a sanctioned group site these would be perfect for it. We've already planned to reserve these sites next year for our large (35+people) family camp weekend. The drive around the campground is all paved and very long, so be sure to bring your bikes!!

Now for the amusements and conveniences. . . . . There is a small playground in the campground, but you have to cut through campsites to reach it. There are trails for hiking around the wider state park area as well as a few that lead across the street to the swim area and day park. Take a 2 min walk from the camp office across to the day park and you'll find the Spray by the Bay splash pad, a huge timber playground, beautiful sandy beach along Lake Huron, sandy swim area, geocaching, pavilions, well kept bathrooms and changing rooms. We spent all day at the park with 4 kids 6yrs and under and not a single on of them complained of being bored.

They have campground hosts that facilitate free activities organized by the park. We did a kids craft and enjoyed hot cocoa or coffee Saturday morning and then returned after dinner for Back-to-School bingo and popcorn. See pic of the August schedule for a better idea of what was offered.

They sold ice and wood at the camp office and there was an ice cream place next door to the park. It's a 5 min walk from the park office.

We didn't have to leave the park once all weekend. It was so relaxing to have everything we needed on hand and not have to run out for things.

One final note: there were quite a few May Flies. According to the park office they're pretty much there all summer. They weren't bad at the campground except at night around the bathrooms. We walked over to the day park before breakfast one morning and the playground was covered with them. As the day got hotter and the playground got busier there were hardly any, but that morning visit was rough. We actually abandoned the playground till later in the day.

Great weekend campground!

We decided very last minute to camp this weekend! Use the APP The Dryt to find out campground. I was able to book same day. We live 2.5 hours away and didn't get to the campground until 10 PM! They stayed open until we go there and they had a guy waiting for a to take us to our site on a golf cart! The sites are pretty big, even tho our camper is only 21 ft long. The campground offered slot of things to do another of seasonal sites, well cleaned and maintained. They had activities for everyone that weekend. The only thing we noticed when we were leaving was there wasn't a dump station. But other then that we would stay at this campground again!

Sand dunes and amazing views!!

Awesome spot, a must see if you're in the area. Just a mile or two walk to the dunes overlook where you can descend a 100+ ft sand dune down to the water and go for a swim. Be sure to take the forest observatory trail on the way and learn a bit about the history of the area. Definitely a place to bring the kids

A nice variety!

Rifle River offered a nice variety of camp sites. There is a cluster of quiet sites, a track of sites tucked away in some pines, and then the modern sites. The campground itself is large and has a couple lakes to go fishing in. There is no camp store on the grounds, but there is a nice one across the street from the entrance to the park.

Good Park

Overall a good campground right on Lake Huron. Well taken care of and the bathrooms were clean. Has everything from full hookup sites to cabins and rustic tent site.

Oak beach

Friendly clean and nice beach… we will comeback and recommend Oak Beach too friends…

Great Area

Came here on Father’s Day weekend, the campground was really nice and a ton of fun! If you book at the right time, you can get a spot right by the river which is super appealing.

Lots of fun

Big sites with lots of fun amenities, plenty to do which justifies the high cost, with that many sites I would assume they would have more bathrooms though and some of the staff seemed to be unengaged, bordering on rude. We had a good time and the kids enjoyed.

Getting worse by the hour

When we booked our site we asked to reserve a golf cart and were told we had to wait to get there. When we got there they said they were all booked and we had to do that while booking the site.

The staff is very rude and unprofessional. Talked down to my Mother in law while she try to explain that we had been told to book the golf cart when we got here. When we went back to the office later we were told a different story that we needed to book the cart online.

The pool was so cold the kids wouldn’t swim. They needed to use the heaters, but I guess that cost too much money.

The overall issue here is that the owners are money hungry and cheap. They pay their young staff the absolute minimum and work them too many hours which in turn makes the staff not care about the guests in the slightest. The power went out and the pool shut down because apparently the back-up generator had broke down and it “cost too much” to fix. It is sad because the park itself has a great location, great amenities and big sites. The owners need to learn that they could have a great thing here if they cared a bit more about the guest, take care of their employees more, spend the money on heating the pool when it gets chillier, and buy more golf carts with a policy all of the employees know.

So, this is an add-on: I believe a manager of some sort came to our camp site after reading my review. Asked to speak to me, but I was walking the dog. He said he would be back at 7:00 to speak to me and never showed. We went to get ice cream and asked the front desk of he was coming or not. They proceeded to be rude yet again, surprise, surprise, and said “don’t wait around and go ahead and leave your review my name is Tracie with an IE”! Guess I’ll make sure to now leave this review on all our Michigan camping community websites and friends. All I can say is WOW!!!

Someone is trolling my wife saying things about our children now. We had to block them. Pretty sure they are an owner.

Great place to stay

Stayed there over the 4th of July and the place was nice and service was great.

Fantastic Campground for Families

What’s not to like if you have kids or grandkids. Great shallow pool, splash pad, water slides, mini-golf, trampoline area, sandy beachfront, close to Lake Huron, ice cream, pizza, stocked general store, arcade, peddle cars. I mean this place is great. For the adults the sites are large, most have water, electric AND SEWER. You can have firewood delivered to your site. The place is very well designed and laid out for easy access to everything. Slightly expensive but so worth it for families that want a low cost vacation. For those that don’t have a trailer you can bring a tent but there are beautiful small and also larger deluxe cabins.

The negatives - bad WiFi but what campground has good WiFi? Limited showers. They are nice but just not enough of them for the number of people that are here.

Typical KOA

This was a pretty basic/nice KOA. We went second week of July and it was pretty empty, which was nice for us. There is a few things for kids/teens to play on, although half the arcade games were not working. The camp store had some really beautiful stuff to buy. If you go in a tent it's pretty affordable, the cabins are pricey though.

Train

Typical koa clean orderly but a train does run right next to the camp

My favorite KOA

Not too big and crowded. Been here a good handful of time both with adult groups for fun and with my wife and tween… Great family that owns it. Great location. Close to river trip companies and the lake.

Best sites are on the lake side.

Beautiful views of lake Huron. Unfortunately lake height has taken away the beach. The bathrooms are clean and the showers have lots of hot water. Two playgrounds and some short trails, one in the woods and one following the shore. Nice historical lighthouse museum, very friendly staff. Dog friendly park. Best sites are lakeside and on the corner lots. Otherwise it feels a bit like a parking lot. No shade! Most of the trees have been lost to the emerald ash borer. Worth another stay especially for boaters.

Book early

Probably one of the most popular state parks in Michigan, and for good reason. Most of the park is located on the water and the views are pretty gorgeous. The sites are small, so we usually book two. The grounds offer bathrooms and showers, as well as electric and water for RVs. No rustic options available, so all sites are $35 per night. The campground is located only a few short minutes from the launch site for Turnip Rock, so it’s become very popular for weekend trips.

Good campground

We enjoy the water and the lighthouse. Lots of room to ride your bike. We also like to hit up the public beach. Sites are meh.

Annual Trip

Family goes there every year. Campground offers many amenities and with the river right on site there is so much to do. We always go tubing and kayaking. Bathrooms and showers are decent for a campground. Also love that there are a lot of trees to provide shade during the hot days.

Gem on the tip of The Thumb

This park is in a great location—The Thumb felt quite isolated. There are some pretty rad sites right on Lake Huron—unfortunately, we were on site 41 which buts right up against a main road and it got quite loud at times (especially on the weekends). Bathrooms were good for a state park. The beach was a little small, but water levels are high this year. DNR staff were pleasant, helpful and good at being present. Firewood is for sale at the gate for $5 a bundle. This campground is close to Caseville, Bad Axe and Port Austin where I would recommend renting a kayak and checking out Turnip Rock (only accessible by H2O). This park didn’t get a full 5 stars because of the proximity to the road (which wasn’t really that bad…). Great Park!

Amazing AWESOME‼️‼️one of my favorite place.CAMP,HIKE ETC..

The AUSABLE RIVER .. the last 25 miles of river before it empties into Lake Huron.. I love it ‼️‼️Super AWESOME PLACE TO EXPLORE the outdoors hike camp backpack etc… a must if you love tho out doors THE VIEWS ARE AMAZING‼️‼️‼️one can hike and backpack the many trials in the surrounding area and set up camp,tents (small fires as long the fire are managed and taken care of)..Bring in your own camping gear for a wonderful very rustic experience👍👍 remember WHAT YOU BRING IN, (example trash) you take out and take care of👌

Nice

Overall, very nice place IF you request a quiet/private site (I had requested this upon my phone call reservation… once arriving at the campground, I saw the site they were assigned to and it was tight and overly populated!) Once I spoke up, we were given a wonderful site on the lake in a very quiet area! Clean bathrooms/showers.