Pomme De Terre Lake, FLORIDA

Camping Florida Pomme De Terre Lake
Most Recent Pomme De Terre Lake Camping Reviews
Beautiful park

Great site for a day trip or a weekend. Lots of trails for hiking and mountain biking. Conveniently located but feels like miles away from civilization. Stretches from the ocean to outer areas.

County Park Campground you will want to visit

This Palm Beach County campground and park offers you a lot of things to do. Miles of biking paths, fishing and paddling on Lake Osborne, some hiking trails, fitness pavilion and walking trail… all this with short and long term rv/tent camping spots ONLY 5 miles from the beach. The campground is well maintained, with paved sites for any size vehicle. Short term camping spots have the best views and most are situated on the lake. It is an older campground so the bathrooms are not state of the art but they are clean and functional. This location is also close to 1-95. Our video gives you more info and you can always go to our website to connect with our Facebook/instagram and YouTube platforms. www.travylcouple.com

Great place!

This place is amazing! So much to do! Friendly helpful staff! Kids, dogs, hubby & myself all are having an amazing time and will be returning next year.

4th time staying

Find this a great convenient place for relaxing few days off. The park is always kept clean. I noticed on this trip several picnic tables have been replaced which happened to be my one complaint in the past. Playground area was being update with all new equipment. I stay at site 2 this time. Even number sites tend to be the best as power sewer and electric would be on left side. Odd number sites you are going to need extra length power cords, hose and sewer connection. With a class A little easier as you just pull in rather then back in. You may then need to move table etc…. Has excellent laundry facilities. The bath house at times could use more cleaning, however this is caused more by the user clogging up toilets or leaving soap, shampoo bottles, razors around and not wiping sink counters down when down. Rates are within line at 25.00 night. No senior rates…. Wifi is free but the signal is week if at all. Hopefully improving this would be next. Canoes are available to rent. The park is locked up at night with a gate code for campers to come and go after hours.

Lots to do

There is a lot to do there and the family pool had crystal clear water. Place is very clean and staff were not only friendly but really helpful, with the exception of one older lady at the front desk who was pretty nasty about me not knowing the correct check in procedure even though I had never been there before. Other then her it was a really great place to spend a relaxing weekend.

Long term

Long term camping at its best. Beautiful site. Lake view. Easy access to launch kayak. Well laid out, grass sites with concrete pads. Staff is excellent. Spent 6 months here with NO problems.

Great tent camping and activities

Have stayed here twice, about 70 miles from my home. Always tented in riverland as sites close to ranger entrance are rv only. One warning if you reserve through toll free service there is a $6 charge and they put me in a terrible spot. Ranger claimed only a few others available, but it was July and almost empty. Finally got a good tent site, grass and adequate privacy. Restrooms super clean, quiet all day and night. Forgot my fan and almost eaten alive saved by Off. People in boat shop - store super friendly. Ice, wood, etc available. Took a 3 hour canoe trip , $25 well spent. Next day rented a bike. Good hiking trails too.

Two night stay

Awesome campground. Very spacious sites. Your doors and slides don’t open on to somebody else’s site. Very clean and well kept.

Great campground !

A short walk across the road leads you to the Causeway beach. Large campsites, you aren’t on top of your neighbors camper at all!!!

So much to do

Awesome park with so much to do. There’s bike trails and hiking trails. You can spend an entire day on the river kayaking, paddle boarding and boating. They have boats and kayaks for rent. There’s 2 camp grounds and we stayed at the river loop. There’s water, 30amp and 2 120 plugs on the pedestal. Only dump station. Bathrooms are very clean. Ocean is a short 6 mile drive.

Beautiful place

Though quite urban, this is one of my favorite stops in touring Florida on the Atlantic side. The resort is beautiful, sites are paved and level. There is a pool, hot tub, laundry, tennis, bocce, playgrounds, and it’s walking distance to the pier, the beach, a large grocery store and drug store, restaurants and more. There are many park models here and the park residents are friendly and welcoming.

Excellent Stay

Great facility, big spaces, free WiFi, pool. Clean, friendly staff.

Excellent park very clean

2nd time here, secure area, friendly staff.. My only negative is the condition of the picnic tables. Offer wifi for free along wth free books and movies to borrow.

There are few campgrounds on this local road

All of it easily accessible from road. You don’t need 4x4 to get there from bee highway.

I couldn’t get there two times

Road is usually flooded, keep in mind you have to pick very dry time of the year

Great place to Stay

Very clean park, Great facilities camping fees include water, sewer, electric, wifi, fire ring, picnic table, Shower house, laundry house, picnic pavilion, tennis, basketball, and kayak rental. At the office enjoy the lending store large selection of books, dvd’s, music cd’s to borrow. Bring your old ones to donate. Staff is very friendly, at check-in the staff was very informative on the facilities since this was my first time here. I stopped at the office as I was leaving to ask a question to find it was closed for lunch. Which was great met a couple who were waiting at the door to check-in. They had been coming here for years and I can see why. I was given lot 13 when checking in, the lady offered to change if I had a problem with the lot number, I laughed and explain during storage I am in space 13. I mentioned I change storage places and again got lot 13, The distance from my storage to Savannas Rec Park was 13 miles.She laughed and told me to go get a lottery ticket with 13 as the Powerball…..

Johnathan Dickinson State Park has it all

There is water access for boating and paddling, mountain bike trails, a nature center, and miles of hiking trail to explore. They are also pet friendly.

Nice place

Wooded campground recentychanged management. Clea bathouse. Nice sites. Full hookup. Easy on/off US 1

Beautiful state park!

We love staying at this park. The Pine Grove sites are full hookups but have no shade. The River sites are close to the river and boat ramp but there is no longer a dump station so you would have to trek about 4miles to the Pine Grove dump station.

A secret paradise

I almost didn't want to review this amazing place. I wanted to keep it a secret.

If you like kayaking and uniquely Florida nature, this is it. This is paradise. List marshlands with twists and cuts for paddling. Birds you never knew existed. Great fishing. And of course, alligators. I could live there, easily.

There are both primitive and full hook-up sites, hot showers and even laundry facilities for longer stays. Very close to main roads should you need anything.

Good place to stop for the night.

We stayed in the Pine Grove campground with a tent… this campground was chock full of RVs and trailers. You can only camp on the gravel, not the grass. Not great for the bottoms of tents! Every site is close to the numerous restrooms dotted through out Pine Grove. The restrooms were okay, the showers didn’t always work and they were looking little tired. This campground was super quiet when we went. We saw maybe 2-3 other people in the restrooms and 1-2 people walking around, everyone seemed to be hiding in their RVs. It would be good for RVs, With full sewer, electricity, and water hookups at every site. We liked it because it was easy to get to and close to the 95 (but not too close to hear it).

Expensive camp sites!

Camp site were $90 a night. Our campsite have a nice view of the maintenance building. It was kind cool hearing the lions roar / huff during the night and morning though…

John Prince Park

This is a decent park that is convenient to the West Palm/Lake Worth area. On a lake , under 14 day stay area all on water.

Nice small campground

We went on a weekday spring 2018, there was only one other tent camper there at the time. Tent area is a big open grass field, no shade trees. No water or electric on site but is available at nearby pavilion. This is close to home and convenient for us. Rented canoe, went fishing and for a hike. Family enjoyed our 2 nights there. Staff was friendly. Campground is nothing fancy but we had fun. In the marshes, near the beach.

Free Florida Camping

This campground is a large field where you can pick any spot and is managed by the SW Florida Water Mgmt District. We were able to get a nice spot near the camp host that was perfect for solar. This is an equestrian campground, but there is a section for non-equestrian campers. You do have to get a permit (called a Special Use License) ahead of time to stay. It is a very easy process on the website https://www.sfwmd.gov/community-residents/recreation/sul. The approval will come within minutes. You don’t have to have the permit printed, but make sure you have electronic access to it to show it to the camp hosts. I also wrote the pertinent information on a sheet of paper to leave in the truck, but we never had it out and nobody asked about it. I believe the max stay is 8 days. Make sure you check the website for closures due to hunting and other reasons before you book. We stayed 5 nights in early January 2019.

There are no hook-ups at this camping area, but there is a dump station near the entrance and there are potable water spigots placed around the camping area. Upon arrival, the camp host informed us not to drink the water. I found that advice ironic since this is managed by the water district. There was a sign near the front of the campground that said the water was fine to drink and did not need to be boiled, but we heeded his advice and only used the water for showers and used bottled water to drink. It did have a sulfur smell and a tint to it.

The campground is at Gate 3. There is a gate with a chain at the entrance, but there is no lock. You just move the gate and close it behind you. Most of the area is level and like I said, you can pick anywhere to camp. There are several trees that provide good shade if you want that. We have solar so needed fully sun and were able to find a great spot for that. We didn’t check them out, but they do have restrooms and possible showers. Overall the campground was well maintained and there was no trash. It did get busy for the weekend with locals and got a bit louder, but overall it was nice and quiet. You are close to a highway that large dump trucks drive down so there is some road noise, but nothing too bad. It quiets down at night. There are several walking trails next to the campground and there is a driving nature trail at Gate 1 and more walking trails at Gate 2. The campground is also close to Lake Okeechobee.

We had no trouble with connectivity as we had 3-4 bars on Verizon and AT&T hotspots without booster. The camp host said there was a small town nearby, Indiantown, where you can get a few essentials and bottled water. We ended up going to Walmart because we needed specific items. There are several about 40 minutes away.

Overall it was a nice place to stay for a few days. Great service that the FL Water Mgmt District provides, and we are thankful for it. If ever in the area, we would stay here again.

Oeaceful

Loved watching the boats go through the locks. Very peaceful and serene.

Great campground for big rigs!

Easy access, quiet campground on a lake. Many amenities including adjacent to driving range and golf course, bike and walking trails. Short drive to West Palm Beach, FL. Wide sites that are very easy to get into.

Sites are perfect for big rigs!

This is a VERY reasonably priced campground with a lot of pluses. Access to an adjacent golf course and driving range. Bike trails. Walking trails. Wide sites that are very easy to pull through or back into. Immaculate laundry facilities. Short drive into West Palm Beach FL. Next door to small airport, but no flights leave over night. Quiet between 10 PM and 6 AM.

Great Family Campsite

Very nice KOA , clean well presented , friendly staff. The lions waking you up in the morning is really pretty cool. LOTS of local channels and good internet. It's pretty far from most everything but its really the only game in town. Very peaceful and quite. Discount tickets to Lion Country Safari which is next to campground.

Worth the Stay!

We absolutely love Jonathan Dickinson State Park. We camped for 10 nights and enjoyed every moment of it! The bathrooms are the cleanest we have ever seen at a campground including expensive campgrounds throughout Florida, California and Colorado. So much to do there too. Family or retirement oriented.