Orlando, FLORIDA

Most Recent Orlando Camping Reviews
Great Park with lots of Activities...also near Disney

Lake Louisa is located in Clermont Florida and is only 20 miles from Disney in Orlando. It is a newer park and the facilities were really nice. We stayed here in June and bugs were only bad at nightfall. We got good reception with our verizon and only ok with our sprint.

This park is one of our many Trifecta parks, meaning we can hike, bike and kayak. We were easily able to roll our Kayaks to Dixie lake from our campsite. We stayed at a site in Dixie loop sites sites 1-30. Hammond lake was across the road from our campground. The other campground (Sandhill) is equally nice with the same gravel sites, 30/50 amp electricity and water but not quite as close to the lake. There is a dump station and some of the sites have full hookup with sewer. Reserve America does not note which ones have sewer too but when I did some more research I found one review that mentioned that site #’s 16,18,20, 30, 32,33, 34 (ADA), 35,36 (ADA), 37,38,39, &40 are the sites that have sewer too. Note: Only a couple of sites offer a water view due to the foliage and the trees.

In addition to the campground for Rv,tents and trailers….this park has cute little teepees for rent, tent sites, primitive sites,group sites, 20 cabins (no pets allowed) and even an equestrian campground with stalls and a corral. There are kayak,bike and canoe rentals at the Dixie Lake area camp store which is located next to the campgrounds. When you rent a kayak - you will only be able to kayak on Hammond Lake (unless you hand carry it across the street yourself to Dixie lake if the rules allow that) There are also fishing piers at both Dixie and Hammond Lake. You can also fish and boat on Lake Louisa too. There is also a cute hidden lake called Bear Lake that you can bike or drive to and even put in your kayak or electric boat on this more remote lake. However, since there is no public boat ramp access to Lake Louisa -unless you can hand carry or roll your boat to water….you will need to go to the Palatlakaha River Park and Boat Ramp to put your larger boat into the lake (there are no docks at the park for tying up your boat)

This park has totally awesome park roads for biking, trails for mountain biking and hiking, and equestrian trails. Be sure to carry a map, I got a little lost hiking because not all the trails were well marked. We also enjoyed riding our bikes into Clermont.

There is a longer review with links at our website www.travylcouple.com if you want more info than this review and video offers you.

Some good some bad

This campground has a lot going for it however there is a downside there is construction going on right next-door and the noise starts at 7 AM and doesn’t let up till about 5 PM the park has great amenities and great location with the construction noise was a real bummer for me

Nice Location BUT...

What a beautiful location. Near the beach and Port Canaveral.

Unfortunately, this is a dust bowl. You park on concrete slabs that are for the most part, relatively level. All the roads are dirt so there is a lot of dust. If you sit outside for long, you will be covered in dirt. They should lay down a layer of peacock or gravel. That would surely reduce the amount of dust/dirt.

WiFi… HORRIBLE. You better have good cellular. I was near the WiFi pole and the speed test showed that my download was 0.02 MBS and the upload did not even register. It’s a shame that their WiFi is so bad. They have a lot of full time RV’ers that need WiFi in order to stay in touch with family, friends, etc.

I am not sure what other campgrounds are in the area but I cannot recommend this one unless you do not mind no WiFi and arriving with a clean RV - leaving with a filthy RV.

Ranger Review: Grub Stick at Lake Mills Park in Seminole County, Florida

Campground  Review:  Grub Stick at Lake Mills Park, Seminole County, FL

I took part in helping with a Great American Camp Out for 36 families with over 126 people at Lake Mills Park in Seminole County, FL.  This was a special use event so we used the big open field areas in the day use part of the park near the lake.  This was a very, very good and well run event on everyone's part.   I did visit the campground area and give it a thorough inspection as well as talked to staff that was there helping out with the event too.  There were 13…I mean 14 spaces available for camping in tents.  There was a community bathroom with small showers.  This is the perfect place for a weekend camp out.  The camp sites are just a short walk to the lake and the fishing pier.  There is a boardwalk through the wetlands but it was closed at the moment, but the staff I talked with said it was going to be repaired and opened back up soon.  They also mentioned that the park was slated for some upgrades and amenities this coming year. They do not encourage swimming in the lake but while I was there I did see some people in the water.  The fishing pier was nice and in a cove like area.  Several in our group caught some small fish and some turtles too. There is a fit para course that goes around the day use area.  A nice bathroom is there near some picnic shelters that have grills beside them and the small amphitheater area.  There is a nice playground for the kids to play on with picnic tables and grills nearby.  There is also a sand volleyball court.  Everyone in our group….all 126+ enjoyed the park immensely.  I can imagine the lake being a great spot to kayak too.

Lake Mills Park is not to far from the Little Big Econ State Forest and Econ River Wilderness Area.  There are many other places not to far away to that are neat for exploring.  A day to Titusville would be a good adventure.

This park is nice and quiet, But you can hear cars going by on the main road just outside the park at night,  BUT  it wasn't a big deal to any of us.  Just a little background noise once in awhile.

………………………………………………………………….

Product Review:  Grub Stick

As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I get to test products. At Lake Mills Park I tested The Grub Stick:  The Four Piece set with Cinch Bag and the Thirteen Piece Deluxe set with Zippered Bag.

The four piece comes with:  a telescopic stick, a grubfork implement, a grubcage, and a release tool and comes in a cinch sack.

The thirteen piece comes with: two telescopic sticks, two grubfork implements, a grubcage, a burgcage, a grubtube, grubpocket, a release tool, a finger protector, a hot pad, a food holder ring, and a zippered bag.

1.  I love the idea of having this telescopic stick to cook multiple different ways and multiple different foods.  It is fun to try out the different implements and foods.  The website by the way has many different recipes you can cook with the various implements.  Who doesn't want to cook over an open fire for fun!!

2.  I love the 4 piece cinch sack since it is great for one person and lightweight for a back pack.

3.  The 13 piece Deluxe set is awesome for family and friends camp out since there are more sticks and implements.  I will take both and use them all when its family and friends.

4.  I find the metal and the implements hold up well to the heat and use.   The bags make it easy to contain everything in one spot.

5.  It is easy to clean up.

6.  It is also great that you can combine several sets for larger groups and they all work together with all the different sticks and implements.

I can't wait to go camping again with these. Especially with my nephews who will love getting to cook over the open fire.

Expensive Florida camping

As a Full time Volunteer and NAP holder, it seems a bit much for non electric sites in a National setting. Yet the beauty of the spring is magnificent.

Diamond in the ruff.

Quite possibly one of the best sites in central Florida. Tons of hiking. Beautiful lakes, boardwalks, and most of all it has a beach.

The prettiest in Florida

Absolutely beautiful. Large sites.

Beautiful park

Beautiful spacious camp sites with lots of privacy. We'll look forward to returning.

Primitive island camping

Launch at river breeze park, book through Canavaral National Seashore. 20 bucks a night your own island. Can book for up to 15 people but I don't know where you would put enough tents. Got a 6 man and a 2 man set up and could get a 4 man as well but who actually puts that many people in a tent, lol.

Love it

Close to central florida attractions, however out in bfe. Love this park, hidden gem. Hiking, fishing, lake beach…..nice place to relax

SHORTENED STAY

My wife and I needed to be in the Orlando area but didn’t want to be near the Mouse House. We booked Clearbrook Golf and RV Resort using Passport America. On check in we were given a back in site (fine) only to find the the hook up we’re on the WRONG side ! We pulled in front first so hook up could be achieved. Minor problem but folks at check in should have known ! Campground is getting old and worn looking. The golf course looks nice and adds to making park look better !

Calm and Quiet

Perfect for who are looking for a not crowded campground. Manager and Host so gently and friendly. Absolutely I’ll back!

I've been to KOA's across the country but, this by far is the cleanest and most well kept I have been to and the view on the lake is amazing.

Ive been to KOA's across the country but, this by far is the cleanest and most wellkept I have been to and the view on the lake is amazing.

Amazing campground

Very well maintained resort. Clean bathhouses. Great transportation.

Huge, and gorgeous

Really something for everyone. Tent sites are lakefront underneath cypress trees with hanging Spanish Moss. Lots of RV sites with clean bathrooms. 2 pools, 2 hot tubs, on site restaurants, a lakefront beach with free SUP’s. Very family-friendly atmosphere, but not a ton of kids.

Great and friendly staff

Close to the ocean, great amenities. The only thing the park needs is a pool.

Great and friendly staff

Close to the ocean, great amenities. The only thing the park needs is a pool.

Mantee's Galore

Blue Spring State Park in Orange City, FL.  Visited mid-Sept 2019 middle of the week.  Although the campground was mostly booked we found space, with no crowds at the spring or the river.  Rent a tub and float down, with no crowds it's a 4 min walk up and a 15 min float down. The manatee's are on the move with their calfs.  The love bugs are brutal this time of year, but the campground is separated enough from the river area to feel safe from gators with your dogs.  Great short trail from campground to main area which included shop, food, tables and of course wood walkways by the river.   Walkways wide enough for wheelchairs.  Dogs allowed all over park except the wood trail up to the spring head.  New bathrooms, 2 bars on the cell service and I did see laundry available.

Kayakers read review

Very cool little place for primitive camping. All the sites are cut out so that you have some privacy from the neighboring sites. There are a couple of sites that you can't reserve, first come first serve, pay in cash at the iron ranger. Site 1 is that way and you could paddle into it. 14 and 16 can be reserved and also@ paddled into. Most sites have water and there is a bathroom/showers with really hot water.

Easy access

This park is conveniently located to Publix grocery store, Cracker Barrel, and many other great restaurants. It is mainly full time mobile homes but welcomes RVs as well.

Beautiful setting

While this is advertised as an RV park it is majority full time mobile homes and permanent structures. If there are empty lots they may rent them to RVs.

This campground is closed

This campground has been closed for a long time.

It's a walk!

It's a long walk to a primitive site, but totally worth it. There's no real way of knowing if the sites are already taken, so be prepared for that. There's a fire pit, table and plenty of space for tents. If I go again, I'll bring a folding cart to bring more supplies. Can't complain for a free campsite.

Paddle to sites

They have 3 paddle to sites on rock springs run and 1 on the wekiva river. All are pretty cool , big buck is the only one not directly on the water. All have bear box, fire pit and a bench or two. All but otter has hammock posts. Best is to launch upstream at kings landing and paddle down stream to them. When you take out keep going downstream to their pick up point and then you never paddle against current with gear. Also sucks to paddle up to them from the park because you have to pack out your own firewood since you can't burm ground fall. Very primitive and secluded.

Great sites

Great bathrooms. Great sites. Bus service around campground and to parks. Staff is amazing. Good store on site. Multiple pools.

Big park with tons of eminities

Wow again nicely kept park. Electric fishing boat rental , Picnicking , Champing Cabins , Tent sites , Camper sites . Fishing (catch and release) Big lake. Frisbee golf , Drone designated fly zone. Dogs allowed in some areas. Petting zoo. Walking and Hocking here

Apopka's Little Gem

Clean well kept camping and picnicking. Basketball court is included along with volleyball court. 14 day max stay , no sewer hook up. Dump station yes.

Apopka's Little Gem

Beautiful...

I camp here quite often. My go-to camp site for weekends. Great camp sites for both RV and Tent but I’m a tent camper. Lots of room on the site, nice clean facilities, nice fire rings. Lots of hiking trails, kayaking at the springs and the best swim area…. I highly recommend.