Campground Closed
Taylorsville Lake is closed for the season. It reopens April 1st.
Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 60 ft.
Taylorsville Lake is located in Kentucky
16 Reviews of Taylorsville Lake
Weekend away

It was a good enough trip. Staff was friendly. The only spot available was in the equine section, we set up there. Those spots are too close together. There was a group next to us that was really loud and foul mouthed late into the evening. Lake can be enjoyed if you have a boat or rent one, not much shoreline accessibility.

This was our first trip

I don’t have any other experiences to compare this trip with so in my rookie opinion I thought it was a nice clean campground. The guys at the entrance were very nice and the bath house was clean.

Decent campground

Nice campground. Not very big though. The do have some pull through sites for equestrian trailers. Good horse trails. Clean facilities.

Fishing and kayaking

I’ve been in fishing tournaments and did well also good place to kayak

Quiet, bathrooms lacking.

We had a pretty decent time at Taylorsville Lake. The spots were spacious, and very nice picnic tables. We did a trail which was nice and went down to a boat ramp to see the lake. You can also rent boats there as well. The bathrooms in my opinion needed a major cleaning. They were nice just not very clean. We most likely won’t visit here again but was nice to hit a Kentucky campground. I have found that camping in Kentucky is much cheaper than in Indiana. Definitely worth a checkout.

Nice campground, not a good lake

Nice campground. Taylorsville lake leaves a lot to be desired…. very small

Great time here

This is a peaceful place. Enjoy!

Wonderful place to camp!

We camped there in July for my son's birthday party. We were near the restroom facilities which were very clean. The camping area was recently mowed. Plenty of parking for guests and tents. We were on the group campsite #7. Playground was close and perfect for everyone to go run and play. Reservations were easy and staff friendly.

weekend getaway

Campground is laid in a great way allowing space between guests. when we arrived the grounds crew were cutting the grass and weed eating feet of me while trying to set camp. Yes, I understand it needs to be mowed but I don’t like rocks being shot at me. The bathrooms were cleaned once a day early afternoon. The middle shower in the men’s needs to be fixed, no water pressure. the camper lots are made with fine gravel. could use more shade around the camper sites. All-in-all good campground.

Nice primitive camping!

The best sites are in the back as they are more spaced out and have foliage separating them. The interior sites are super close together. If you have dogs, you will want space. If you can snag a site in the back, it’s worth the cost per night. There is a nice trail behind the primitive camping, and gives a good view at the top. If there were more sites and more space, we would be here all the time!

Year 2021 Flag