Camping in Shell Point Village

79 Reviews of 13 Shell Point Village, Florida Campgrounds

Jeff R.
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2021

Always open

With a newly purchased Catalina and a few days before memorial weekend we found this very nice Campground. Nice folks and staff.

Michael L.
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

maiden voyage

friendly staff on site. very nice sites on river inlet with perfectly placed utilities. bet clean restrooms and showers within a brief walk from every site. didn’t use pool but looked very clean and well maintained. look forward to visiting again when county wide recreational burn ban is lifted. a…

• nice tree cover
  • steps from trailer
  • lol gator
Joshua B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2021

First trip

This is the first trip out in the new camper. It’s a small drive from where I live. The campsite is clean and lots of trees and a beautiful river to explore. You can launch you kayak or canoe right from your spot.

Tucker B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 28, 2021

Huge Open Field With Miles of Trails

Just hit this equestrian campground for a single night and I had the place to myself.

There was a single cameraman from a local news affiliate shooting video of deer in the field at sunset.

And a group of ladies on horseback went for a sunset trail ride, but after dark it was all mine.

Super…

Tucker B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 28, 2021

Huge Open Field With Miles of Trails

Super…

Reviewed May. 27, 2021

Great place to camp

We enjoyed our stay out there at river junction campground. We enjoyed the water and the trails in the area. The day time nature is great. Then at night we got to hear different creatures of the night.

Reviewed May. 27, 2021

Great place to camp

Lorenzo E.
Reviewed May. 24, 2021

Peace time at Peace River

Canoe Outpost Peace River has different length of trips you can do. My wife and I have done the 12 mile twice. It was relaxing and the service they have to take your gear to campsite is just amazing. Highly recommend!

SiteHighpoint campsite.
John O.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

River junction is great!!

We had a blast there stayed at campsite 14 it has its own private pool right in front of it with cold spring water it was an awesome experience for me and my wife and we will be going back again

Sitecamp site 14 and 13 is pretty good also they both have access right in front of you're tent for swimming
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

Nice scenery

We went here after our Hog Island stay this place is pretty nice. The camp site we have has a pretty view and it's a good sized site. Some areas at this campground are smaller and in the sun so try to find a spot that fits what you are looking for. Unless you are a RV then nvm haha.

Reviewed May. 17, 2021

Nice scenery

cThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 9, 2021

It’s ok

Clean and office friendly and helpful. Seasonal campers are standoffish. Not welcoming and friendly.

Siteback side
Month of VisitFebruary
LThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 26, 2021

Small, unlevel sites

We normally love camping in state parks but this is one that we will not be back to. Our site was extremely unlevel and a mixture of sand, big gravel and tree roots. We were barely able to navigate around the pine tree that was in the site. Bath houses were OK. The historic area of the park was…

Month of VisitApril
VThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 26, 2021

Great place for our first trip

We went here for our very first trip with our new to us travel trailer. The ability to pull through a site was awesome. The site itself had good shade and it was level. We enjoyed the large pool, and the other guests we met were very friendly. The bath house was very clean.

Month of VisitOctober
PThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 11, 2021

Fossils, Tilapia, Alligators and the Peace River

This park seems to flood and have limited sewer sites but is a great place to find Shark teeth and other fossils. I once had to abandon my Tilapia as the alligator appeared to want it more than me!

Close attractions include the Solomon Castle, well worth visiting.

• Kayaking to my site at the river's bend.
  • Relaxing at the river's bend, my site.
  • Pioneer Park