Ocala National Forest, FLORIDA

Camping Florida Ocala National Forest

Most Recent Ocala National Forest Camping Reviews
Got lucky with a riverside spot last minute!

Pet-friendly, two campground areas - one beachside and one riverside.

Will post pics and more updates when the trip is wrapped up!

I'm a local

I live VERY close to here, so I've never actually utilized any of their camping facilities. But have done all sorts of day-trailing, canoeing/kayaking, and other activities. If you wanna do basic outdoorsy stuff, this is a cool spot. And don't forget to check out Without A Paddle when you're in the area.

Tighten up

Driving into the resort I thought I was at a horse ranch in Ocala. Rolling acres of green grass and the biggest oak trees I've ever seen. All this room but if you get a standard lot you better bring a can opener. No angle so it's a 90deg. backup. I settled in with my slide straddling the lot line and had to pull my awning back a couple inches on the other side to keep it off my neighbour. Sitting outside I felt like I was in an alley. Strange. Scenic area lots of sights to see.

Party Park

Unfortunately, we had a LOT of rowdy neighbors who paid little if any attention to the park rules. Quiet time is supposed to start at 11 but, frankly, I don't think rowdy time ever ended. All. Night. Long. on Friday night and spilling over into Saturday morning, Noon and night. I don't think they ever slept.

Had this been our first visit to a Florida State Park, we might not have gone on to explore a dozen other of the Florida State Parks in the area that accommodate RV's. That would have been a shame because we have enjoyed other Florida parks in the area.

If this review concerns you, try close-by Lake Louisa State Park or Lake Griffin State Park: an entirely different scene with campers who actually camp as opposed to a mob of people just looking for a place to be drunk.

About a week after we stay at a Florida park, we get a survey which asks a number of questions. One of them is "Did you feel safe?". The answer here is a resounding"NO!". I arrived right at 3PM and was set up by 4PM, before most of the drinkers arrived to spoil the scene. By 9PM I had basically pulled everything back in the RV for fear of it being stolen or shot at then stayed inside for the rest of the weekend.

There was zero social distancing, one of the best parts (up until this visit) of camping in the first place. Sites here seemed a bit closer together than other parks but that might have been just my reaction to the scene and those spoiling it for others.

I had two other bookings in the future for this park which I have canceled. There are just too many great parks in the Florida system. This is not one of them.

Decent camping sites...

Camp sites have fire ring and place specifically for a tent but they are not very clean. There are bathrooms but they are locked after dark. We were given a gate code but could not find the way to unlock any of the gates (more my fault than anything but it was dark and my daughter has to use the bathroom).

Perfect Getaway

Anastasia State Park is the perfect location to hit the beach during covid times! There are NO crowds. Site 92 was beautiful, just tight. Every single one of the sites were beautiful. We did appreciate being by the path to the bathroom facilities. Even though we were the closest site, it was still a decent walk. Also, we really appreciated the large outdoor sink and counter space at the facilities. We had surprise water problems with our camper, so that was our dish washing location. The drive-on beaches are an excellent way to mark your territory and keep your distance from others. Especially further down the 4 wheel drive only beaches! We had so much space! I only have one con from Anastasia State Park, but it's a big enough con that I had to take away a star. The ants were awful. They were everywhere. Its been 2 months since our stay, and we are still trying to rid the ants from all our camping equipment. We will definitely be back, but I really need them to get these ants under control. Enjoy your stay!!

Need camp site

Good

Truly Enjoyable and Perfect Mini Getaway

Absolutely worth every moment and penny! Family owned and ran by one of the granddaughters Bryn who is awesome and so hospitable! John and jack gave me so much knowledge and were just beacons of light to make everything easygoing and enjoyable. The cabin was quaint and complete with all necessities. Pontoon easy to drive and navigate and the blue springs were gorgeous!!!! Remember to bring 2$ a pers. and goggles for the springs 😁 You’re guaranteed to have a great time and meet some genuine and awesome people ✌️

Simply Beautiful!!

Just a very well run pet friendly campground, no real amenities other than a very friendly staff and an incredible beach you are parked on. Make sure to bring your bike as town is just a few miles up and there is plenty of bike lanes and paths. Sea turtle nests everywhere which was very cool too. We also saw a rocket launch from our site, that was epic!! I highly recommend spending the little extra to be on the beachside although the non beach side looked very nice as well

Beautiful beach 🏝

The best beach in Florida , wide, pink sand , felt like my private beach. Great small restaurant at the beach with WiFi. No lifeguard on open waters! Camping sites have water and electricity. It is must park to visit 😍😎