Paducah, KENTUCKY
Most Recent Paducah Camping Reviews
Great campground

My family loves to camp here. It is a big campground with lots of trees. My family like playing in the creek, riding bikes, swimming in the lake, & hiking on the trails. They have a camp small store, basketball courts, 2 playgrounds, a beach area and 2 boat ramps. It’s a great family friendly campground!

Love it

Best horse campground in ky

Soo nice

On arrival, the electric wouldn’t work. Apparently a breaker was involved. Camp host fixed it. We stayed 3 nights and it was awesome.

A Campground for Almost Everyone

When I stayed at Prizer Point, I felt as if I were in a small coastal town. It is the first campground I have been to that has condominiums. It doesn’t matter what kind of camping or glamping you do, this campground has it, except for yurts. However, they do have tree houses. There are also choices of cabins,“chalets”(although it didn’t look like a chalet when I looked at one), bungalows, floating cabins, etc. Of course, being a tent camper, that’s my choice. Some of the tent sites are on top of each other, but if you are lucky enough, you can stay at a site beside the woods. You still don’t get complete privacy, but it is better than being on the other side of the path where the tent sites are on top of each other. The tent sites are grassy, which I like. I prefer a grassy site over a concrete pad. Some people love the large campgrounds with lots of activities, especially when there are children with you. Since I am mainly a tent camper, I prefer the solitude of being in the woods. Fortunately, I was there at the beginning of the week, and it wasn’t as crowded as it normally would be. Personally, and subjectively, I would rate this campground one star; but objectively, I have to rate it five stars because it offers so much. While I was there, I toured the campground and was amazed at how much they have. They have go carts, oversized chess, swimming pools, a soccer field, a marina, a restaurant, and a section called Prizer Lagoon. You can also rent golf carts to get around, and you will want to do that unless you want to walk for miles. There, you can play in the inflatable obstacle course or ride in a paddle boat. There is also a zip line that crosses the water. For RVers, you have quite a few options. One section has formal concrete pads with hookups. Another section is not as“sanitized” but offers everything you need for your RV. I was surprised by the size of the marina, which was huge according to my limited knowledge of marinas at campgrounds. There is also a boat ramp for when you want to launch your own boat. If I wanted to RV, I would choose the little peninsula beside the boat ramp. Great view! If I wanted to stay in a cabin, there are some cabins next to the lake that also have great views. Overall, this campground has everything you want in a resort campground.

Can be nice

Basic campground. No water or electric. One vault toilet. Probably 15 true sites but several grassy areas that tents and hammocks can use.

Great for kids!

We ended up at this campsite by accident. We were looking for dispersed camping sites, but right as we were pulling into one of the only good tent sites at the campground, someone snagged it from us. We ended up in area D right by the restrooms. Hubby and I would’ve never camped there on our own because we prefer to be more secluded but it was perfect for our daughter! Our site was tucked in the trees across from the restroom. Bathroom was clean and convenient. We woke up the next morning and rented kayaks and got out on the lake! Good experience! Probably better for RVs and Campers than tents, though.

Not as secluded as we like... but still super quiet!

If you drive all the way to the back of this campground, there’s a little bluff overlooking the lake where you can camp. We were disappointed that those spots were all taken. We were also disappointed with how close together the rest of the open sites were! The few that were hidden and private were taken. We chose the first site in the woods as you enter the campground. Couldn’t see much of the lake from the site but we loved being tucked in the woods. The only noise we heard from other people was when people drove past hauling boats. The bathroom was very clean. We will probably go back during a time of year that is not so busy so we can get a site we like better!

Great camping other than biting flies

It was my 3rd time camping at LBL never had any issues at any of the other campgrounds at LBL. But this time was different it’s a beautiful campsite on the lake so it’s everything you should want for camping even close to a bathroom. But there was so many biting flies. Literally drawing blood so my kids and family hated it my niece literally went home with bite marks all over her legs. I made sure to spray the bug spray although even that barely stopped them great at night though lol.

Best for Boating & Fishing

This was a great location b/c it was quiet, waterfront and has great amenities (fire ring with grill, electricity, water, dump station, trash dumpster, dry firewood for purchase). The only thing missing was hiking trails. We rented site #27 and it was perfect. We hung out hammock between 2 trees over the water and relaxed by the waters edge. There was a playground for the kids to play at and we drove to nearby Land between the Lakes, Cadiz and Lake Barkley surroundings for geocaching. I recommend visiting the nearby Elk & Bison Prairie for $5/vehicle. We didn’t see elk that day but we saw a group of bison which was really cool.

Convenient stop

We stayed in the primative loop for $18 with electric and water. The primative sites can be difficult to park in, but, if you are lucky enough to find one that your camper can fit into what a deal.

Great little spot!

This camping spot is just down the road from Southern IL’s Garden Of the Gods. There were 12 camping areas. Plenty of room and trees for tents and hammocks. Also, there is a good amount of shade so if you tent in the right spot you don’t wake up roasting from the sun. The campsites have a lot of room so your neighbors don’t seem like they are on top of your site. The spots include a picnic table, hanging poles for trash or lantern, and a fire pit with movable built-in grill. The area is very wooded so unless the ground is wet you can find lots of firewood. There is a drinking water pump at the entrance of the campsite but it’s pretty chlorinated. There is no shower or running water and the toilets are pit style; but there are toilets. I don’t know if other sites had this but ours had 2 trails leading right out of the woods. Great for close to home hiking.

P.S. Beware of tailless raccoon at site 12 that likes to steal Doritos.

Old Boy Scout Campsite

I discovered this little gem of a campground in college. This is a primitive site, and is considered back country camping, meaning you will have to obtain a back country pass from the Golden Pond Visitor Center. This place used to be used for Boy Scout Summer camps. It’s a nice little finger of land that has water all around. There is space for several tents and you could find spots for hammocks in the nearby tree line. This place has no amenities. However the road is very close with energy lake campground nearby if you need firewood or anything else that you may run out of.

Nice and peaceful

I often camped here when I wanted something mildly primitive but still somewhat accessible not completely away from all people. They have many sites to choose from that are near the waters edge or further away. There is always a trailer there for the host of the area. I have never seen this place plum full so it’s likely you will find a site, for tent camping. It provides some beautiful scenery and a gorgeous view in the morning as the sun rises. You occasionally get people docking or putting in water craft as they have a ramp nearby, but usually not much activity in the area.

Ranger Review: Dixon Springs Campground

Tent camped in the Cedar Springs camping area of the park. Large sites with lots of trees creating privacy between. There were only a couple other people there, so it was almost like we had the whole place to ourselves. The tall trees are gorgeous. Our site had a pile of excess pine needles which had been taken over by a colony of spiders, so that was not cool. Spider webs were all over the picnic table, so that wasn’t enjoyable to have to take care of. Lots of hiking nearby. We also headed down to checkout Paducah and drove over to the other side of the river to see Mantle Rock and hike on the Trail of Tears.

Quiet and Secluded

We stayed at site D3 over Memorial Day weekend. I was pretty nervous when we first saw the site, it was literally on a hillside. We have two small kids and were with family (in adjacent D4) so we really hoped for a site with flat space for the kids to play in, but there was absolutely no grassy area. That didn't stop us from having a good time!

The D loop was nice and quiet with very little traffic. We were very close to the lake to drop our kayaks in the water or fish without going far, always a plus!

Bathrooms were very clean for camp restrooms. The showers were in their own rooms, so that was really nice. Great water pressure and it wasn't a push button shower like some campgrounds have!

Since we have kids, we had to check out the play ground. It was pretty disappointing with only a couple swings, a hot metal slide and a climbing bar. The beach was far from impressive with basically gravel as half of the beach. I wasn't expecting Florida beaches in Kentucky, but in Indiana we have nice sandy beaches at lakes so I was disappointed.

The lake was gorgeous and perfect for kayaking though, with lots of nice coves to explore and wildlife to see. I saw a doe with a spotted fawn nursing on my first trip onto the water

All in all, if you want flat spaces, don't go to loop D, loop C was much flatter. We probably won't return, but it was a nice stay, but probably better for those without small kids to entertain.

Quiet and Secluded

Nice place

Very friendly people. Every slot was very close to water. Was very convenient for our kayaks.

Amazing views

Good place for July 4th. Great view of fireworks

Nice place

Quiet, peaceful. Slots are large, definitely not confined.

Full hook ups on a old golf course

Pretty nice new campground! Hosts are very friendly and outgoing! Sites are clean and shower house is cleanest I’ve ever seen. All sites are full hook up.

Nice campground but....

Beautiful campground. Big sites. Nice private shower houses. But lock up your beer… apparently it's common to have it stolen from your cooler when ur gone or asleep. Happend to us in the 15 min we went to take showers. Talked to the gate guard and they are aware it's a problem but dont warn you…. tiny frogs everywhere!!!!!😊😊😊😊

A beautiful equestrian lodge and campground. Ride out of several trail hea

Address: 50 Barger Rd, Stonefort, IL.

Little Lusk is the most Spacious and beautiful equestrian campground in southern IL.    Bring your horses, or just come and camp and stay in the lodge.  Ride or hike in the beautiful Shawnee National Forest.  Campsites are spacious and can accommodate very large rigs. High lines behind sites.  Stalls can be reserved. some sites are full hookup. Primitive camping also available.  CALL them for more info at 270-205-7138.  Arena and huge event barn on site. Event barn can be reserved for weddings.  Numerous sites have electric and water.  They have a Facebook page with numerous photos.

Wooded Wonderland

This campground was wonderful! The campsites were huge. There were trees everywhere which were great for shade and hanging hammocks. Many of the sites were pull throughs which is nice for larger rvs. Several bluff hikes with large rock formations and lush greenery were nearby. The lodge offered a delicious all you can eat fried chicken family style dinner. Lakes nearby for fishing, kayaking & paddle boarding.

Great camping!

We love going to Lake Glendale and go several times per year. It is quiet, the campsites are pretty (especially group), there are great hikes nearby, and a beach to swim on.

Great Midwest Campground

This is a wonderful place. I camped here as a teen and returning last summer was a great experience. In July the campground was nearly empty. We had our pick of nice shaded sites. The facilities were well maintained with new asphalt roads and clean pit toilets and water. The camp host was very welcoming and helpful. We had dinner at the historic lodge which is very popular and known for their huge portions and outstanding fried chicken. The lodge is worth the visit alone. The rock formations that make up the park are great for repelling and hiking. The hardwood forest provides great cover. If your visiting Southern Illinois this is high on the list.

Great base to explore LBL area.

Well maintained campground in heart of the Lake Between The Lakes area. I'd never been to the area and really liked it a lot.  Tons of stuff to do and all a short drive away.

Campsite was a short walk from the water and short walk to swimming area and park.  Showers were right across the road from us and were kept up pretty well.  There was even coin operated washer and dryer just at the end of the loop, which came in handy when we got some rain into our tent that soaked a bunch of clothes.  Not a ton of privacy but not the worst I've seen.  Checked out the Elk and Bison Prairie, which was really cool. Nature station was really cool and we rented some canoes to explore around that area.  Went to the Homeplace, which is a working farm and 'living history museum,' which the kids really loved.  Rented a pontoon boat for the day at Kenlake Marina which was fun.

Great site!

My family and I camped here for the night and it was great. Very clean, and well maintained. The bathrooms are on close proximity to the sites. Only downside is that there are only 12 sites, and they are first come, first serve… so you might want to have a second option on a weekend.

By far the best

This is absolutely my favorite camping home. The staff is amazing, they know us by name. Fellow campers are courteous and very friendly, almost like family.

Ranger Review: Liquid I.V. at Camp Manitowa at Cedar Point

Campground Review:

Important first note: This is a group campground. It's used for summer camps but families and groups can also reserve it. I was there for a Vanlife Gathering. A yoga retreat was the previous week.

Imagine a place where peace seeps in to your soul and no worries can find their way in. This sanctuary gave all of us a private setting to relax and enjoy our community. Our group was the only one in the camp. With only one road in, we knew everybody there. The owners spent time with us and even donated the money from our reservation to our fundraising causes. They made sure we had everything we needed and we all noticed their care.

As for the facilities, there are lodges and tent platforms throughout the camp. We were in vans, tents and teardrop campers. We just drove right up onto the grass and set up camp. The beach at the end of the loop opened up to a huge lake that wrapped around the corners. Others must have access because there were some early morning fishermen out there. Since this is used as a summer camp, there are a variety of activities around. I saw frisbee golf, a labyrinth maze game, a beach and some canoes (no lifeguard) among other activities spread around. The main kitchen and dining hall was opened up and they had cooks serve up great food if you wanted some. We took advantage of the space and had a 260+ person (and numerous dogs) potluck dinner one night. A bonfire ring can be found near the lake as well as by the kitchen. The fire was great even though it rained on us. The owner said there were hiking trails but we were too busy as a group to find them. They even brought in a band, The Mighty Pines, to play for us. Live music under the stars surrounded by beautiful souls - pretty close to perfection.

If I were planning a family reunion or large group camping experience, I would definitely keep Camp Manitowa in mind. The owners cared about our experience and kept the place up beautifully.

Product Review for Liquid I.V.:

As a Ranger for The Dyrt I get products to test from time to time. This trip I am testing Liquid I.V. It is a hydration drink mix that helps increase your fluid intake. Their literature states that it help you hydrate 2-3 times faster than water alone.

I put it to the test this weekend. I left 55º weather and quickly found myself in the mid 80's. It was the first heat of the year and I was camping. Liquid I.V. mixed in the water quickly and kept me hydrated.

What I loved about Liquid I.V.:

• I really felt more hydrated. Normally I find myself with headaches from not drinking enough on hot days. This didn't happen all weekend using Liquid I.V. I found myself reaching for more water without thinking about it.
  • Convenient packets that are easy to carry. This made it a lightweight addition to my gear. The large pack of them also ziplocks shut so they stay contained back at base camp.
  • Quickly dissolved and left no clumps or residue. I looked in my water bottle after finishing and found no telltale clumps of powder anywhere.
  • The flavors I tested, açaí berry and passionfruit, tasted great. They started a bit too sweet for me but I added more water after drinking half the bottle and it worked well. The flavor was strong but not overpowering.

I will continue to use Liquid I.V. to chase away dehydration. I would rate Liquid I.V. a 5 but you might go with a 4 if you don't like the sweetness.