Equestrian
About Taylorsville Lake State Park
Taylorsville Lake State Park is located in Kentucky
12 Reviews of Taylorsville Lake State Park
Quiet, bathrooms lacking.

We had a pretty decent time at Taylorsville Lake. The spots were spacious, and very nice picnic tables. We did a trail which was nice and went down to a boat ramp to see the lake. You can also rent boats there as well. The bathrooms in my opinion needed a major cleaning. They were nice just not very clean. We most likely won’t visit here again but was nice to hit a Kentucky campground. I have found that camping in Kentucky is much cheaper than in Indiana. Definitely worth a checkout.

Nice campground, not a good lake

Nice campground. Taylorsville lake leaves a lot to be desired…. very small

Great time here

This is a peaceful place. Enjoy!

Wonderful place to camp!

We camped there in July for my son's birthday party. We were near the restroom facilities which were very clean. The camping area was recently mowed. Plenty of parking for guests and tents. We were on the group campsite #7. Playground was close and perfect for everyone to go run and play. Reservations were easy and staff friendly.

weekend getaway

Campground is laid in a great way allowing space between guests. when we arrived the grounds crew were cutting the grass and weed eating feet of me while trying to set camp. Yes, I understand it needs to be mowed but I don’t like rocks being shot at me. The bathrooms were cleaned once a day early afternoon. The middle shower in the men’s needs to be fixed, no water pressure. the camper lots are made with fine gravel. could use more shade around the camper sites. All-in-all good campground.

Nice primitive camping!

The best sites are in the back as they are more spaced out and have foliage separating them. The interior sites are super close together. If you have dogs, you will want space. If you can snag a site in the back, it’s worth the cost per night. There is a nice trail behind the primitive camping, and gives a good view at the top. If there were more sites and more space, we would be here all the time!

A quick place to rest

We pulled in here on a Sunday July night around 10pm. self checked ourselves in to a prImatIve sIte to grab a few hours of sleep. The next morning we showered and left. The bathhouse was clean and the park was quiet. worked for us on our way out east.

Close to home decent camp ground

Visited multiple time. Decent place. Better if you have a boat ( or rent one at the marina across the lake) good access to the lake, gets busy in the summer. Stores in decent proximity off property. Can get loud at times. Rangers are strict but nice. Bath and shower houses are decent but not great

Great campground!

We stopped at this campground for two nights on our way down to Tennessee for the eclipse. Most of the sites were really big, and there was plenty of space and trees in between. We stayed at site P02, but I don't recommend that specific site. It was probably the worst site in the primitive camp, but I reserved it online in advance. It was far from flat, and the space provided for the picnic table was pretty much unusable. Just about every other site there looked amazing though. The primitive camp was close to the equestrian camp, and between to two campgrounds, there were only 25 sites. These 25 campsites share a bathhouse, which was very clean and quiet. This park also has an RV campground with 45 sites, but we never step foot in that part of the park.

A great time was had by all

Secluded primitive camping, clean facilities, friendly staff. Racoons were in the area. Shaded, plentey of tree cover. Had a great time, would like to go back.