Camping in Wooleyville

115 Reviews of 9 Wooleyville, Kentucky Campgrounds

Carolyn K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2021

Peaceful

Despite Hurricane Ida I'm the midst of my stay, camp hosts very nice. Clean and very well maintained grounds

jenni P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 27, 2021

So close to everything

Tucked between Green River Lake and Lake Cumberland, the community of Columbia serves as a gateway to all of the great fishing and watersports in south-central Kentucky. Located just off the Cumberland Parkway, Columbia is a convenient stop and an ideal location for those seeking a peaceful…

• campgrounds
  • Play button icon
Sitecabin
N
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2021

Loved this camping area!

I love camping in this area! Mammoth caves is so beautiful every time I camp there I see deer running through my camping site. It’s so beautiful I will come back again and again!

J
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2021

Cummings Ferry Resort

The folks in the office are Awaome. They take you to your sight assist you with backing in the rest rooms are very clean the pool is very clean they have a boat ramp into the Kentucky river a covered dock to fish off. Of the sites are average size all had fire rings an full hook ups they have…

Site69 and 70
C
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2021

No electric, do dishwashing at the water hydrant was a pain.

Hiking near the visitor center was good although we had trouble finding longer trails. We didn't book far enough in advance to do anything but the self guided cave tour. However the outlaw wild cave tour at nearby Jesse James stables was fantastic.

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2021

Great park next to the river

This is a small well maintained campground right on the Kentucky river. It is down in a hollow which makes it secluded and quiet. There is a dock and a boat ramp. The customer service is exceptional. Under new management since November, they are making some very nice upgrades. 30/50 amp full…

• beautiful waterfall view
  • site 45 on the river
Troy F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 2, 2021

Awesome park

We were passing through on our way north. Chances a reservation here, as KOAs are hit or miss. We had our 16 yo grand daughter with us, and she actually had fun. Very well kept and the staff is great.

Winn V.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2021

Perfect

Love this campground. National Park and you could tell. Nice store close, with clean showers. Bathroom clean. Site was secluded. Composite picnic tables which was nice. Nature everywhere. Will be back

Sitetents C03
KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 26, 2021

Beautiful and Quiet

Not many first come first serve sites, but if you can snag a spot you will be rewarded with a peaceful evening. There is a theatre insight which is 70 years old and full of history. Amazing people, close to town and very inexpensive.

S
Reviewed Jun. 25, 2021

Full time Rving

We live here full time love the camp site an the people who run the place an live here as well

J
Reviewed May. 25, 2021

Decent place

Staff as always been very friendly, sites are very spacious, there are trails for hiking, a playground and a beach. Only negatives are no showers and not much shade unless you get a site on the edge of the woods

Amanda S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 11, 2021

Cute but small

We decided to go down for a weekend to see how we'd like it. It's situated high up on the Kentucky river bank which is nice but there's little access to the riverbank except from the floating dock and boat ramp. When we arrived there was left overs from the previous flood which made it very muddy.…

S
Reviewed May. 9, 2021

Pictures, is not what you get

Think twice about a river lot, they are 50’ up from the river. Like a lot of CG in the north, they save the the good spots for the regular’s. WiFi works well if you catch it early. 3-4am. No cell (T-Mobile or ATT)

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 6, 2021

Helpful Hosts

Within an hour of buying my 1966 Airstream (only 17’ but I needed a pull through!) I chose this beautiful campground because of the people! Starting with the needed reassurance on the phone, then setting me up and checking in to make sure I was doing ok. As a newbie, I was so glad to have the staff…

EThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 16, 2021

Awesome trip

Stopped here for 2 nights on a long trip from WV to AR. So glad we did! Nice camping, but the cave was so awesome to tour. Fascinating how they mined the salt-petre to manufacture gunpowder.

Month of VisitNovember