Orlando, FLORIDA

Most Recent Orlando Camping Reviews
Orange County Fl. Parks Rool!

My phone/camera failed this trip hence only one photo. For a park so close to an urban setting exceptionally wild. Deer, fox squirrels, wild pigs, alligators,waterfowl,jet airliners. So that last item would be the one of two negatives. The park sits in the flight path of Orlando International Airport. Air traffic slows down around 10pm. Another negative the aforementioned alligators. Moss park used to have a lake swimming area until someone was bitten by said gator. Nice hiking trail through an oak hammock.

I'm a local

I live VERY close to here, so I've never actually utilized any of their camping facilities. But have done all sorts of day-trailing, canoeing/kayaking, and other activities. If you wanna do basic outdoorsy stuff, this is a cool spot. And don't forget to check out Without A Paddle when you're in the area.

Party Park

Unfortunately, we had a LOT of rowdy neighbors who paid little if any attention to the park rules. Quiet time is supposed to start at 11 but, frankly, I don't think rowdy time ever ended. All. Night. Long. on Friday night and spilling over into Saturday morning, Noon and night. I don't think they ever slept.

Had this been our first visit to a Florida State Park, we might not have gone on to explore a dozen other of the Florida State Parks in the area that accommodate RV's. That would have been a shame because we have enjoyed other Florida parks in the area.

If this review concerns you, try close-by Lake Louisa State Park or Lake Griffin State Park: an entirely different scene with campers who actually camp as opposed to a mob of people just looking for a place to be drunk.

About a week after we stay at a Florida park, we get a survey which asks a number of questions. One of them is "Did you feel safe?". The answer here is a resounding"NO!". I arrived right at 3PM and was set up by 4PM, before most of the drinkers arrived to spoil the scene. By 9PM I had basically pulled everything back in the RV for fear of it being stolen or shot at then stayed inside for the rest of the weekend.

There was zero social distancing, one of the best parts (up until this visit) of camping in the first place. Sites here seemed a bit closer together than other parks but that might have been just my reaction to the scene and those spoiling it for others.

I had two other bookings in the future for this park which I have canceled. There are just too many great parks in the Florida system. This is not one of them.

The stars are unbelievable

Beautiful state park. Lots of wildlife. Saw deer at our campsite. The night sky so full of stars. No swimming but full of nature hikes.

Decent camping sites...

Camp sites have fire ring and place specifically for a tent but they are not very clean. There are bathrooms but they are locked after dark. We were given a gate code but could not find the way to unlock any of the gates (more my fault than anything but it was dark and my daughter has to use the bathroom).

Truly Enjoyable and Perfect Mini Getaway

Absolutely worth every moment and penny! Family owned and ran by one of the granddaughters Bryn who is awesome and so hospitable! John and jack gave me so much knowledge and were just beacons of light to make everything easygoing and enjoyable. The cabin was quaint and complete with all necessities. Pontoon easy to drive and navigate and the blue springs were gorgeous!!!! Remember to bring 2$ a pers. and goggles for the springs 😁 You’re guaranteed to have a great time and meet some genuine and awesome people ✌️

Had lots of noise.

Had lots of noise park needs to have sites redone not level mostly older park models and trailers that had junk around them. The entrance was clean but not in the park

Level sites

Went over labor day weekend 2020 lots of room and nothing going on at park. Close to Disney and shopping.

Love the Park

Lots to do with trails and swimming in the springs will stay again