Mammoth Cave National Park, KENTUCKY

Camping Kentucky Mammoth Cave National Park

Most Recent Mammoth Cave National Park Camping Reviews
So fun for the kids

Lots of things to do inside the campground! We’ll definitely be back! Our area had lots of trees and well maintained sites!

Campground has several playgrounds, pools, water slides, and weekly activities!

We stayed at sites 27 and 28 - both pull through. Slightly uneven but otherwise sure was great!

It’s functional

We stayed here upon moving to KY bc it was close to work and we didn’t have a lot of options. The sites are close together and you can’t get cell signal. I loved that it is by a pond, but while staying here we heard about some shady happenings and were a bit leery about our extended stay. There are cabins and people are nice, but it isn’t private and anybody can come in due to the proximity of the pond. On the plus side, the bathrooms are clean and there are tons of washers. The pond is stocked with fish quite frequently but don’t let your kids run around unsupervised.

Love this place

This is our second time here and we love it as much as the first. Will probably be a yearly visit for us. We love all the sites, it’s quiet, near the lake, everyone is friendly. Really nothing bad to say at all(except for all the ticks….spray up)!!!

Good camping, although sites are somewhat close. Very few with shade, especially if you want "water front". Gravel pads are typically fairly level; water and electric at all but tent sites. Grass way overdue for cutting making it extra buggy.

Nice spacious sites

Very clean, large, private sites. All of the sites have their own space. They are very well laid out. Small campground and easy for the kids to bike and play. The beach was closed for high water, but it looked like a nice area. Only a couple of minor complaints… people drive way too fast on the roads, quiet time not enforced or observed and no gate or anything to regulate traffic. We were at site 8, close to the front, and people were driving in and out all the time and it made me very worrisome with the kids. We also had a group next to us that were still “hanging out” at 2am. We didn’t complain about it, but nothing else seemed to be enforced aside for not parking on the grass. We aren’t complaining campers, but 2am is pushing the limits a little bit in my opinion. I also am giving some grace bc the whole place was full for the holiday weekend. We will go back, I just hope the speed limit will start to be enforced a little More and people are more considerate of the kiddos playing.

Good location

Nice campground in a good location. Some things were a little out dated but everything looked well kept.

Great for boaters

Great spot, perfect for spending the day on the water. Bath houses not great.

A Peaceful Weekend

My friends and I had a lovely weekend camping! The park rangers gave great recommendations of which trails to go on & the site was clean and easy to find. Our neighbors were quiet and despite the rain, we had a great time!

Kayaking the Green River

Set up camp at Houchins Ferry and kayaked from Green River Ferry back to the campsite.

Houchins Ferry Campground is small and the sites are pretty close together. It usually is first come first serve, but during Covid is reservation only. It fills up fast on the weekends.

Great spot for a day kayaking, about 11 miles from Green River Ferry.

Great park, okay camping

The park is amazing and definitely worth the stay so you can see the entire park. The campground wasn’t the best I’ve been to, but worth it for the amenities around it. Sites were close together and have a parking lot feel. I didn’t stay in the lodge, but I’d imagine that would be a nice stay if you didn’t want to camp. The deli was nice. We saw wild turkeys everywhere and the caves were absolutely amazing