Ocala National Forest, FLORIDA

Camping Florida Ocala National Forest
Most Recent Ocala National Forest Camping Reviews
Reserve America map is wrong

Ok but stacked on top of each other. Lots of rough dirt roads to get there. Quiet though.

My favorite !!!!

Super clean, stuffs are friendly, very nice view front beach!!! Our dogs love love the place! Definitely come back again!!!

Mantee's Galore

Blue Spring State Park in Orange City, FL.  Visited mid-Sept 2019 middle of the week.  Although the campground was mostly booked we found space, with no crowds at the spring or the river.  Rent a tub and float down, with no crowds it's a 4 min walk up and a 15 min float down. The manatee's are on the move with their calfs.  The love bugs are brutal this time of year, but the campground is separated enough from the river area to feel safe from gators with your dogs.  Great short trail from campground to main area which included shop, food, tables and of course wood walkways by the river.   Walkways wide enough for wheelchairs.  Dogs allowed all over park except the wood trail up to the spring head.  New bathrooms, 2 bars on the cell service and I did see laundry available.

Awesome Property!👍

We had a really nice extended stay here. The lots are very spacious and well kept. There are a lot of activities to keep you and your family occupied here. The on-site restaurant (Eagles Nest Cafe) has very good food and well priced. The amenities and facilities are very clean and the lake view is awesome. Will definitely be back soon.

Paddle to sites

They have 3 paddle to sites on rock springs run and 1 on the wekiva river. All are pretty cool , big buck is the only one not directly on the water. All have bear box, fire pit and a bench or two. All but otter has hammock posts. Best is to launch upstream at kings landing and paddle down stream to them. When you take out keep going downstream to their pick up point and then you never paddle against current with gear. Also sucks to paddle up to them from the park because you have to pack out your own firewood since you can't burm ground fall. Very primitive and secluded.

Hate to see it when they are busy.

Nice area and staff. Site 142 is big and slightly more separated than the rest of the tent sites. Also closest to the kayak launch. The other sites holy crap no privacy or separation between most of them. Wouldn't want to camp here when they are busy.

Apopka's Little Gem

Clean well kept camping and picnicking. Basketball court is included along with volleyball court. 14 day max stay , no sewer hook up. Dump station yes.

Apopka's Little Gem

Beautiful...

I camp here quite often. My go-to camp site for weekends. Great camp sites for both RV and Tent but I’m a tent camper. Lots of room on the site, nice clean facilities, nice fire rings. Lots of hiking trails, kayaking at the springs and the best swim area…. I highly recommend.

Great RV Location in NE FL

This was a very nice campground. No WiFi but the restrooms were clean, they have a bar if needed. Nice flat spots for my pop up. Bathrooms very clean. Will definitely return.

Beauty at its Finest

Beautiful place for floating down the spring. Enjoy drifting over river pebbles at the clear bottom of the spring. Tubes can be rented right outside of park. Often busy and loud but the spring serenity makes it worth it.

Ranger Review: Morsel Spork at Blue Springs State Park FL

Campground Review

Blue Springs State Park is known for it’s manatee sightings and this park did not disappoint! The park itself provides many opportunities for outdoor activities. There is a 4.5-mile hiking trail, biking trail, as well as water activities. There are two different parking lots, but both provide opportunities to reach the water and picnicking spots. Kayak and canoe rentals are available in the parking lot with the launch, while the main swimming area has a store and grill.

We spent much of our time kayaking from the park’s canoe launch. Here, we were able to see tons of wildlife from all sorts of fish, alligators, and yes, a manatee! There is swimming in the park as soon as it opens, but you can only access the spring head and get into the clearer water before 11:00am and after 5pm. It is well worth it to go early as the park fills up fast and does get a bit noisy - we prefer the quiet nature sounds.  The manatee was there in the morning.  There is also a public boat launch just outside of the park.

We stayed in site 1 which was shaded and well spread out from the site next to use with plenty of vegetation in between. The camp host is very quick to respond and was very keen on his duty. The restrooms were newer looking and clean. However, there are only two stalls in the women’s restroom, so I did have to wait to get a shower in when I went. The only drawback I found from the campsite/campground area was the noise. There are train tracks near the state park, so hearing trains throughout the night(especially at 3am) was not what I’m looking for when I get out into nature. So bring ear plugs!

Overall, the grounds were well kept, the staff takes their job seriously(in a good way), and there are many activities to do. The outdoor activities and many opportunities to see wildlife really impressed us with this park. We will definitely be back!

Product Review

As a Ranger for the Dyrt, I get to test products at this campground I tested the Morsel Spork and Morsel Spork XL.

This spork is the utensil of my dreams and completes my dinner set up. I love the size of the smaller spork for my bowl, but I also love the XL version for my camping meals in the bag as it is long enough to fit in there perfectly. What I like the most: it can scrape like a spatula(and get all the good last bits in the bowl!), the way it feels in my hand compared to my previous spork, the ridges on the fork which can be used for cutting, it can be placed in boiling water(so it’s safe for my Jetboil), and is dishwasher safe(so I can sanitize and sterilize later).

The only drawback was that the fork end would poke me in the hand at first, but once I got used to how to hold the handle it was completely fine.

Location Location Location

Anastasia Island State Park is nestled between the mighty Atlantic and quaint historic St. Augustine, Florida. This state park is teeming with wildlife and has a boatload (get it??) of amenities. From kayak rentals to live music, you don’t want to miss this lovely state park. The campground loops and spacious and quiet. There are many that are all within walking distance of the ocean. Try hiking to the Amphitheater or check out the old coquina quarry.

Headspring Magic!

Lovely place to camp, bike, and swim! Easy access from tent sites down to the springs. Many manatees can be seen while exploring the springs. Check out the Head spring and cave entrance at the northern end of the swimming area—nothing short of magical.

Unavailable to check out

The website is not available.  I do not go camping anywhere that I cant check out  before we go.

So much to do!

Wekiwa was an amazing place to camp and spend our weekend. The park offers hiking, biking, day swimming, a food grill, a canoe/kayak launch and rental, plus tons of wildlife! The campground was quiet and the restrooms fairly clean. However, a weekday is best to visit the spring and river. On the weekend there were tons of people in the park. We had a wonderful 3 days here.

Great Experience

The spring was an amazing experience. The campground was maintained but the bathroom needed to be attended to. Overall, great experience!

Mostly permanent residents

I personally do not like camping in slots like a deck of cards. Most of this place is permanent residents. They have a nice private beach and a small game room. We had a camper next to us who.was living there for a month and was nasty because he had his antenna on our site

Take a walk with nature

I had an amazing time here.  It is back to nature with water and electric hookups. The spring itself is beautiful and great swimming as long as you can stand the 72 degree water. We had a mama raccoon and her 3 babies stop by our campsite and our neighbor spotted a black bear…..not too close.

Back to Nature

What I loved was the seclusion and privacy of each campsite. What I didnt like was the beach was too far to walk and we didnt have a bicycle

Best place around for scuba and snorkeling

Beautiful campground with nice bathrooms. They have scuba lessons in pool if you have never dived. They also rent the equipment for both scuba and snorkeling.  They have a covered picnic area

Tubing down Rainbow springs

We had full hookup and a beautiful site. It's a short walk to the springs for tubing. You can bring your own or rent a tube. They have a shuttle to bring you back. Bathrooms were clean. Campground was beautiful

Generally quiet primitive camping with water access

Pprimitive, no reservations, gets some traffic visiting historic site.

Unbelievable Great

Beverly beach is very clean,  concrete patios, all site have sewer hookup, 50 amp service and new picnic tables.  The store is well furnished and reasonably priced and the staff is friendly.   Ocean side camp sites are next to the sea wall.  You are basically camping on the beach.

Words

It was ok …

Great for swimming,hiking and canoeing

Beautiful Florida wildlife,birds especially in winter.Can be viewed by canoeing or hiking.Great food at the island.

Only thing on weekend the later you go the lonnger wait to get in park.

No tents allowed

The Dyrt site said there were tent sites, there are not

Very nice RV resort!

Very well kept and quiet 55+ resort! They have a free night promotion going in now so we spent two nights here. Beautiful clubhouse, huge fire pit area, nice library and game room. They have ice cream at the caboose every Friday/Saturday. Will have to come back when it’s cooler out to enjoy the community fire pit. Residents are very friendly as is the staff!

Great Central Location and Friendly Staff

Centrally located between Eustis, Tavares, Umatilla, and Leesburg you will find this lovely RV resort on Lake Harris in Central Florida. Their busy season starts in Oct and goes through April with many guests staying throughout the months. Off season it is very easy to get a spot.

They are in the middle of a large number of renovations. All sites will have concrete pads by late 2019, New clubhouse is scheduled to break ground any day now.

They have 7 hotel units they advertise as vintage - yet they will take you back in time to when the park first opened in the 50's. There are about 5 lodges and over 300 RV sites. Best sites seem to be up on the hill and they boast a beautiful view of Lake Harris and the 9 hole golf course. They are spacious but not very private and there are no picnic tables at sites.

At the lower portion of the resort you will find the marina, 160 high and dry racks, about 60 wet slips, current clubhouse, bathrooms, brand new laundry facility and a very small store. They have golf clubs to load if you want to check out their course, there is a nice pool, gym, and showers. The hot tub was out of commission when we were there and we were told it may be down permanently. Grounds and facilities were very clean and you can tell that fresh painting had recently been done.

With all the small town Florida vibe in the area it is not hard to find the perfect place for dinner, shopping, exploring or just taking a boat out for some fishing. Staff is very knowledgeable of the area and can refer you to many resources. In busy season they have themed pot luck dinners, live music and other activities to keep everyone entertained.

With some of the best prices in the area you really can't go wrong with a stay here - unless you are looking for luxury amenities. This home town park will make you feel like you just came home - that is what I liked about it the most.

While you are here check out some of the local trails and parks!

Hickory Point Park 27341 State Road 19 just around the corner

Flat Island Preserve 2388 Owens Rd, Leesburg

For more fun visit Trout Lake Nature Center, Crystal River Kayak Company, and the Goblin Market (fantastic crab bisque)