The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Fairfield , KENTUCKY

Most Recent Fairfield Camping Reviews
The KT earns its nickname 'little AT'

The KT is rugged and has lots of elevation gains over short distances. Everywhere you hike there are lovely vistas and lots of fossils on the trail snd creek beds. You're never too far from water, although the quality may differ depending on the time of year.

Watch out for ticks. My dogs and I got loads of them in April 2020 from Leota to Spurgeon Hollow. There are road crossings every 5 to 10 miles, so if you run out of something or need to bail you can. The KT asks that you respect leave no trace philosophy, and I felt most hikers did.

There is occasional trail magic but don't depend on it if thru hiking. I have not stayed in any campgrounds near the trail, so I can't review those, but the trailheads all have adequate parking and signage, and I found topo maps online for free.

Let someone know your itinerary, have a means for filtering water, and enjoy!

Weekend away

It was a good enough trip. Staff was friendly. The only spot available was in the equine section, we set up there. Those spots are too close together. There was a group next to us that was really loud and foul mouthed late into the evening. Lake can be enjoyed if you have a boat or rent one, not much shoreline accessibility.

First time camping

Stayed in D04. Had 30 amp plus 20 amp hookups. Picnic table. 15 pieces of firewood for 5 plus tax. Friends stayed in the chickadee cabin and d03. Neat cabins all wood with Portable AC.

A few hikes. Horse camping so was cool to see the horses. A beach location and a few fishing spots.

The lake doesn’t allow non electric motors so waters were calm. Caught some bluegills.

Public restrooms and showers.

Ice in the area cheapest at the truck stops and gas stations 2 10lbs for 5 bucks.

Would stop again if in the area.

Easy, Fun campsite

We go every fall with our entire family to enjoy the Halloween activities. The campers all go all out and let the kids trick or treat. There is even a group who does a haunted house and it is so fun! My only complaint is it's very close to Field of Screams, the haunted park and it gets noisy at night.

Nice Quiet Spot

Folks taking the reservation not have been nicer. Thank you Alice! We were the only tent campers!

This was our first trip

I don’t have any other experiences to compare this trip with so in my rookie opinion I thought it was a nice clean campground. The guys at the entrance were very nice and the bath house was clean.

A Great Place to Camp

Southern hospitality! Has horse camping with covered stalls. Great trails on Green River Lake State Park for hiking, biking & horses. Located close to boat ramps. You’ll be glad you chose Green River Stables!

Decent campground

Nice campground. Not very big though. The do have some pull through sites for equestrian trailers. Good horse trails. Clean facilities.

Fishing and kayaking

I’ve been in fishing tournaments and did well also good place to kayak

First time I ever kayaked

Perfect lake to kayak for a beginner bc no wake zone also the cabins are cool and cozy just bring a mattress the restrooms are definitely the cleanest and well taken care of anywhere I’ve ever been