About My Old Kentucky Home State Park
My Old Kentucky Home State Park is located in Kentucky
5 Reviews of My Old Kentucky Home State Park
Cute Little Campground

Small but well kept campground. Bathhouse is older but clean. Some sites have views of the golf course. Very friendly staff that works hard to maintain the grounds. Campground is right in the middle of town, but you will still have to drive anywhere you want to go. We toured the My Old KY Home historic house and gardens with our kids (13 & 5) and everyone enjoyed it. We stayed two nights in site 18 and it was tight backing in, even in our 23 foot Airstream, not very private but it is close to the bathhouse. The best site, in my opinion, is site 26. It is more private, has a wide pad and a little "yard" to the side. Site 20 is one to avoid. It's at the corner of the loop, across from a dumpster, right next to the bathroom AND the dump station is practically in the site. It even sits at a lower elevation than the dump station so imagine how nasty it could be on a rainy day. There are a few of pull through sites that would be good options if you are just using it as a stop over.

Works in a pinch

Has tent and RV camping. I tent camped this trip and stopped by for one night as I was passing through. Cost was about $16ish. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Tent sites are at the front of the property with the RVs to the back. Tent campsites are not defined - just an open area for all to share with picnic tables and grills scattered around. Kids playground next to it. Couldn't find the potable water for the tent area. The RVs had electric & water hookups. Showers and bathrooms available. Right next to a side road with a bit of traffic the night I stayed.

An amazing and welcoming State Park

From the time you pull onto the entrance, shared with the golf entrance, you feel right at home. Campsites are a great size, plenty of shade, beautiful trees. Visitor center and gift shop available. Massive golf course for those avid golfers. Beautiful mansion to tour. Amphitheater open during the summer. A great family-friendly place to visit.

Primitive tent camping at My Old Kentucky Home

The primitive tent camping is located in a grove of beautiful, mature trees. Fire rings & picnic tables are dotted throughout the trees. There is a highway right beside the campsite so you will best cars, but it is not a high traffic area.

Quiet, Family Friendly Campsite

If you are looking for a place to take your children for a week or weekend of fun, My Old Kentucy Home State Park is your place. We stayed in spot 22 which is large and spacious. Seven of us camped (two families) with three tents, three hammicks and two cars. We had plenty of room. The Stephen Foster Home has multiple activities and there are plenty of museums to visit. Restrooms are clean and centrally located. We loved it!