Louisville, KENTUCKY

Most Recent Louisville Camping Reviews
What a great place

This is a great place, lots of spots right on the water!

Beautiful State Park

We stayed here 1 night driving through, but really enjoyed our time.  We were in site 50 in the trees.  It appeared most of the other sites were out in the open and close together.  Our site didn't have a water hook-up.  But we filled our fresh water tank at the shower house.  We hiked to the falls and tunnel.  Next time we'll bring a flashlight and go all the way through the tunnel.

Close to Madison, IN.  We ate dinner at Shipley's Tavern and had really great burgers.  This was a fun stop we want to come back to.

Decent campground

Nice campground. Not very big though. The do have some pull through sites for equestrian trailers. Good horse trails. Clean facilities.

Great campground

Great campground. Facilities are clean and well kept. Good fishing lake. Friendly staff. Our favorite.

State of Indiana Part

Absolutely 1st Class. Beautiful sites, clean, well kept, spacious. This is the model for ALL campgrounds.

Clean campground

It was a great campground but paying to take a shower was a bit much. Especially when you already paid to camp. I would stay here if I had a self contained camper with a bathroom.

So beautiful !

This place was gorgeous! The hiking trails were amazing, the scenery was breathtaking, the sites were nice, and the nature center was so cool. We had a wonderful time and plan on returning many times to hike all the trails.

Stayed 3 nights

We loved this campground. We were there 3 nights. Most of the sites are rather private from each other. The bathrooms were very clean, even the vault toilets, and had the best TP in them. The hosts were very nice and friendly. They introduced themselves in the first hour we were there and invited us to a couple of free events and made recommendations on the best hikes for what we wanted to see. We would go again, but I think we'd want to enjoy more water activities next time. We'll have to bring a kayak or paddle boards.

Great Place

Camping, boating, fishing, hiking, and biking- so much fun

Fishing and kayaking

I’ve been in fishing tournaments and did well also good place to kayak

First time I ever kayaked

Perfect lake to kayak for a beginner bc no wake zone also the cabins are cool and cozy just bring a mattress the restrooms are definitely the cleanest and well taken care of anywhere I’ve ever been

very nice

it was a very nice place to just pull in off the interstate and stay the nice. had a laundromat so you could to your laundry. the owner was very nice person. they have a dog walk also so you can walk your furbaby The sites are full hookups and are just pull right in. will stop there again if we are that way

Love it

Love going camping here it’s a great place for both tent and camper I’ve been camping here for years.

Small near lake

Small sites near the water

Small nice park

Great smaller sites with privacy

Close to town

Great sites close to the lake

Great campground

Campground has clean facilities and good hiking including historic areas

A favorite

We went here for 6 years straight for our annual adult camping weekend and then had to find something a little closer. We still love it though! A ton of great camping spots and large campground! The lake is huge and was always beautiful to drive around. We plan on making a fall trip this year with the family! Photo was taken by my incredibly talented friend Jason Hinton of Hinton Photography.

Amazing

Beautiful lake, great sites, friendly camp Hosts. Our electric box on our site blew a fuse and the camp host immediately came over to change it and replaced the plug as well!

Great Camping Spot

We camp here every time we come to Indiana. We have camped there in a truck camper, and now we tent camp with our Jeep. The sites are large, and there are fire rings available. There are vault toilets and a fresh water pump not far from them. The only time this camp is full is when a trail ride is going on, then it fills up fast. It is only five miles from Paoli, and there is a Walmart there if you need supplies..

Secluded Site

We loved the primitive camp site. It was secluded and open. We loved seeing the open night sky and preferred it over the electric sites because they were more covered with canopy. I though it was reasonably priced. If you are here I encourage you to visit the Pioneer Village, go to the Nature Center, learn about Gus Grissom, or eat some home-cooking at the Inn (I suggest corn mill pie.) Caving awaits. Bonus - the bathrooms were less then 5 min away.

Very nice

It was very nice and quiet!! It’s a clean rv site

Quiet, bathrooms lacking.

We had a pretty decent time at Taylorsville Lake. The spots were spacious, and very nice picnic tables. We did a trail which was nice and went down to a boat ramp to see the lake. You can also rent boats there as well. The bathrooms in my opinion needed a major cleaning. They were nice just not very clean. We most likely won’t visit here again but was nice to hit a Kentucky campground. I have found that camping in Kentucky is much cheaper than in Indiana. Definitely worth a checkout.

Off the beaten path

Site accommodates both horse, drive in and walk-in camping. There’s a privy and water on site. Campsites have fire rings and picnic tables. There is a trail that loops back to the site for easy hiking access.

Great place for a family reunion!

First of all, I have to admit up front, we stayed at this campground during the hottest days on record, for that area. However the park is beautiful and well maintained. Each lot has water and electric. There is a dump station at the exit. The only negative comment about this park is, every lot slopes down towards the lake. If you have levelers, should not be a problem, but be sure to bring extra, because it's a good 3" to 5". We have a small class C and we had to raise the back end (facing the lake) off the ground with our hydraulic levelers. Good think we had leveling blocks to put under the wheels. Also, the decent into this park is steep and the road is narrow. I think there is one section that is close to 8%, however it's short. Verizon phone, Verizon mifi and Dish Satellite, all excellent. Nice thick grassy areas at each site, firepit, picnic table and plenty of room for tent or gazebo. Bathroom/showers very clean.

We were here for a family reunion and used the club house, which was very nice. They also have boat docks, outdoor pavilion, basketball court, beach and swimming area. I would not hesitate to stay here again, but in the cooler months so we could enjoy the trails.

Good for a quick trip

Good for a quick trip out of the city.

Nice campground, not a good lake

Nice campground. Taylorsville lake leaves a lot to be desired…. very small

Love it!

Tons of stuff to do while camping. Boating,fishing,swimming and so much more!

Disappointed

We have a tent which attaches to our truck— no hook ups. Everywhere we go we get a tent site. This campground would not let us get a tent site because we “sleep in the bed of our truck.” We reluctantly rented a cabin because we needed a place to stay for the night. We told them our set-up & that we’ve never been denied a tent site, but they still refused. WiFi was fickle. Got on then would get bumped off.