Yurts
About HILLSBOROUGH RIVER State Park
Drive In, Walk In, Hike In, Boat In
HILLSBOROUGH RIVER State Park is located in Florida
21 Reviews of HILLSBOROUGH RIVER State Park
My Family and myself love Hillsborough!!!

Ive been going to Hillsborough for years. It's a great place to go and relax by the pool or take a walk along the river. It's absolutely beautiful and I'm going to continue to return for many more years.

Great place to bring the family!

Peaceful, clean, natural environment

Since I was a kid

I’ve been camping here since I was a kid. And now that I’m nearly 40 I’ve even brought my kids here camping. One of my most favorite sites ever but that’s also because I’ve been coming for so long.

fun spot close to tampa

always have fun when i stay here. from weekend getaways to Halloween trip. i normally try and stay close to the new bathroom due to having young kids and it is bigger and easier to wash the kids. the biggest downside is they charge 4.00 for the pool per person.

WILDLIFE BINOCULARS

This park is amazing. If you get up and about early you will see families of deer and hawks galore. There are several trails along the river which makes the day fun for the pups. Along one of the trails is a suspended bridge and I am still in awe of its beauty. The campgrounds themselves are well taken care of and the park rangers are very friendly.

Nice little wooded campground

We arrived late and left early here, but our overnight was pleasant. Large sites, plenty of room for big rigs. Lots of little hiking trails and a pool. Very prompt with checkout here - someone came by a half an hour before we left to be sure we would be leaving. Overall, a pleasant spot that I'd be happy to return to.

wilderness rapids

booked it specifically because it has a pool at the state park however upon arriving found out pool will be closed for undetermined amount of time. camped in tent and was given a site with HEAVY flooding…

just a weekend getaway

lots of different sites to choose from and love to just walk the park

best state park

I love this park, this section of the Hillsborough River has some of the only class 2 rapids in Florida! This park has every amenity you can imagine for camping from a giant swimming pool, kayak/canoe rental, bike rentals, fishing, hiking, so much to do. Its honestly a kind of hidden gem so close to Tampa!

Beautiful but not perfect

A beautiful park that is a real taste of old Florida , with a campground that is completely shaded by oak trees. At night the green fireflies put on an amazing light show in the canopy. Unfortunately , the fireflies aren't the only bugs . The mosquitoes were ridiculous in June . We practically had to anchor our toddler to the picnic table so he wasn't carried away by them. You can rent Surrey's and golf carts to cruise the park which is a nice plus , although they are overpriced. Nature Trails are amazing.

Also , don't come expecting the pool to be open , just consider it a lucky bonus if it happens to be. They look for any reason possible to close it , and it seems to be closed almost all the time.