Camping in Mount Olive

219 Reviews of 45 Mount Olive, Kentucky Campgrounds

Barbara C.
Reviewed Sep. 17, 2021

Perfection

We thoroughly enjoyed our two night stay. The staff were so friendly and helpful. Very quiet and allowed us to enjoy nature. We loved pool as well!

VThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 14, 2021

Rustic Forest Campground

Our site was level, but it was hard to tell the sites if the campground staff hadn’t led us to our site. The area around our site was all gravel. Made it a little tricky to see what was a road and what was a site. The bathrooms were clean but a little rustic.

Lawrence The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2021

Great State Park!

Nice secluded place! Very well kept. Facilities are clean and love that they recycle. Sites ate well spaced apart. Pretty level. Each site has lots of room to entertain or just sit out and enjoy the wilderness. Water, electric, firepit and picnic tables at each site as well. Not too many large site…

• Our site 22 we stayed in. Very nice and quiet!
  • Great recycling program!
  • Check in Kiosk (small bldg in front) Bathhouse in back
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2021

Laurel County side with 9 sites is still open

The sites all sit on the side of the road opposite the river bank. Each site has a small parking area and a well done, leveled gravel path/stairs leading to the picnic and fire ring area as well as the level area for a tent. I was most surprised at how much traffic was on the road, especially…

• old sublimity foot bridge
Maze M.
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2021

Spacious, Peaceful Campgrounds

I am currently here and I gotta say I am impressed. The bathrooms are clean, I am not close to my neighboring campers, the parking spots are huge, and it's a great area to walk around.

• The Recreational Area
  • A view of the campsite
  • Deer
SiteSmith Ridge - Site 32
I
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2021

Litter Ruins Great Spot

We needed a spot for Labor Day weekend and discovered Barren Fork Horse Camp in Daniel Boone National Forest near Whitley, KY. There are lots of great hikes and natural bridges in the area to check out. We had no problem finding a site. The biggest negative is the amount of trash that was left in…

Reviewed Sep. 4, 2021

Sad campground for such a beautiful area

We stayed two nights in the Ridgeline Campground, site R22. This is a beautiful area, but there is nothing beautiful about the campground. Seemed run down and the spots are right next to each other. Make sure to watch the “max vehicle length” - we have a 21’ van and we barely fit into our site…

• Ridgeline Campground site R22
SiteR22
jenni P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 27, 2021

So close to everything

Tucked between Green River Lake and Lake Cumberland, the community of Columbia serves as a gateway to all of the great fishing and watersports in south-central Kentucky. Located just off the Cumberland Parkway, Columbia is a convenient stop and an ideal location for those seeking a peaceful…

• campgrounds
  • Play button icon
Sitecabin
E B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 24, 2021

Kentucky Mountains

Great campground for a one night stop. Friendly staff; went the extra mile. Lots of things for kids to do. Lovely area. Had to give 4 stars as the site was impossible to get RV level.

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 23, 2021

Perfect for our granddaughter

Stopped overnight on a trip north. Would have happily stayed a few days. The pool, miniature golf and bounce pad were a huge hit with our granddaughter. Sites aren’t large but everything is well maintained and the staff is very helpful.

Ben R.
Reviewed Aug. 21, 2021

Lake Cumberland

Close to State Dock and free transportation from the RV park to the dock. Wooded area and facilities were very good.

Ben R.
Reviewed Aug. 21, 2021

KOA RENFRO VALLEY

Excellent and well run facility. Staff was very friendly and eager to help. Many activities for all ages.

Reviewed Aug. 8, 2021

Camp

Love it clean nice people Has water some of the time no electricity sites are well kept has horseshoe pits no stores close by no cell phone service but it does have clean toilets fishing is good

Site3 by the river
N
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2021

Loved this area!

I love coming back to this area - there’s always so much to see! We got a cabin and cooked outside w/marinated chicken breast and charcoal that I brought w/us. Beautiful area!

N
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2021

Beautiful place

I love that there was a pool to cool off on a hot day at this campground. I love exploring the area, and hiking trails.