Orlando, FLORIDA

Most Recent Orlando Camping Reviews
Huge, and gorgeous

Really something for everyone. Tent sites are lakefront underneath cypress trees with hanging Spanish Moss. Lots of RV sites with clean bathrooms. 2 pools, 2 hot tubs, on site restaurants, a lakefront beach with free SUP’s. Very family-friendly atmosphere, but not a ton of kids.

Great and friendly staff

Close to the ocean, great amenities. The only thing the park needs is a pool.

Great and friendly staff

Close to the ocean, great amenities. The only thing the park needs is a pool.

Mantee's Galore

Blue Spring State Park in Orange City, FL.  Visited mid-Sept 2019 middle of the week.  Although the campground was mostly booked we found space, with no crowds at the spring or the river.  Rent a tub and float down, with no crowds it's a 4 min walk up and a 15 min float down. The manatee's are on the move with their calfs.  The love bugs are brutal this time of year, but the campground is separated enough from the river area to feel safe from gators with your dogs.  Great short trail from campground to main area which included shop, food, tables and of course wood walkways by the river.   Walkways wide enough for wheelchairs.  Dogs allowed all over park except the wood trail up to the spring head.  New bathrooms, 2 bars on the cell service and I did see laundry available.

Kayakers read review

Very cool little place for primitive camping. All the sites are cut out so that you have some privacy from the neighboring sites. There are a couple of sites that you can't reserve, first come first serve, pay in cash at the iron ranger. Site 1 is that way and you could paddle into it. 14 and 16 can be reserved and also@ paddled into. Most sites have water and there is a bathroom/showers with really hot water.

Easy access

This park is conveniently located to Publix grocery store, Cracker Barrel, and many other great restaurants. It is mainly full time mobile homes but welcomes RVs as well.

Beautiful setting

While this is advertised as an RV park it is majority full time mobile homes and permanent structures. If there are empty lots they may rent them to RVs.

This campground is closed

This campground has been closed for a long time.

It's a walk!

It's a long walk to a primitive site, but totally worth it. There's no real way of knowing if the sites are already taken, so be prepared for that. There's a fire pit, table and plenty of space for tents. If I go again, I'll bring a folding cart to bring more supplies. Can't complain for a free campsite.

Paddle to sites

They have 3 paddle to sites on rock springs run and 1 on the wekiva river. All are pretty cool , big buck is the only one not directly on the water. All have bear box, fire pit and a bench or two. All but otter has hammock posts. Best is to launch upstream at kings landing and paddle down stream to them. When you take out keep going downstream to their pick up point and then you never paddle against current with gear. Also sucks to paddle up to them from the park because you have to pack out your own firewood since you can't burm ground fall. Very primitive and secluded.

Great sites

Great bathrooms. Great sites. Bus service around campground and to parks. Staff is amazing. Good store on site. Multiple pools.

Big park with tons of eminities

Wow again nicely kept park. Electric fishing boat rental , Picnicking , Champing Cabins , Tent sites , Camper sites . Fishing (catch and release) Big lake. Frisbee golf , Drone designated fly zone. Dogs allowed in some areas. Petting zoo. Walking and Hocking here

Apopka's Little Gem

Clean well kept camping and picnicking. Basketball court is included along with volleyball court. 14 day max stay , no sewer hook up. Dump station yes.

Apopka's Little Gem

Beautiful...

I camp here quite often. My go-to camp site for weekends. Great camp sites for both RV and Tent but I’m a tent camper. Lots of room on the site, nice clean facilities, nice fire rings. Lots of hiking trails, kayaking at the springs and the best swim area…. I highly recommend.

A lot great information

This app can help A lot. Check out

Beauty at its Finest

Beautiful place for floating down the spring. Enjoy drifting over river pebbles at the clear bottom of the spring. Tubes can be rented right outside of park. Often busy and loud but the spring serenity makes it worth it.

Ranger Review: Morsel Spork at Blue Springs State Park FL

Campground Review

Blue Springs State Park is known for it’s manatee sightings and this park did not disappoint! The park itself provides many opportunities for outdoor activities. There is a 4.5-mile hiking trail, biking trail, as well as water activities. There are two different parking lots, but both provide opportunities to reach the water and picnicking spots. Kayak and canoe rentals are available in the parking lot with the launch, while the main swimming area has a store and grill.

We spent much of our time kayaking from the park’s canoe launch. Here, we were able to see tons of wildlife from all sorts of fish, alligators, and yes, a manatee! There is swimming in the park as soon as it opens, but you can only access the spring head and get into the clearer water before 11:00am and after 5pm. It is well worth it to go early as the park fills up fast and does get a bit noisy - we prefer the quiet nature sounds.  The manatee was there in the morning.  There is also a public boat launch just outside of the park.

We stayed in site 1 which was shaded and well spread out from the site next to use with plenty of vegetation in between. The camp host is very quick to respond and was very keen on his duty. The restrooms were newer looking and clean. However, there are only two stalls in the women’s restroom, so I did have to wait to get a shower in when I went. The only drawback I found from the campsite/campground area was the noise. There are train tracks near the state park, so hearing trains throughout the night(especially at 3am) was not what I’m looking for when I get out into nature. So bring ear plugs!

Overall, the grounds were well kept, the staff takes their job seriously(in a good way), and there are many activities to do. The outdoor activities and many opportunities to see wildlife really impressed us with this park. We will definitely be back!

Product Review

As a Ranger for the Dyrt, I get to test products at this campground I tested the Morsel Spork and Morsel Spork XL.

This spork is the utensil of my dreams and completes my dinner set up. I love the size of the smaller spork for my bowl, but I also love the XL version for my camping meals in the bag as it is long enough to fit in there perfectly. What I like the most: it can scrape like a spatula(and get all the good last bits in the bowl!), the way it feels in my hand compared to my previous spork, the ridges on the fork which can be used for cutting, it can be placed in boiling water(so it’s safe for my Jetboil), and is dishwasher safe(so I can sanitize and sterilize later).

The only drawback was that the fork end would poke me in the hand at first, but once I got used to how to hold the handle it was completely fine.

Headspring Magic!

Lovely place to camp, bike, and swim! Easy access from tent sites down to the springs. Many manatees can be seen while exploring the springs. Check out the Head spring and cave entrance at the northern end of the swimming area—nothing short of magical.

Amenities

The amenities are nice, pool has a slide and there’s a splash pad/kiddie area by the pool. There are boats to the parks, horseback riding and bike paths. The only downside was that the campground was noisy. Lots of people blaring music and driving through the campground on golf carts playing music loud. The sites were a little bit close together but not terribly. Definitely a vey manicured campground with paved roads and driveways to the sites. We also had a site that backed to another road so there were buses going by till about midnight.

So much to do!

Wekiwa was an amazing place to camp and spend our weekend. The park offers hiking, biking, day swimming, a food grill, a canoe/kayak launch and rental, plus tons of wildlife! The campground was quiet and the restrooms fairly clean. However, a weekday is best to visit the spring and river. On the weekend there were tons of people in the park. We had a wonderful 3 days here.

Take a walk with nature

I had an amazing time here.  It is back to nature with water and electric hookups. The spring itself is beautiful and great swimming as long as you can stand the 72 degree water. We had a mama raccoon and her 3 babies stop by our campsite and our neighbor spotted a black bear…..not too close.

Small and friendly

A small but clean friendly campground. Beautiful spot for fishing and photography.  Sunrise and sunset were amazing

This used to be my favorite place

There are tent and rv sites. The bathrooms were dirty the last two times we went. And the beach was trashy. This used to be my favorite place but has went downhill and I doubt I will ever  return

perect

great location and setup

Great amenities, lots to do, close to everything

Great campground with lots to do. Pool is opened during the day with lifeguard. Lake is great to sit by or take a boat. Have to rent it from them, unable you take your own. They have nightly campfires that are Disney themed, Chipmunks. They have lots of paved areas that you can walk or ride bikes or rent a golf cart. They also have things like pool games and archery classes along with horse back riding. They are also on the Disney transportation line so it's free to take a bus around campsite or to Disney parks. Only downside is this place is big so walking to some areas can be daunting unless you have bikes or golf cart. The sites are the cleanest you can have but they come at a price. Unless it's slow season pricing for an rv site can cost over $80 a night. They have tent and pop up sites at a lower cost then you have full sites for travel trailers and bigger rvs and then there is also premium sites that are bigger and also closer to the main areas.

Words

It was ok …

Great for families

Be prepared for Florida summer storms going in winter much better.Everything you need accessable.

Great for swimming,hiking and canoeing

Beautiful Florida wildlife,birds especially in winter.Can be viewed by canoeing or hiking.Great food at the island.

Only thing on weekend the later you go the lonnger wait to get in park.