the dyrt
Drive In, Walk In, Hike In, Boat In
Fort Boonesborough State Park is located in Kentucky
17 Reviews of Fort Boonesborough State Park
Not just a campground

Great place to visit. We go there a lot with friends and family. A lot of sightseeing.

Great little state park

Try to stay in the front area if possible. Some of the sites in the back get muddy if it rains. Stay clear of site 13 & 15 as they tend to flood. All others are great.

Not for us!

Too much road noice. Area is low and when it rains the camping area and wet for days.

Nice Campground

Primitive camping is next to creek. Plenty of trees and shade for hammocks. Most spots have level areas for Tents. Bathhouses was recently redone and very clean. Cleanest bathhouse in any state or national park stayed ed at. Walking distance to old the old fort location and new Ft. Boonesborough.
Will go back again.

Nice get away. Very peaceful. Clean.

It is very clean and friendly

lots to do

AC in very clean bath house was a big plus. we were close to the river in a reasonably secluded spot. there are lots of activities and trails in the area.

Great Place

My family and I loved staying at the campground. It was very clean and quiet. The bath house was spotless! We will be back.

Pricey but interesting

I was very interested in this area for the living history museum but as a tent camper I had more than a little sticker shock at the $36 price point not to mention the booking fee on Reserve America. That made this one of the most expensive campgrounds I have stayed at including numerous stops in California. 😒

The sites were well shaded and included the typical set up of fire rings and picnic tables but I did feel a little closer to my neighbor than I would have liked. I can only imagine the feeling to and RV camper would be even more suffocating.

The campground was noisy and busy as it was a weekend, and while some of that can be expected for the higher price point I would have liked things to have been a bit more accommodating to those times, maybe they should offer a few less sites so there can be a bit more space so if it is busy you don’t feel like you are suffocated by noise.

With that being said, not all was bad here. The things to do outside of th campground itself were worth some of the inadequacies the camp provided in way of space. The living history museum was one of the best I have seen in the Kentucky or Tennessee area and other amenities such as water access and proximity to hiking was great.

If I did return it would be during the week and potentially not during summer to avoid the crowd.

Great Campground

We really liked this campground and kayaking on the Kentucky River is great. Tons of activities for the kids and even adults. Only downsize we found was our site was a good distances from the bath houses and we didn’t bring bikes or anything.

ok campground

There aren’t very many trees and sites are crowded together. I don’t recommend going when campground is full. It’s more enjoyable when not so crowded. The employees are also not the friendliest people to deal with if you have a problem.