Owensboro, KENTUCKY

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Owensboro Camping Reviews
Nice place

The campground is very nice and well kept. The campsites arent very secluded though if that is something you are looking for. There is a nice hike to an old fire tower that is pretty neat.

Very primitive

The park is very primitive with no electricity. There is running water but you have to walk quite a ways to get to it if you arent camping by it. There are no shower houses and the bathrooms are just a glorified porta potty. Aside from lacking amenities it is a very quiet and pretty place to camp.

Halloweekends are a must!

We went to Lake Rudolph for their Halloweekends and it is a one of a kind experience. They have so many activities for the kids such as hayrides, a DJ, pumpkin carving, and so many other things throughout the day! It was so neat seeing the campsites and golf carts decorated and lit up at night. If you get the chance to go, do it!

A wonderful place for family

My wife and I camped here in February of 2020. This is a very well maintained park. We had just bought our 29' motorhome. It was too cold to do much, but the campground is nice. There is a petting zoo for the kids, a nice pool with a large water slide, 1 shower house that was very clean. Clean restrooms. A large lake for fishing and swimming. Walking trails, wood available for purchase. They even have cabins for rent, and lots of primitive sites. I recommend this park to all!

Great campground!

Great campground with lots of activities and a family friendly and neighborhood atmosphere.

Beach, camping, what else do you need?

Great place to set up camp and enjoy! On site washer and dryers, very nice shower houses, the camp attended is super nice, all the staff will go above and beyond to make your stay a great one. Every night there are deers out grazing and it's near fishing spots, and Wayne's right up the street is a super nice little country store. I will be going back to camp there again and again.The restrooms and grounds were very clean at the campsite. The camp host and store clerk were friendly and helpful. This is a very small park with a quiet campground. There is no gate to the campground, so there is some traffic that comes through from time to time which I didn't care for. The trails were nice. The beach and beach house were just okay, not bad, but not great either.

Great campground

Great campground. Facilities are clean and well kept. Good fishing lake. Friendly staff. Our favorite.

Ranger Review Red Ledge Thunderlight jacket at Axtel Campground

Campground Review: I have stayed at and reviewed this campground before, however this time I am reviewing our experience at site I158 over Labor Day Weekend while using the Red Ledge Thunderlight jacket. Site I158 has no electric or water. It is a fairly small tent site that is very close to other sites. There is only enough room for 1 tent and 1 vehicle. The fire ring is nice and has a grill attached. There is a large picnic table and a prep table with a tall hook, which we hung our trash on. The site is gravel but I was able to put in my tent stakes with minimal effort. The site is completely wooded, so if you don't like tent camping near trees, this site is not for you. The upside is there are plenty of sticks for kindling. I did however get hit with a few falling acorns, and that did not feel good at all. The quiet time at this campground is respected and followed. The beach is great for hanging out and swimming in the lake. The beach had previously been damaged by flooding but was beautiful for Labor Day Weekend.

Product Review: As a Ranger for The Dyrt www.thedyrt.com, I get products to test from time to time and today I am reviewing the Men& Women's Thunderlight Jacket from Red Ledge https://www.redledge.com/products/mens-and-womens-thunderlight-jacket?variant=7068462153788. I made a video folding the jacket into the carrying bag after I returned home from camping.

1. What I liked about this product: The jacket fits great. Using the size guidelines on Red Ledge's website, I ordered the appropriate sized jacket and it fits perfectly. I like the sealed edges that kept any water from getting to my clothes underneath. This jacket is lightweight. It is a great jacket to use anywhere, but this would be great for back country camping. Because it's lightweight and breathable, I also used it for sun protection while sitting on Rough River Lake beach. The hood hangs over a little bit keeping the sun and rain out of your eyes. The cuffs and the bottom of the jacket are adjustable, which I love. Red Ledge offers this jacket in 13 different colors, but I chose Mercury(gray). The price of the jacket is a little higher than I expected, however, I believe this jacket will hold up over time and be completely worth it. As a tent camper, I have learned to spend a little more money on better quality products than to buy cheap stuff and have to keep replacing them.

2. What I didn't like about this product: I didn't quite understand how the hood adjust worked and it took me a little bit of figuring it out. However, once I understood what I was doing, it worked great.

Overall, I would recommend this jacket. My son has the youth version of The Thunderlight and he loves it. I think Red Ledge has made a good quality product that anyone can use and appreciate.

Stayed 3 nights

We loved this campground. We were there 3 nights. Most of the sites are rather private from each other. The bathrooms were very clean, even the vault toilets, and had the best TP in them. The hosts were very nice and friendly. They introduced themselves in the first hour we were there and invited us to a couple of free events and made recommendations on the best hikes for what we wanted to see. We would go again, but I think we'd want to enjoy more water activities next time. We'll have to bring a kayak or paddle boards.

Great Place

Camping, boating, fishing, hiking, and biking- so much fun