Pineville, KENTUCKY

Most Recent Pineville Camping Reviews
Very nice park

Very nice, clean park with lots of nice trails to walk. Enjoyed the lake and river. Only negative comment would be that for the East Campground the road going in is very tight so it is difficult for larger campers to get in and out. Overall we really enjoyed it.

Loved it

My campsite was a little small but it was right on Cherokee Lake. A lot of permanent residence that are there during the season and I was there offseason so not a lot of people. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

Off The Beaten Path

A few friends and I visited this campground in June of 2018 so we could visit the Natural Tunnel and the Devil's Fork Loop Trail. It's a little off the beaten path, down a dirt/gravel road, nestled next to the river (sadly it was right after Tropical Storm Alberto so the river was flooded and we didn't get a chance to swim). We had a wonderful time tent camping and hiking, the staff was always around if we needed anything and we had a peaceful, memorable vacation.

Accessibility of Mountain Lake Marina and Campground

My name is Nick Westermeyer. I am a quadriplegic from a gymnastics injury sustained at Michigan State University in April 1991 who is interested in global travel and participating in activities not normally associated with disabled people. I’m currently on an adventure that will explore worldwide handicapped accessibility. Many people have travel blogs, but there are none that I know of that come from the vantage point of a wheelchair user going off the accessible path.

Mountain Lake Marina and Campground advertises that they are ADA accessible and has WiFi this not accurate. Although the majority of the Marina and campground are accessible it’s impossible for a wheelchair user to even got on the dock. This has been the issue for over one year. The owner, Mark, said they had a new dock plate on order but it was late. This was in March of 2019, it is now May of 2020. I do not know the current status of the dock plate. This is a safety hazard not only for me but the people helping me out. Once on the dock with substantial help, it is accessible. Bathrooms are accessible, dock is flat and easy to wheel on, and outside seating at restaurant. The campground bathrooms, showers, and pool are accessible.

The campground is located on a hill so you need a car or golf cart to make down to the docks. There are a few flat areas to wheel at the top of the campground. The campground also advertises WiFi. The campground had free WiFi but since it went down late in 2018 the owner has refused to get WiFi back. There is WiFi for the new$300,000 condos, so I know it possible to get WiFi at the campground.

Pleasant Atmosphere

Near Corbin, Ky Grove Campground is in Daniel Boone National Park with Cumberland Falls SP nearby. Grove is another of the many smaller campgrounds that are spread throughout Daniel Boone NP. Tent or RV camp, well maintained older area with facilities and privacy. So much to do nearby and just another AWESOME area.

Sister Shenanigans

Stayed at Corbin/ Laurel Lake KOA near Cumberland Falls State Park while at a group event. We were in the nicely shaded loop and had more then enough room to set up and visit with each other. We were in the area for the Moonbow but unfortunately it was overcast and we missed seeing it. We enjoyed hiking in the area and had an excellent time at the KOA. The campground was well maintained and I tent trailer camped. My site was big and level.

Top of the hill

Blue Heron Campground in Big South Fork National Park. Daniel Boone National Park is one of my favorite places to explore. Blue Heron CG is on the road to the VERY COOL mining village and the mining operation at the bottom of the hill. Blue Heron CG is small which makes it that much better. The showerhouse is not new but the whole place is very well maintained. There is an overlook and trail access nearby or you can drive down to the Historic mining operation with tipple and boat ramp as well as trailheads. Stearns, Ky is nearby and the historic railway that traverses the same area to the bottom of the hill through the village. So much to do in this area!

Get your steps in

Bee Rock Campground Daniel Boone National Forest

Daniel Boone NF stretches from north to south in southeast Kentucky, Bee Rock CG is one of many unique campgrounds in the forest. Several of the campgrounds are small and not for campers so check the layouts. I’ve tent camped, trailer camped and camper camped. Bee Rock CG has steps of varying number up to the sites. SO you may want to organize before you head up so there aren’t fifty trips up and down, unless you want the exercise. Can be VERY quiet! And DARK ;) A fire ring and picnic table are present on the camping “platforms” Old Sublimitly Bridge is in the camping area and the river is accessible by trails. This is a good base camp for the area with limited campsites.

Highly recommend

We were here for a couple weeks during Covid. Nice sites, cafe that delivers, a pond and a lake, wooded lots. Very nice management! Will return. Works well for small rv like ours or big rigs. FHU. GS

Staff, water and campground was awesome

The campground was well kept, it has a beautiful lake that was very clean. We caught and ate several catfish. The roads were great for the kids to ride bike and they enforced the slow speed limit for cars which was awesome. The staff was very friendly and helped out kids out when they had a small bike wreck. The bathrooms were awesome and cleaner the. Other campgrounds we have been to. Overall we had a great time.