Everglades National Park, FLORIDA
Camping Florida Everglades National Park
Most Recent Everglades National Park Camping Reviews
This place is heaven

I love this place, it may be the best camping experience I ever had.  I loved unzipping my tent and being 15 feet away from the water.  It is difficult to get a site here, they go fast.  But I have had luck just showing up and getting in because someone else cancelled.

NOT SAFE

Our Ford F-250 King Ranch 4x4 diesel got stolen in the middle of the day from right in front of our RV at this park. This state park is NOT secure! We just purchased this vehicle and we did not drive it. Whomever stole our truck was an insider that cased the place. It is very scary to know that guests cannot feel secure here. Talking to neighbors today we found out that theft of bicycles and other items is common here. We wish we would have known earlier.

NOT SAFE

Our Ford F-250 King Ranch 4x4 diesel got stolen in the middle of the day from right in front of our RV at this park. This state park is NOT secure! We just purchased this vehicle and we did not drive it. Whomever stole our truck was an insider that cased the place. It is very scary to know that guests cannot feel secure here. Talking to neighbors today we found that theft of bycicles and other items is common, we wish we would have known earlier.

Cool place.

Stars are amazing. Too bad I didn’t get much time at the park. I was running in the Islamorada 10k.

Great Campground

Really good campground if u travel south to keys or if u just wanna park RV there and enjoy time. Clean bathrooms. Swim clean water area in ocean. Plenty of bench seating by water, beautiful sunsets. Boat deck boat ramp. Really big mostly RV sites but tent sites by fence are comfy.

Quiet and beautiful

We loved this spot on Key Largo. Further off the main road than some, you can forget how convenient the access is to the rest of Key Largo. Everything is in great condition—spots are nicely graveled, docks are new, pool is in great shape. Well absolutely be back here again!

Fantastic camping!

The campground is great! The bath houses are clean and close by. Paved roads are great for bicycle rides. We had iguana visitors each morning. We enjoyed the birds and wildlife.

The beach is less than desired. It’s VERY rocky (bring water shoes) and the beach is covered in a seaweed muck. You have to walk through it to get to the water. If you’re interested in sunbathing, the beach is perfect!

We hope we can find availability again so we can re-visit!

5 Star

Great place very clean and staff makes you feel at home.

Bring Bug Spray

Tgis place offers a nice fishing area and screened in community area by the bathrooms. However the bugs at this park are the worse I have ever encountered. It's like prehistoric times with teridactles coming in to suck your blood. I kid you not the mosquitos are that bad. If you have a good camping net room for around the picnic table you may make it out alive.

Had a great time!!

Drove in seeing campers thinking I was in the wrong spot. Drove around and saw this beautiful view of the water 🥰. Found the office & had a great greeting, was told about everything with the site, filled out paper work that took no time. The price is great for what you’re getting. It being more a RV site the ground is hard, best bring inflatable matters. Bathroom nice, Air conditioned, & clean. Would recommend to all Will come back again!!

Small and crowded but in the Keys

Small and tight but clean and friendly.

Great place

Expensive for February and March but well worth it. Many things to do and free things from them like begals and juice, ice cream, wine and cheese. Great views and a restaurant on site.

Year Round Camping with Alligators

Midway Campground is half way between Naples and Miami and a great central point if you're planning to explore both Everglades National Park and Big Cypress Preserve.

The campground is both RV and Tent friendly, and unlike the other nearby campgrounds, this one is open all year round -- although you're likely to have it mostly to yourself in the summer.

The campground is set up wide open as a big loop around a lake. There isn't any privacy between sites which isn't a problem in the winter. In the summer, be prepared to get to know your neighbors.

The site is close to the Big Cypress Nature Trail as well as the Everglades Bird Trail.

There isn't anything available at the campground- so be sure to pack everything in with you-- especially you're mosquito repellant.

National Park Service Campground in Big Cypress

This is campground in Big Cypress National Preserve is the same campground that is managed by that National Park Service. See more reviews and images here ->Burns Lake Campground

Only Open for Overnight Camping August to April

Burns Lake is about midway between Naples and Miami, making it a great location to explore either of both of Big Cypress or Everglades National Park. The campground is open all year long for day use (it's a big area for ATVs), but unfortunately you can't overnight there during the summer season. (The closest campground open year round is Midway a few miles away).

The camp ground is set up to accommodate off-road vehicles, and you've got to drive down a dirt road a little ways to access it.

The Camping area is structured in one loop around the lake with lots of beware of Alligator signs. Like most of the other camping areas in the Everglades, there  are no trees, so the campground is wide open and you're right next to your neighbor.

In addition the the Alligators, you'll notice in this area when driving on US 41 that you are also in a Panther crossing area. Fortunately, the only thing to eat me was mosquitos.  Be sure to pack your repellant.

You'll also want to make sure you've packed all your supplies, there's not a whole lot in the area besides wilderness! Each site is equipped with grills and tables.

Seasonal Big Cypress Campground - Closed for Summer

I was looking to stay in Monument Lake (located at Mile 60 on Hwy 41 - Alligator Alley) after a fun day of Everglades airboating, but was surprised to find the campground closed for the season upon arrival.

Monument lake is only open during the Florida winter. For alternative options, Midway Campground was the closest option open in Miami direction, and Trail Lakes Campground was the closest option open in Naples Direction.

Monument Lake is a National Forest Service campground and can be reserved at recreation.gov in season.

Great basecamp for Everglades Adventures!

I gave this campground 5 stars because it feels so different than the rest of the Campgrounds available in Big Cypress Reserve and Everglades National Park.

Trail Lakes is a proper campground which is staffed and gated just off of Hwy 41 (Alligator Alley) on the west side in Ochopee. It's open all year long.

For me, visiting in the off season, it felt nice to have the structure of the campground. Most of the other campgrounds I visited along 41 between Naples and Miami were completely empty of people, but full of signs warning campers of Panthers and alligators - and even bears. I had no idea Florida had bears. I didn't want to camp alone, so I loved that this campground had staff and a few other guests who might notice f I got eaten.

The campground is open all year long, and has a small store in the camp office.

The campground is built in several loops around a couple of lakes and has space for RV's and tents. If also offers cabins and some screened in open air huts (which I didn't stay in but they looked really cool). You could buy ice and firewood, as well as rent kayaks if you dared to boat through alligator swamps.

There's not much in Ochopee, so stock up when you leave Miaimi or Naples (depending which way you drive). There are a few things available at the campground store.  There is a mini post office in Ochopee which is worth stopping for a photo opp. The airboat tours which are everywhere along the highway here are definitely worth it.

You can get their latest pricing for all their sites and cabins at www.evergladescamping.net

Good location and well kept!

We stayed here on our way to Key West and we were pleasantly surprised by how well kept the campground was. The bathrooms were closed but it didnt say why. The sites are electric which is nice in the heat. From what the ranger said this park is the only one open this time of year.

My Favorite Keys Campground

Long Key campground is positioned right next to US 1 so you can hear traffic throughout the night. This campground offers waterfront campsites that you can paddle from. The views are amazing. This campground was damaged by Irma and hasn’t been open for the last couple years.

Grassy Key RV Park

Beautiful campground. Very clean &on the water. A bit pricey but worth it.

Not here

There's no park here…

Happy camper!

Kings Kamp is a unique property that will work for all visitors. Personally, I camped in a tent, but they also have RV spots and on-site cabins. It was right off the main highway through the keys so it was very easy to get to. Very close to John Pennekamp and everything else in Key Largo. Pretty standard tent sites, nothing glamorous. The campground is in The Keys, so you can't complain about anything! It actually has a small marina, so bring the boat or kayak and launch right there. We found a nice little spot where we fished and had our lunch by (pictured). We did not stay for very long, and truthfully, we ventured out around town for most of the day. That being said, we didn't worry about our gear while out. It felt very safe.

Very beautiful location and reasonable price compared to most other options in the area. Would stay again.

Great place to relax in the keys

We stayed here in March 2019 with a trailer. It was a very relaxing place with a site close to the water. Lots of good restaurants within a short bike trip. Also a grocery store close by. The staff was very friendly. I was a bit surprised how much I liked key largo and this campground. It’s a relaxing area but with plenty to do

Very nice place to stay in the Keys

There is a mixture of perminent residents and people renting a site as they pass through. The tents are off to the edge of the property and are well shaded. The sites are level and graveled. There is water and electric at every site.

There are 2 bathhouses for the campground. They have made an effort to have them centrally located but it can be a bit of a walk.

There is a pool which is in good shape and had a nice deck around it. It would be nice to have more shade but it was pleasant none the less. There were shuffleboard courts and tennis courts. WiFi was available in the lounge area.

There is a campground association that does bingo and runs meet and greet gatherings regularly (schedule is posted as well as announced over public address system.

All areas were clean and maintained nicely. There is security 24hrs. and the gate locks at 11p. If you will be out later a key is available for a $20 refundable deposit.

It is 1 mile from Pennycamp which is a great location.

Surprisingly pretty Park

This is city owned and operated Park/Campground. This fact is significant. It is very pretty with lots of mature shade trees. The RV's are assigned space around several pods. Each pod has its own bathhouse with laundry facilities. There are pull through spots for the big motorhomes and spots reserved for the handicapped. The bathhouses for the RV's were in good shape and well maintained. The bathhouse for the tenters not so much. The bathhouse for the RV's is not very far to walk which I would recommend.

The tent area is off to one side and well shaded by mature trees. It's an area rather than sites. You pick your spot, put up a tent and place a large numbered sign by your area and you've got your spot. While there isn't any electric to plug into at the tent sites, water is provided interspersed throughout the area. Picnic tables and barbecue grills are also provided throughout.

There is a great fire ring with benches for bonfires and a great Beach volleyball court. The pool is clean and guarded by life guards. There is a lounge where you have access to WiFi and plus to charge your phones. The RVs have WiFi around their pods.

Tenters can stay for a Max of 7 nights while RV's can stay for 180. Tenters can only pay for 3 nights at once before returning to re-up. No such rule for RVs. There is a kind of second class feel to the tenters but if you overlook that (I recommend you do) you will have a great time. Staff is very nice and the park is clean.

Small Campground Offers Comfort

Ideal camping before April. We appreciated easy access to washer, dryer, wood, ice and a screened in area with tables for those buggy nights.

Small but lovely

This park is nice for a short bike ride or hike along it’s nature trail. Don’t forget the kids helmets because it’s a law in Florida for them to wear them and the park ranger will remind you of it. The park is also on a river you can kayak or put a canoe in. They even provide rentals. The campground is well maintained and has three good size shower houses. The RV sites are pretty close together especially in the back. There is a nice playground by the river and a few historic markers to explore. The location is about 30mins to the beach depending on traffic. We visit Naples and Marcos island which were both nice but crowded. The park is also a short distance to the northern part of Everglades National Park. You can easily hitch a ride on an airboat tour there. We visited in December and the mosquitoes were definitely thirty that time of year! The ones that got in ate us alive while we slept in our camper. I still have nightmares but with out a breeze that’s just florida. Overall, great little park to explore just sleep under a mosquito net.

Not the best camping in a NP but ideally located

This seemed like the only option around for staying on the east side of everglades. It's a very large campground. We had no problem getting a site (apparently they are first come first serve but I've read reviews that there is a way to reserve sites) during "peak season". Some of the sites are fairly close to one another but we got one on the perimeter which was really nice and a little more private. The showers are huge plus (beware water only gets luke cold at best- no hot or warm water in the winter) and having flushing toilets are always nice. Tables and fire rings at each campground. I believe I read that you needed to bring your own wood but I think you could buy some. The campground is in a pretty ideal location. Close to a couple great trails (Anhinga and Long Pine Key). We were able to break up our 2 days in the everglades by splitting it with an day in Biscayne bay- driving too and from the campground to Biscayne NP was very reasonable from this "home base". The only down side to the campground is how close sites are to one another (again perimeter sites seem a little better). Additionally, walking around and seeing people sitting in their RVs watching TV kind of takes away from the camping experience (especially a NP). It's also pretty pricey for camping in a tent. Lastly, their staff is terrible. They're not bright (they'll have trouble figuring out which sites are open and then tell you sites that are obviously taken are actually open). They also lack any customer service skills and can be rude at times.

Quiet and remote, great campground

Amazing campground (as long as you're cool with pit toilets and without showers). Great picnic tables and fire rings. We're tent campers and loved this place. There's only 7 tent sites and they're on the opposite side of the lake from the RV's (I think there's about 10 RV sites). It's far enough from the road that's it's quiet (about a mile on gravel from the state route to the campsites). Stars are great. Bathrooms are clean. Bring your own firewood. We didn't see any hikers or OHVers (their website says this campground is commonly used by them). There was an alligator swimming in the lake at dusk. Don't make the mistake like we did and wear sandals though, the chiggers/no see ums are terrible.

Go in the winter time

My husband and I lucked out to get an absolutely gorgeous day to tent camp at this campground. The next day was back to Florida’s hot and humidity. This campground is in one of natire’s most wonderful places, big cypress national preserve. This campground has tent and rv sites. No electric sites. We went on a Sunday and the whole campground was full, it’s a popular spot, would recommend making reservations in advance. There are vault toilets over on the rv sites and flush toilets by the tent sites. There are campground hosts, fire pits in the tent area, and a lake that does have alligators, because this is Florida. The nite sky was perfect so many stars to see. Little to no noise pollution. Make sure to bring your insect repellent, I got eaten alive once the sun started setting. No trails at the campground but there are trails within big cypress. Tent campsites were level and not right on top of one another. There were a few trees for shade as well.