Versailles, KENTUCKY

Camping Kentucky Versailles

Most Recent Versailles Camping Reviews
Private Campground with nice small lake

It’s a private campground with mostly permanent residents. Nice small pond and I hear the fishing is good. The first day here I went to the bathroom/shower and they were dirty-so I didn’t use either and decided to only use the facilities in my RV. Today I was outside and needed to go to the restroom, they were much cleaner this time. Old but cleaner. Staff at the campground seemed nice and friendly.

Awesome River View

Our site had a level concrete parking pad and concrete deck overlooking the river. On the deck was a patio set with an umbrella and 4 chairs and 2 Adirondack style plastic chairs with a portable fire pit. There was even a clean gas grill with a full tank of propane and utensils! It had rained really hard all day Friday and had cleared up just as we turned off the highway so the river was really muddy and had a lot of debris and a really fast current. We camped May 8th and 9th and the temperature dropped down to 25 degrees. “Angie”, the manager was awesome! She is so very nice, also the man that took care of the campground “Russ” was really nice and helpful, this was our first time using our camper and he even came in and helped us get our tv going. The restroom/bath house is older but I don’t think it could have been any cleaner! The small store/office was also nice, they aren’t trying to make a fortune on there items and there was even free coffee! I give it five stars. We will definitely be back.

Quick night through

Clean, plenty of room b/w sites, nobody around as was last of February. Good size campground. Clean restrooms.

Excellent campground

An excellent campground for almost anyone.

Nice, basic campground

We stopped here passing through for 1 night.  My impression was that the camping area was a basic field with not much privacy between sites.  It's good we had a 50' hose because the water hook-up was with other faucets between a few sites.  Not with the electrical hook-up as we were used to seeing.

Decent campground

Nice campground. Not very big though. The do have some pull through sites for equestrian trailers. Good horse trails. Clean facilities.

Walk through history

Fort Boonesborough SP is near I64 and I75 Between Lexington and Richmond , Ky. The Kentucky River is adjacent. I remember watching Daniel Boone in black and white when I was a kid. The Fort is very cool.

I imagine the staff here stays very busy considering the amount of people that pass through. Then there are those visitors that try to get the most for their money and stuff as many people as possible into one site. And my favorite, the ones that think it’s someone else’s responsibility to clean up their trash. So here’s a shout out to the people that do their best to keep it working and try to keep a professional smile on their face while putting up with the less then polite visitors.

Alrighty then…..nice enough busy campground with some sites definitely more preferable then others. Knowing the campground and reserving ahead always makes your stay better. We visited in the off season so did not have to worry about the crowds. Showerhouse was adequate and the sites reasonably level. Sort of a “every available spot” used kinda campground and I would not want to stay here when it is at full capacity. I’m here for the hiking mostly and enjoyed the trails and bridges. The Fort was VERY cool. If my kids were still at home this would definitely be a field trip location! In the area is the Beer Cheese Trail check it out!

Fishing and kayaking

I’ve been in fishing tournaments and did well also good place to kayak

Picturesque Bourbon Country

What an amazing stop & RV Park!!!!

We were in the area for a wedding and looking for something to do and Three Trees more than fit the bill.  We called a day or two ahead to reserve kayaks. We had a 4hr rental beginning at 11am, but were told there maybe some flexibility if we wanted to start early depending on other reservations.

We got into town earlier than expected and went over at 9:30 expecting to hang out in the picnic area or hike around to kill time, but the owners met us out front and got us straight on the water.  They were so nice and accommodating, it blew us away.  The RV park (full hookups) was very neatly kept and there are clean sizable shower/bathrooms at the office.

A fantastic experience. We'd do it again if we return to the area.

Decent for a quick stop

Located right off the interstate (a little noisy), road leading into campground is narrow and bumpy. Campground itself is pretty full of longterm residents, just a few daily spots available. Fairly narrow spots but it worked for a night or two for us. No frills.