Georgetown, KENTUCKY

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Georgetown Camping Reviews
Excellent campground

An excellent campground for almost anyone.

Nice, basic campground

We stopped here passing through for 1 night.  My impression was that the camping area was a basic field with not much privacy between sites.  It's good we had a 50' hose because the water hook-up was with other faucets between a few sites.  Not with the electrical hook-up as we were used to seeing.

Decent campground

Nice campground. Not very big though. The do have some pull through sites for equestrian trailers. Good horse trails. Clean facilities.

Walk through history

Fort Boonesborough SP is near I64 and I75 Between Lexington and Richmond , Ky. The Kentucky River is adjacent. I remember watching Daniel Boone in black and white when I was a kid. The Fort is very cool.

I imagine the staff here stays very busy considering the amount of people that pass through. Then there are those visitors that try to get the most for their money and stuff as many people as possible into one site. And my favorite, the ones that think it’s someone else’s responsibility to clean up their trash. So here’s a shout out to the people that do their best to keep it working and try to keep a professional smile on their face while putting up with the less then polite visitors.

Alrighty then…..nice enough busy campground with some sites definitely more preferable then others. Knowing the campground and reserving ahead always makes your stay better. We visited in the off season so did not have to worry about the crowds. Showerhouse was adequate and the sites reasonably level. Sort of a “every available spot” used kinda campground and I would not want to stay here when it is at full capacity. I’m here for the hiking mostly and enjoyed the trails and bridges. The Fort was VERY cool. If my kids were still at home this would definitely be a field trip location! In the area is the Beer Cheese Trail check it out!

Ranger Review: Grubstick Deluxe Kit Big Bone Lick

What a great camping experience! A little bit of everything. Large blacktop campsite with plenty of grassy area. We stayed in site 057 which was a little more secluded then the others. What impressed me most is how quite it was. Even with all the kids there ( it was the kids Mecca). Great pool, mini golf and great playground. Lots of hiking trails. We took a small hike to see the buffalo that live there. Nice museum on site that features a prehistoric Skelton of giant sloth. Small lake and plenty of wild life. Great shower house and bathrooms. This place is a 10! Be sure to visit Noah’s Arc which is only about 20 minutes away!

PRODUCT REVIEW : as a ranger with the Dyrt I get the opportunity to try and review products. I am reviewing the Grubstick. I absolutely loved them. They were light and compact and a lot of fun. We loved cooking over the open fire. They came in a great carry case. We tested each instrument with various foods. The round cage we made a hamburger and it cooked to perfection. We also made garlic bread, hot dogs and strawberry Twinkie shortcake. Of corse the normal s’mores. Easy to add or remove different tools cleanup was a breeze. Will make these a standard on every camping trip! https://grubstick.com

Fishing and kayaking

I’ve been in fishing tournaments and did well also good place to kayak

Our local go to spot

We love this place. It’s close to home so we know the good spots. Some are uneven and tight but most you have a nice yard. There is a primitive loop that you can camp On the lake. No swimming aloud they have a nice pool for that. There is hiking fishing golf mini golf tennis and playgrounds plus shelter rentals. They have a great Halloween month. Most sites are shaded.

Very clean and well kept!

This is an amazing place! Super friendly and helpful staff. AAA+++

Picturesque Bourbon Country

What an amazing stop & RV Park!!!!

We were in the area for a wedding and looking for something to do and Three Trees more than fit the bill.  We called a day or two ahead to reserve kayaks. We had a 4hr rental beginning at 11am, but were told there maybe some flexibility if we wanted to start early depending on other reservations.

We got into town earlier than expected and went over at 9:30 expecting to hang out in the picnic area or hike around to kill time, but the owners met us out front and got us straight on the water.  They were so nice and accommodating, it blew us away.  The RV park (full hookups) was very neatly kept and there are clean sizable shower/bathrooms at the office.

A fantastic experience. We'd do it again if we return to the area.

Decent for a quick stop

Located right off the interstate (a little noisy), road leading into campground is narrow and bumpy. Campground itself is pretty full of longterm residents, just a few daily spots available. Fairly narrow spots but it worked for a night or two for us. No frills.