Camping in Elmburg

245 Reviews of 31 Elmburg, Kentucky Campgrounds

b
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2021

Too close to the road

Decent little place but the road noise was annoying

Sitena
K
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2021

Nice sites

We stayed in the A loop first night. Sites are roomy and level. Perfect. Next we stayed in the B loop much smaller. Otherwise we’ll kept grounds. Would recommend

SiteB116
WThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 31, 2021

Bring level blocks!!

This used to be a great little place to go for a weekend getaway but not so much anymore. There are only one or two spots in the campground even close to level. The showers are clean and the whole camp is close to every store, distillery and restaurant you would want. Plan accordingly.

Ricky
Reviewed May. 24, 2021

Very nice

The park was very clean and well maintained the people in the office were very nice also

Site27 and 29
DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 20, 2021

Good overnight spot while traveling.

Super helpful friendly owners that quite frankly made our experience. They are also trying to improve the spot. This campground is mainly seasonal spots on the banks of the Ohio River. Close to the quaint town of Vevay, Indiana.

Barry C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 19, 2021

Charlestown State Park, IN

We live locally and travel nationally.   Who would have believed this great park would be only 30 miles away.  The grounds are very clean and well maintained, the sites are very wide and individual with the landscaping aiding the feeling of "private".  There, of course, are never enough full…

P
Reviewed May. 12, 2021

Nice spots with good spacing between

Taylorsville Lake State Park campground is the newest in the KY state park system, and has gravel sites that have good spacing between sites. They are almost all very level which makes for easy set up. There are nice playgrounds for the kids and the roads are in excellent condition. Electrical…

Amanda S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 11, 2021

Cute but small

We decided to go down for a weekend to see how we'd like it. It's situated high up on the Kentucky river bank which is nice but there's little access to the riverbank except from the floating dock and boat ramp. When we arrived there was left overs from the previous flood which made it very muddy.…

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 9, 2021

Pictures, is not what you get

Think twice about a river lot, they are 50’ up from the river. Like a lot of CG in the north, they save the the good spots for the regular’s. WiFi works well if you catch it early. 3-4am. No cell (T-Mobile or ATT)

Brandon E.
Reviewed May. 8, 2021

Courteous staff, not best site itself

Staff was very courteous. I was given very clear directions to the site and couldn't miss it. The lake is beautiful. Dog and I took a little canoe ride. My only issue was that the primitive tent sites were so close to the camper sites which likely couldn't be helped.

S
Reviewed May. 7, 2021

Favorite city campground

We visit this campground several times a year. A great view of the river. It's quiet and very clean. An easy walk into downtown.

Rachel O.
Reviewed May. 6, 2021

Late February Beautiful Rainy 1 Night Tent Camping Trip

Stopped here on a COVID solo camping road trip from MN to TN. I chose to stop and stay at Clifty Falls State Park due to the beautiful waterfalls and also proximity to my journey south. It was still the winter season at this time, so I had to camp in the drive-in non-electric loop. As I was only…

• Flood Warning at site 166
  • Site 166 Non-Electric Loop - WILL FLOOD in rain
  • Clifty Falls after some serious rain
Month of VisitMarch
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 6, 2021

Helpful Hosts

Within an hour of buying my 1966 Airstream (only 17’ but I needed a pull through!) I chose this beautiful campground because of the people! Starting with the needed reassurance on the phone, then setting me up and checking in to make sure I was doing ok. As a newbie, I was so glad to have the staff…

R
Reviewed May. 3, 2021

Amazing campground!

Stayed at lot 115 (non-electric), from April 28-May 2. It rained SO much the first night and the next day, and the fire pit retained a lot of water, so be prepared for that if you get rain. Bathrooms were actually very nice and clean! Showers lukewarm but that’s to be expected. Easy walking…

• 114 and 115 have two trees between them that work great for hammocks! Added bonus, the rain fly worked as a divider between sites
Lisa S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 2, 2021

Camp in comfort no matter your style

This campground has much to offer. Tent/RV spaces galore, horse sites, and primitive. Two playgrounds, heated and clean bathrooms. Access to lots of trails and activities. I will say that the two primitive sites closest to the bath house are a bit wonky but totally useable but not for large tents.

SiteP002