Lansing, MICHIGAN

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Lansing Camping Reviews
Quiet and private

This is a lovely park with lake & beach access. My site was private and had electric only. Bathrooms were very clean and neighboring campers were friendly!

Helpful staff

Staff is super helpful, we stayed long term (several months) for work in the area. Winter rates. I understand summer rates are much higher.

Local Trail With Beautiful Views

I highly enjoy this park year round. The trails are consistently well kept and easily marked to follow. I just visited yesterday and although there was ice, due to warmer conditions today the trails were a bit muddy. Overall pleasant hike. Highly recommend

FUN AND RELAXING.......

A GOOD PLACE TO GET AWAY FROM THE CITY LIFE IT IS FUN AND VERY RELAXING

Nice little county park.

The park at Swains Lake is really nice.  There is lake access to fish, playgrounds for the kids, and a nice pavilion.  The campground sites are pretty close together.  It's a nice place to camp during the week, but it did get really crowded on summer weekends.  I will say the shower house is GREAT!  Individual showers with locking doors for complete privacy.

The location is great to day trip around the area.  We enjoyed a day in Kalamazoo.  Jackson isn't far with major grocery stores and shopping.

Rustic, beautiful views

We got lucky with our site right on the water and the temperature was nice and cool so we did not have to deal with any bugs. We hiked right in and setup camp. This place only allows camping for one night as it's considered a pass-through campground. There is a decently clean outhouse(it appears to be cleaned daily by DNR staff), and each site has its own fire pit. The views are wonderful and the surrounding sites appeared to be enjoying themselves as well. Our site, B6, was equipped with a table, bench, and a fire pit. From what I could tell no other sites had a bench; fire pit and table only. We found another place to park which allowed us to cut down on our hike time because I was not about that 4 miles+ life. Our hike was maybe 15, 20 minutes tops. If staying on the water is not your jam, there were places at a higher elevation to try. There is also a fresh water pump. No electricity. You must hunt for the wood you want to burn in the pit. No ground fires. A great time!

Fun with family and pets!

Nice lakes for swimming and can take your pet as well!  Big playground and nice bathrooms

Family

Nice campground for family and activities.  Good dock for the kids to fish

Best known for mountain biking

Playground was not suitable for toddlers (1-3 year olds). This park is best known for their hiking and biking trails which our kiddos are still a little young for. The sites are decently sized and secluded.

Great for young children

Great park for young children as they have an amazing play set that is great for all ages. We’ve been to 2 other state parks after visiting sleepy hollow and so far sleepy hollow has had the best play set. Sites are also secluded so the children had an idea of what the site boundaries were