Camping in Settle

192 Reviews of 19 Settle, Kentucky Campgrounds

Dan D.
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2021

Local favorite

Close to town and accessible. Great nature center, trails, and even a small cave for spelunking. Clean sites and friendly staff.

Sitearea 2 site 65
Nancy B.
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2021

Nice view by the lake

We chose to camp in a primitive site and ended up right on the lake. We are here during the week so it’s really nice and quiet!! Would definitely come back!

SiteC12
GThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Great State Park

Everyone including staff was pleasant and helpful. Sites are adequate, plenty of shade, dump station, trash bins and bath house was easily accessible. Enjoyed our stay, will visit again.

Beth H.
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Beautiful and peaceful!

One of our favorite campgrounds! The campground is huge! There are 6 loops to choose from. Be sure to make sure of site lengths and if there is electric (because not all have electric in every loop) our personal favorite is loop E. Sites are varying in condition and some aren’t very level, but…

SiteE17
Melody S.
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

Beautiful Spot

Beautiful spot close to the water. Secluded area that can be reached via GPS coordinates ONLY (we learned this after trying to check in at the Dale Hollow campground).

Things to know:

• there was no dumpster for trash

-hike in spot with vault toilet

• 45 minutes from Standing Stone State Park
Campfiresandcoffee94  .The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

Family Vacation

We stayed 5 days at this beautiful campsite, we were pleased to find the facilities clean with hot water, washer and dryer on site.

RV pads are well maintained. There's plenty of trees though some pads have only direct sun.

Found out once we got there that the connection for LTE is pretty…

• campsite
  • lake dog
  • swimming area
B
Reviewed Jun. 2, 2021

Dated but clean and quit

Stayed in camp site 40 Bath house dated but keep clean no sewer hook ups very helpful staff if you have larger campers stay in one of the two newer sections sights are larger and more level in all would stay again

P
Reviewed May. 31, 2021

Only if you like congestion.

Our site was so small I could barely fit my pop-up and compact pickup on it. Arrived after dark and fell down a 2-3 foot drop-off at the edge of asphalt. Picnic table was in the grass at about a 30 degree tilt. Fire pit was 30 feet away in the bottom of a wash.

H
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Love!

I stayed here with my family for a weekend and I loved the amenities for children! We weren’t on the lake but we had a really good view of it! Would stay here again!

H
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Amazing

We stayed in area 1 and honestly, I didn’t like how close the sites were but it grew on me. This is by far the best campground for my kids that we stayed at. I didn’t hear “I’m bored” ONCE. They stayed busy the entire weekend we were there. I recommend 100%!!

SiteArea 1 Site 9
D
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

Great campground

Great views of the lake from most sites. The only bad is that it’s hard to get reservations.

SiteA24
E
Reviewed May. 10, 2021

Absolutely Beautiful

We had a full hook up site in Area 3. The sites were very roomy in our area. The sites were very well maintained and so were the restrooms. It was a rainy weekend, but we were able to get a hike in and enjoy the beauty of this park.

• Enjoying a break from the rain.
Linda L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 25, 2021

Beautiful views right near Nashville

This site is perfect if fishing and boating! Many people come here to fish but unfortunately that is not my thing!

Stephen G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 22, 2021

Great Campground, Quiet, and Friendly

Spent Thanksgiving here as a way to just have a quiet relaxing time.

A lot of people pull in for the night since it's right off the highway and behind a Pilot/Flying J, but it was still quiet.

Got to chat at length with the owner and you can tell he cares about the property.

Will stay again when…

Month of VisitDecember
EThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 16, 2021

Awesome trip

Stopped here for 2 nights on a long trip from WV to AR. So glad we did! Nice camping, but the cave was so awesome to tour. Fascinating how they mined the salt-petre to manufacture gunpowder.

Month of VisitNovember