Louisville, KENTUCKY

Most Recent Louisville Camping Reviews
Clean campground

It was a great campground but paying to take a shower was a bit much. Especially when you already paid to camp. I would stay here if I had a self contained camper with a bathroom.

So beautiful !

This place was gorgeous! The hiking trails were amazing, the scenery was breathtaking, the sites were nice, and the nature center was so cool. We had a wonderful time and plan on returning many times to hike all the trails.

Stayed 3 nights

We loved this campground. We were there 3 nights. Most of the sites are rather private from each other. The bathrooms were very clean, even the vault toilets, and had the best TP in them. The hosts were very nice and friendly. They introduced themselves in the first hour we were there and invited us to a couple of free events and made recommendations on the best hikes for what we wanted to see. We would go again, but I think we'd want to enjoy more water activities next time. We'll have to bring a kayak or paddle boards.

Great Place

Camping, boating, fishing, hiking, and biking- so much fun

Fishing and kayaking

I’ve been in fishing tournaments and did well also good place to kayak

First time I ever kayaked

Perfect lake to kayak for a beginner bc no wake zone also the cabins are cool and cozy just bring a mattress the restrooms are definitely the cleanest and well taken care of anywhere I’ve ever been

very nice

it was a very nice place to just pull in off the interstate and stay the nice. had a laundromat so you could to your laundry. the owner was very nice person. they have a dog walk also so you can walk your furbaby The sites are full hookups and are just pull right in. will stop there again if we are that way

Love it

Love going camping here it’s a great place for both tent and camper I’ve been camping here for years.

Small near lake

Small sites near the water

Small nice park

Great smaller sites with privacy

Close to town

Great sites close to the lake

Great campground

Campground has clean facilities and good hiking including historic areas

A favorite

We went here for 6 years straight for our annual adult camping weekend and then had to find something a little closer. We still love it though! A ton of great camping spots and large campground! The lake is huge and was always beautiful to drive around. We plan on making a fall trip this year with the family! Photo was taken by my incredibly talented friend Jason Hinton of Hinton Photography.

Amazing

Beautiful lake, great sites, friendly camp Hosts. Our electric box on our site blew a fuse and the camp host immediately came over to change it and replaced the plug as well!

Great Camping Spot

We camp here every time we come to Indiana. We have camped there in a truck camper, and now we tent camp with our Jeep. The sites are large, and there are fire rings available. There are vault toilets and a fresh water pump not far from them. The only time this camp is full is when a trail ride is going on, then it fills up fast. It is only five miles from Paoli, and there is a Walmart there if you need supplies..

Secluded Site

We loved the primitive camp site. It was secluded and open. We loved seeing the open night sky and preferred it over the electric sites because they were more covered with canopy. I though it was reasonably priced. If you are here I encourage you to visit the Pioneer Village, go to the Nature Center, learn about Gus Grissom, or eat some home-cooking at the Inn (I suggest corn mill pie.) Caving awaits. Bonus - the bathrooms were less then 5 min away.

Very nice

It was very nice and quiet!! It’s a clean rv site

Quiet, bathrooms lacking.

We had a pretty decent time at Taylorsville Lake. The spots were spacious, and very nice picnic tables. We did a trail which was nice and went down to a boat ramp to see the lake. You can also rent boats there as well. The bathrooms in my opinion needed a major cleaning. They were nice just not very clean. We most likely won’t visit here again but was nice to hit a Kentucky campground. I have found that camping in Kentucky is much cheaper than in Indiana. Definitely worth a checkout.

Off the beaten path

Site accommodates both horse, drive in and walk-in camping. There’s a privy and water on site. Campsites have fire rings and picnic tables. There is a trail that loops back to the site for easy hiking access.

Great place for a family reunion!

First of all, I have to admit up front, we stayed at this campground during the hottest days on record, for that area. However the park is beautiful and well maintained. Each lot has water and electric. There is a dump station at the exit. The only negative comment about this park is, every lot slopes down towards the lake. If you have levelers, should not be a problem, but be sure to bring extra, because it's a good 3" to 5". We have a small class C and we had to raise the back end (facing the lake) off the ground with our hydraulic levelers. Good think we had leveling blocks to put under the wheels. Also, the decent into this park is steep and the road is narrow. I think there is one section that is close to 8%, however it's short. Verizon phone, Verizon mifi and Dish Satellite, all excellent. Nice thick grassy areas at each site, firepit, picnic table and plenty of room for tent or gazebo. Bathroom/showers very clean.

We were here for a family reunion and used the club house, which was very nice. They also have boat docks, outdoor pavilion, basketball court, beach and swimming area. I would not hesitate to stay here again, but in the cooler months so we could enjoy the trails.

Good for a quick trip

Good for a quick trip out of the city.

Nice campground, not a good lake

Nice campground. Taylorsville lake leaves a lot to be desired…. very small

Love it!

Tons of stuff to do while camping. Boating,fishing,swimming and so much more!

Disappointed

We have a tent which attaches to our truck— no hook ups. Everywhere we go we get a tent site. This campground would not let us get a tent site because we “sleep in the bed of our truck.” We reluctantly rented a cabin because we needed a place to stay for the night. We told them our set-up & that we’ve never been denied a tent site, but they still refused. WiFi was fickle. Got on then would get bumped off.

Close to Louisville and Bourbon Tours

The Louisville South KOA is approximately 25 miles south of downtown Louisville in Shepardsville, KY. The location is easy to find off the exit of 65(which also has a Walmart and other stores nearby to resupply).

The campground has both pull through gravel sites, back-in, and tent sites. The sites were close to each other but provided plenty of space for the average sized rig. Many were longer than other KOAs, which enabled the tow vehicle and TT to be parked. Full hook-ups and 30/50 amp services at the sites, some leveling required. The campground store is well stocked and the employees are very friendly.

There is a pool(no hot tub-filled in with stones), play/game area, bounce pillow, and 2 miles of hiking trails around the campground. While the campground was nice, there is a lot of“stuff”(old broken trailers, mowers, etc) laying around the edges and in need of mowing between the sites. These items tend to take away from the overall welcoming feeling of the campground.

This being said, the wifi was strong and it is very convenient to sightseeing around Nashville, especially for the price of$54 per night.

Stillwaters is a private owned campground. There are 3 different camping ar

There are year around sites, along with seasonal. The shower house is functional. No fancy beach ,you access water in 2 different areas by a concrete boat ramp. There are 2 areas up around the front, if you can climb down hills, access to fish from bank. None in rear. The people who run it are super nice. No working playground, no actual swim area. You do have awesome floating from front boat ramp to the rear boat ramp though.  Took us about 2 1/5 to 3 hrs. To do that  fun fun.fun,loved it.

Close to town with a country feel

To find the campground, follow your GPS to Horine Reservation at 12304 Holsclaw Hill Rd. If you follow GPS to Jefferson Memorial Forest, you will end up at the zipline & welcome center. Once on Holsclaw Hill Rd, follow the road & signs to the campground until you reach a gate. A 4 digit code is given to you when you make a reservation. The gate gives a nice sense of privacy & security for the campsite. The camp sites are easy to find and well marked with big signs. I was at Group Site 1This site is huge! Just a guess, but I would say around 1.5 acres. About 2/3 of this site is open, grassy field. The other 1/3 is shaded. The shaded area has 3 large picnic tables, water, fire ring & a private latrine. I purchased firewood in advance & it was delivered to our site before we even arrived. The dumpster is conveniently located near this site. The private latrine is a small, open-air structure near the shaded area of the site. There are 2 composting toilets & the toilet paper was fully stocked. The building is partially open the elements, so it was a little dirty (to be expected) but we used our hose and sprayed the floor clean. The toilets are "squatting" toilets. Which mean they are close to the floor (see pic). There are plenty of wooded areas to explore & hiking trails nearby & several great areas for hammocks. The site looks well maintained & had recently been mowed prior to our arrival. There are enough trees & space to give plenty of privacy between sites. This site is perfect for a large group or family wanting to tent camp together. The picnic tables are the large, sturdy kind. The fire ring was huge with an attached grill. There was another fire ring and 2 more picnic tables in the open grassy area, closer to the road.  Designated parking is near the road, which is a bit of distance for carrying a lot of gear. However, since the ground was completely dry, we dropped our gear at the shady area and then parked our car at the road. Overall, this is a great space with unexpected beauty!

Nostalgic!

I grew up going to Hardy Lake so it will always have a place in my heart. There is plenty to do with a beach, boat ramps, and many hiking trails. They offer activities on the weekends, especially for kids. I am giving this 4 stars because the bathrooms needs a serious deep clean. The sites are spacious with many different types available. I will stay here again, and enjoyed it.

Outstanding Views

Great place to camp if you like being next to water, amazing views, fast boats, and good food. Key West Shrimp House is a landmark restaurant with great food. So convenient when you are joining in on all the fun of the Regatta boat races, bands, and fireworks. Just a nice walk to all the many things to do. Really enjoyed the city of Madison, IN with a small town atmosphere.