Everglades National Park, FLORIDA

Camping Florida Everglades National Park
Most Recent Everglades National Park Camping Reviews
Love staying here

Stayed here a few times and always have a good time! Campground is always kept clean and showers have hot water.

Great State Park

Immaculately kept facilities. Interesting historical sites. Nice walking trail.

Nice and clean facilities

I think that you get more for what you pay. Clean and quiet place.

Gorgeous RV park

We stayed here in May 2018 for a week and even though it rained several days it was a beautiful park on the water. We paid extra to stay at site A on the peninsula and it was well worth it. We liked it so much that we have a reservation for a month next year. There is no bathhouse but there is a nice common area and laundry room. The whole place is immaculate.

Decent Florida camping

It’s a nice campground that is accessible from the city of Miami. It’s a quick way to escape the city and all the people. It’s a nice campground in the Everglades, with decent bathrooms. Have stayed here a few times and probably a few more. Watch out for mosquitos!

Decent Florida camping

Awesome time

First time camping in the keys so I made a couple of calls to so campgrounds and found that the Jolly Roger was the best and most reasonably priced. I enjoyed our site, full hookups and very good wifi. We had an issue with our vehicle and the lady at the front office was very helpful in helping us call tow companies and mechanics. Pool can get busy and a little loud but nothing crazy where it makes you want to leave. I’ll most definitely be back when we travel down to the keys again.

Wild!

There is a lot of ways to get there. I kayaked between 3 to 4 hours. Your arms are going to hurt a lot. You are going to need a lot of water, sun screen, food supplies, sleeping pad, and your tent. Is a lot of work but fhe view, the silence, and the wild life is amazing! I saw sharks, dolphins, alligators, and different type of fish. Be prepared!

This place is heaven

I love this place, it may be the best camping experience I ever had.  I loved unzipping my tent and being 15 feet away from the water.  It is difficult to get a site here, they go fast.  But I have had luck just showing up and getting in because someone else cancelled.

NOT SAFE

Our Ford F-250 King Ranch 4x4 diesel got stolen in the middle of the day from right in front of our RV at this park. This state park is NOT secure! We just purchased this vehicle and we did not drive it. Whomever stole our truck was an insider that cased the place. It is very scary to know that guests cannot feel secure here. Talking to neighbors today we found out that theft of bicycles and other items is common here. We wish we would have known earlier.

NOT SAFE

Our Ford F-250 King Ranch 4x4 diesel got stolen in the middle of the day from right in front of our RV at this park. This state park is NOT secure! We just purchased this vehicle and we did not drive it. Whomever stole our truck was an insider that cased the place. It is very scary to know that guests cannot feel secure here. Talking to neighbors today we found that theft of bycicles and other items is common, we wish we would have known earlier.

Cool place.

Stars are amazing. Too bad I didn’t get much time at the park. I was running in the Islamorada 10k.

Great Campground

Really good campground if u travel south to keys or if u just wanna park RV there and enjoy time. Clean bathrooms. Swim clean water area in ocean. Plenty of bench seating by water, beautiful sunsets. Boat deck boat ramp. Really big mostly RV sites but tent sites by fence are comfy.

Quiet and beautiful

We loved this spot on Key Largo. Further off the main road than some, you can forget how convenient the access is to the rest of Key Largo. Everything is in great condition—spots are nicely graveled, docks are new, pool is in great shape. Well absolutely be back here again!

Fantastic camping!

The campground is great! The bath houses are clean and close by. Paved roads are great for bicycle rides. We had iguana visitors each morning. We enjoyed the birds and wildlife.

The beach is less than desired. It’s VERY rocky (bring water shoes) and the beach is covered in a seaweed muck. You have to walk through it to get to the water. If you’re interested in sunbathing, the beach is perfect!

We hope we can find availability again so we can re-visit!

5 Star

Great place very clean and staff makes you feel at home.

Bring Bug Spray

Tgis place offers a nice fishing area and screened in community area by the bathrooms. However the bugs at this park are the worse I have ever encountered. It's like prehistoric times with teridactles coming in to suck your blood. I kid you not the mosquitos are that bad. If you have a good camping net room for around the picnic table you may make it out alive.

Had a great time!!

Drove in seeing campers thinking I was in the wrong spot. Drove around and saw this beautiful view of the water 🥰. Found the office & had a great greeting, was told about everything with the site, filled out paper work that took no time. The price is great for what you’re getting. It being more a RV site the ground is hard, best bring inflatable matters. Bathroom nice, Air conditioned, & clean. Would recommend to all Will come back again!!

Small and crowded but in the Keys

Small and tight but clean and friendly.

Great place

Expensive for February and March but well worth it. Many things to do and free things from them like begals and juice, ice cream, wine and cheese. Great views and a restaurant on site.

Year Round Camping with Alligators

Midway Campground is half way between Naples and Miami and a great central point if you're planning to explore both Everglades National Park and Big Cypress Preserve.

The campground is both RV and Tent friendly, and unlike the other nearby campgrounds, this one is open all year round -- although you're likely to have it mostly to yourself in the summer.

The campground is set up wide open as a big loop around a lake. There isn't any privacy between sites which isn't a problem in the winter. In the summer, be prepared to get to know your neighbors.

The site is close to the Big Cypress Nature Trail as well as the Everglades Bird Trail.

There isn't anything available at the campground- so be sure to pack everything in with you-- especially you're mosquito repellant.

National Park Service Campground in Big Cypress

This is campground in Big Cypress National Preserve is the same campground that is managed by that National Park Service. See more reviews and images here ->Burns Lake Campground

Only Open for Overnight Camping August to April

Burns Lake is about midway between Naples and Miami, making it a great location to explore either of both of Big Cypress or Everglades National Park. The campground is open all year long for day use (it's a big area for ATVs), but unfortunately you can't overnight there during the summer season. (The closest campground open year round is Midway a few miles away).

The camp ground is set up to accommodate off-road vehicles, and you've got to drive down a dirt road a little ways to access it.

The Camping area is structured in one loop around the lake with lots of beware of Alligator signs. Like most of the other camping areas in the Everglades, there  are no trees, so the campground is wide open and you're right next to your neighbor.

In addition the the Alligators, you'll notice in this area when driving on US 41 that you are also in a Panther crossing area. Fortunately, the only thing to eat me was mosquitos.  Be sure to pack your repellant.

You'll also want to make sure you've packed all your supplies, there's not a whole lot in the area besides wilderness! Each site is equipped with grills and tables.

Seasonal Big Cypress Campground - Closed for Summer

I was looking to stay in Monument Lake (located at Mile 60 on Hwy 41 - Alligator Alley) after a fun day of Everglades airboating, but was surprised to find the campground closed for the season upon arrival.

Monument lake is only open during the Florida winter. For alternative options, Midway Campground was the closest option open in Miami direction, and Trail Lakes Campground was the closest option open in Naples Direction.

Monument Lake is a National Forest Service campground and can be reserved at recreation.gov in season.

Great basecamp for Everglades Adventures!

I gave this campground 5 stars because it feels so different than the rest of the Campgrounds available in Big Cypress Reserve and Everglades National Park.

Trail Lakes is a proper campground which is staffed and gated just off of Hwy 41 (Alligator Alley) on the west side in Ochopee. It's open all year long.

For me, visiting in the off season, it felt nice to have the structure of the campground. Most of the other campgrounds I visited along 41 between Naples and Miami were completely empty of people, but full of signs warning campers of Panthers and alligators - and even bears. I had no idea Florida had bears. I didn't want to camp alone, so I loved that this campground had staff and a few other guests who might notice f I got eaten.

The campground is open all year long, and has a small store in the camp office.

The campground is built in several loops around a couple of lakes and has space for RV's and tents. If also offers cabins and some screened in open air huts (which I didn't stay in but they looked really cool). You could buy ice and firewood, as well as rent kayaks if you dared to boat through alligator swamps.

There's not much in Ochopee, so stock up when you leave Miaimi or Naples (depending which way you drive). There are a few things available at the campground store.  There is a mini post office in Ochopee which is worth stopping for a photo opp. The airboat tours which are everywhere along the highway here are definitely worth it.

You can get their latest pricing for all their sites and cabins at www.evergladescamping.net

Good location and well kept!

We stayed here on our way to Key West and we were pleasantly surprised by how well kept the campground was. The bathrooms were closed but it didnt say why. The sites are electric which is nice in the heat. From what the ranger said this park is the only one open this time of year.

My Favorite Keys Campground

Long Key campground is positioned right next to US 1 so you can hear traffic throughout the night. This campground offers waterfront campsites that you can paddle from. The views are amazing. This campground was damaged by Irma and hasn’t been open for the last couple years.

Grassy Key RV Park

Beautiful campground. Very clean &on the water. A bit pricey but worth it.

Not here

There's no park here…

Happy camper!

Kings Kamp is a unique property that will work for all visitors. Personally, I camped in a tent, but they also have RV spots and on-site cabins. It was right off the main highway through the keys so it was very easy to get to. Very close to John Pennekamp and everything else in Key Largo. Pretty standard tent sites, nothing glamorous. The campground is in The Keys, so you can't complain about anything! It actually has a small marina, so bring the boat or kayak and launch right there. We found a nice little spot where we fished and had our lunch by (pictured). We did not stay for very long, and truthfully, we ventured out around town for most of the day. That being said, we didn't worry about our gear while out. It felt very safe.

Very beautiful location and reasonable price compared to most other options in the area. Would stay again.