Camping in Solway

Solway, Kentucky

Recent Cabins Reviews Near Solway, Kentucky

208 Reviews of 20 Solway, Kentucky Campgrounds

Beautiful camping trip

I’ve stayed all over the mammoth cave area and this is a beautiful place to stay as well. I keep coming back because it’s so pretty!

Loved this camping area!

I love camping in this area! Mammoth caves is so beautiful every time I camp there I see deer running through my camping site. It’s so beautiful I will come back again and again!

Love this area!

Mammoth cave area is so beautiful - definitely take the tour through the caves and check out the history and the artists  that are selling things all over the area.

Jason N.The Dyrt PRO User

Ok

Campground was OK. 3 different loops with nicely spaced out shady sites. Really not much to do unless you're taking cave tours or hiking.

SiteB16
a
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2021

Very nice lots of trees and pond

Lots of trees and a nice fishing pond. The bathrooms were clean. Very affordable. We checked in late and left early so we didn’t get to see the little store. When I called to make a reservation the lady was very nice and helpful.

Sitenumber 35
Yondering R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2021

Kids LOVED it

Several pools to choose from, plus a beach and water obstacle course—our kids thought they’d found paradise! The bathhouses were clean, if not the newest we’ve seen. Close proximity to Mammoth Cave. Don’t miss the Amish bakery/cafe nearby!

Scott W.
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Golf Cart Silliness

5½ mph speed limit does not apply to golf carts. As a campground that rents them out, you would think they would restrict their equipment to follow their set speed limits

M
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Buzzard Roost Indiana

It has been a wonderful experience. My only complaint in the little black fly like bugs in the bathroom building (toilet pit). Other than that and the rain, it has been relaxing.

• our home for the weekend.
Site#3
C
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2021

No electric, do dishwashing at the water hydrant was a pain.

Hiking near the visitor center was good although we had trouble finding longer trails. We didn't book far enough in advance to do anything but the self guided cave tour. However the outlaw wild cave tour at nearby Jesse James stables was fantastic.

AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2021

Amazing View

Amazing View. Close to Mammoth Cave as well.

SiteA12
r
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

Great place if you are going to the park

My kids and I camp here when we plan to spend time at the park. It’s very convenient. Bathrooms are always clean too.

Jason J.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Short walk to visitor center

Decent facilities, well maintained. Sites are spacious with distance between. Short walk to visitor center/trailheads. Comes in handy if you need to queue up early for same-day cave tickets.

Site18B
Riley S.
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Summer Fun

This is a nice quiet campground. I have taken my daughters here a few times. Swimming and tubing in the lake or even taking the pontoon boat out for a gathering on the island.

The campground is very clean and the camp hosts are amazing. Facilities are nice, showers and bathrooms. Close to town…

SiteE070
Emily C.
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2021

Great spot to rest

The bathrooms were beautiful and air conditioned! They were very clean and smelled like a swimming pool. They were nice and cool after a hot sweaty day and tent camping.

Sitetent
Katrin M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 3, 2021

We camped here for 2 nights with our dogs. The campground has 4 loops. We were in the B loop. All the sites come with a stone bench and table and a fire pit with a cooking grate. The campsites provide a lot of shade, which is great in the summer month. They are not very private but spacious. Some…