Ocala National Forest, FLORIDA

Camping Florida Ocala National Forest
Most Recent Ocala National Forest Camping Reviews
Well Kept and Friendly Staff

Definitely one of the more popular destinations in the area because of the buffalo and wild horses, so this park camping and RV parking gets a lot of attention from rangers. The facilities are very clean and staff are courteous, grounds are well-kept and events (like baby alligator educational sessions) are above-par.

Not their fault (the state sets pricing) but primitive campsites are the same price as reserved ones with hookups, $18.

There is plenty of hiking in the park, but it’s also close to other inexpensive trails around Gainesville.

Awesome small town feel

Great little campground, not big and commercial like so many. Owners are wonderful and make you feel welcome. Can launch canoes and kayaks there or use the shuttle and get dropped off upriver and float back on day and multiday trips.

Don’t follow GPS! And def NO wifi

We ended up deep in the ocala national forest. Make sure you look at a map before you go. Once you reach the forest you will lose all reception on phones. Campground states free WiFi but plan to be without. No WiFi worked while we were there. Neat trails and plan to return for summer and warmer weather and will bring atvs. Pet friendly. Seen a black bear roaming at night. John the firewood guy brought wood around for $10 in evening. Nice bathhouse if you need it.

Reserve America map is wrong

Ok but stacked on top of each other. Lots of rough dirt roads to get there. Quiet though.

Very quiet & clean

Great dry camping away from busy metro.

Expensive Florida camping

As a Full time Volunteer and NAP holder, it seems a bit much for non electric sites in a National setting. Yet the beauty of the spring is magnificent.

The prettiest in Florida

Absolutely beautiful. Large sites.

Very nice affordable campground

Very close to the University of Florida. Nice campground recently renovated.

Trails!

Nice campground. Not very shady at all. If you love to use awesome bike trails, this is the place! Extremely noisy with trains running through all night, of course, blowing their whistles!

Peaceful

Nice campground. Clean and well maintained. Very shady site, but tons of mosquitoes. We went in late October. Nice preserve to walk or bike to. Observation tower. Saw wild horses in the prairie. Visitor’s Center very helpful with information.

For the floater

Nice, big sites, many full hookup, stays booked year round and can be difficult to reserve. Not for you if you are looking for peace and quiet

SHORTENED STAY

My wife and I needed to be in the Orlando area but didn’t want to be near the Mouse House. We booked Clearbrook Golf and RV Resort using Passport America. On check in we were given a back in site (fine) only to find the the hook up we’re on the WRONG side ! We pulled in front first so hook up could be achieved. Minor problem but folks at check in should have known ! Campground is getting old and worn looking. The golf course looks nice and adds to making park look better !

Calm and Quiet

Perfect for who are looking for a not crowded campground. Manager and Host so gently and friendly. Absolutely I’ll back!

Reserve America map is wrong

My favorite !!!!

Super clean, stuffs are friendly, very nice view front beach!!! Our dogs love love the place! Definitely come back again!!!

Mantee's Galore

Blue Spring State Park in Orange City, FL.  Visited mid-Sept 2019 middle of the week.  Although the campground was mostly booked we found space, with no crowds at the spring or the river.  Rent a tub and float down, with no crowds it's a 4 min walk up and a 15 min float down. The manatee's are on the move with their calfs.  The love bugs are brutal this time of year, but the campground is separated enough from the river area to feel safe from gators with your dogs.  Great short trail from campground to main area which included shop, food, tables and of course wood walkways by the river.   Walkways wide enough for wheelchairs.  Dogs allowed all over park except the wood trail up to the spring head.  New bathrooms, 2 bars on the cell service and I did see laundry available.

Awesome Property!👍

We had a really nice extended stay here. The lots are very spacious and well kept. There are a lot of activities to keep you and your family occupied here. The on-site restaurant (Eagles Nest Cafe) has very good food and well priced. The amenities and facilities are very clean and the lake view is awesome. Will definitely be back soon.

Paddle to sites

They have 3 paddle to sites on rock springs run and 1 on the wekiva river. All are pretty cool , big buck is the only one not directly on the water. All have bear box, fire pit and a bench or two. All but otter has hammock posts. Best is to launch upstream at kings landing and paddle down stream to them. When you take out keep going downstream to their pick up point and then you never paddle against current with gear. Also sucks to paddle up to them from the park because you have to pack out your own firewood since you can't burm ground fall. Very primitive and secluded.

Hate to see it when they are busy.

Nice area and staff. Site 142 is big and slightly more separated than the rest of the tent sites. Also closest to the kayak launch. The other sites holy crap no privacy or separation between most of them. Wouldn't want to camp here when they are busy.

Apopka's Little Gem

Clean well kept camping and picnicking. Basketball court is included along with volleyball court. 14 day max stay , no sewer hook up. Dump station yes.

Apopka's Little Gem

Beautiful...

I camp here quite often. My go-to camp site for weekends. Great camp sites for both RV and Tent but I’m a tent camper. Lots of room on the site, nice clean facilities, nice fire rings. Lots of hiking trails, kayaking at the springs and the best swim area…. I highly recommend.

Great RV Location in NE FL

This was a very nice campground. No WiFi but the restrooms were clean, they have a bar if needed. Nice flat spots for my pop up. Bathrooms very clean. Will definitely return.

Beauty at its Finest

Beautiful place for floating down the spring. Enjoy drifting over river pebbles at the clear bottom of the spring. Tubes can be rented right outside of park. Often busy and loud but the spring serenity makes it worth it.

Ranger Review: Morsel Spork at Blue Springs State Park FL

Campground Review

Blue Springs State Park is known for it’s manatee sightings and this park did not disappoint! The park itself provides many opportunities for outdoor activities. There is a 4.5-mile hiking trail, biking trail, as well as water activities. There are two different parking lots, but both provide opportunities to reach the water and picnicking spots. Kayak and canoe rentals are available in the parking lot with the launch, while the main swimming area has a store and grill.

We spent much of our time kayaking from the park’s canoe launch. Here, we were able to see tons of wildlife from all sorts of fish, alligators, and yes, a manatee! There is swimming in the park as soon as it opens, but you can only access the spring head and get into the clearer water before 11:00am and after 5pm. It is well worth it to go early as the park fills up fast and does get a bit noisy - we prefer the quiet nature sounds.  The manatee was there in the morning.  There is also a public boat launch just outside of the park.

We stayed in site 1 which was shaded and well spread out from the site next to use with plenty of vegetation in between. The camp host is very quick to respond and was very keen on his duty. The restrooms were newer looking and clean. However, there are only two stalls in the women’s restroom, so I did have to wait to get a shower in when I went. The only drawback I found from the campsite/campground area was the noise. There are train tracks near the state park, so hearing trains throughout the night(especially at 3am) was not what I’m looking for when I get out into nature. So bring ear plugs!

Overall, the grounds were well kept, the staff takes their job seriously(in a good way), and there are many activities to do. The outdoor activities and many opportunities to see wildlife really impressed us with this park. We will definitely be back!

Product Review

As a Ranger for the Dyrt, I get to test products at this campground I tested the Morsel Spork and Morsel Spork XL.

This spork is the utensil of my dreams and completes my dinner set up. I love the size of the smaller spork for my bowl, but I also love the XL version for my camping meals in the bag as it is long enough to fit in there perfectly. What I like the most: it can scrape like a spatula(and get all the good last bits in the bowl!), the way it feels in my hand compared to my previous spork, the ridges on the fork which can be used for cutting, it can be placed in boiling water(so it’s safe for my Jetboil), and is dishwasher safe(so I can sanitize and sterilize later).

The only drawback was that the fork end would poke me in the hand at first, but once I got used to how to hold the handle it was completely fine.

Location Location Location

Anastasia Island State Park is nestled between the mighty Atlantic and quaint historic St. Augustine, Florida. This state park is teeming with wildlife and has a boatload (get it??) of amenities. From kayak rentals to live music, you don’t want to miss this lovely state park. The campground loops and spacious and quiet. There are many that are all within walking distance of the ocean. Try hiking to the Amphitheater or check out the old coquina quarry.

Headspring Magic!

Lovely place to camp, bike, and swim! Easy access from tent sites down to the springs. Many manatees can be seen while exploring the springs. Check out the Head spring and cave entrance at the northern end of the swimming area—nothing short of magical.

Unavailable to check out

The website is not available.  I do not go camping anywhere that I cant check out  before we go.

So much to do!

Wekiwa was an amazing place to camp and spend our weekend. The park offers hiking, biking, day swimming, a food grill, a canoe/kayak launch and rental, plus tons of wildlife! The campground was quiet and the restrooms fairly clean. However, a weekday is best to visit the spring and river. On the weekend there were tons of people in the park. We had a wonderful 3 days here.