Yurts
Hike In
Kathryn Abby Hanna Park is located in Florida
19 Reviews of Kathryn Abby Hanna Park
Lake and ocean access Campground

This awesome county park is a hidden gem. Our most recent visit was October 2019. This park is located next to Mayport Navel Station. It is an active person’s dream location. Families will also love this park. Just know that a lot of locals come here and it can get a little busy and rowdy according to others. (We haven’t experienced that in our 5 visits to this park but we are well insulated in our RV) Lots of pull thru sites, in addition to back some with full hook ups and others with electricity and water. Cell reception was good. The not so good are that some of these sites are level others are not! Rain can = muddy on those sites… (So call office if you need more info) During busy times, the dated bathrooms can be… horrible. Update- bathrooms are being renovated!!! Not because of staff inattention but because of un-attended mannerless children. Forget those little things! You have hiking trails, mountain biking trails, the Atlantic Ocean beach access, lake and fishing ponds, large children playgrounds, splash pad for kids, great camp store, hard packed beach for bike riding and walking for miles, awesome stores and restaurants easy biking distance and bike lanes on street roads! Wow. Happy Camping from The Travyl Couple! You can access our YouTube channel/Instagram and Facebook from our website www.travylcouple.com

Amazing

This place is beautiful! The $5 charge is worth it and more. This location packs fishing, camping, partying, playgrounds, waterpark, and a massive grilling area. You can rent canoes, kayaks, or bring your own. Do some geocaching or hiking while you're at it.

Close to beach, hike, bike, camp & tan

Mountain biking trails, hiking trails are short but sweet, fishing lake and off shore, walking distance to beach, lots of parking. Clean restrooms, showers, campstore. Can get crowded. Not a lot of privacy.

The Jewel of Jax

The first thing you should be aware of upon entry of this campground is that you may have to deal with some of the slowest park "rangers" you'll ever encounter. Once you've navigated this obstacle (and my sympathy for having had to deal with this, I know your pain all too well) you're in for a treat if you love trees and beaches and dunes, oh my. I've been camping here in tents, and now my own little RV, for the past 20 years, and I've still not explored every inch of the park.

My favorite part actually has nothing to do with the park, (The Poles surf spot located in Hanna is the best in North Florida) it's just an added bonus that the campground is here. And it's the best campground in which I've ever stayed. With full hookups and a multitude of sites to choose from, from totally private to right up in it with everyone. I love them all for their own reasons, and I've stayed in most!

The park is huge, with the best hiking trails in Florida IMO, a water park for the kids that adults not-so-sneakily enjoy themselves, shelters everywhere you need them, and ample parking throughout. Bring your bikes, my son learned to ride his here in the campground. The trails are excellent and range from beginner to advanced/expert. There's truly something for everyone here. If you don't love this park, you're doing it wrong.

Local favorite

Great local spot in May port village. Lots of beach, fishing, bike trails are the best…

Pleasant Surprise

Despite being in a dense Urban area, this campground a natural oasis. Beach close by - walking distance on park roads/paths. Nice lake (no swimming). Full hookups. Better for medium to small rigs. The big guys often have trouble on narrow roads within park. We had ATT and Verizon, and lots of over the air TV. Laundry available. Park can be a bit zooey on the weekends.

Family Friendly Campground

So much to do here, so close to the beach. Great camp store which lots of goodies. Clean bathrooms and showers, and fun trails! Also, great shaded camp sites!

Great! Shady sites! Water options!

We really enjoyed our stay. Our campsite was shady, clean and everyone was friendly. Close to the ocean, easy walk to the beach, I found a sharks tooth on the beach for my grandson. Fishing availed too.

Woods, Lake, Beach, Trails what more can you ask for?

Camped in site 141 - Pull thru sites with Full hook up in a 24' Travel Trailer. Just a stones throw from a huge lake for kayaking and fishing. Short 10 minute walk to 2 miles of private beach. 6 miles of hiking trails and over 20 miles of Biking Trails. Just a short 15 minutes from Downtown Jacksonville and Jacksonville Beach! Full Camp store with Kayak and Bike Rentals.

Some sites are small- close together but Row I, J and K are the best!!

Amazing Surf and Great Trails

This place has everything you want for adventure. There are challenging trails, gorgeous beaches, and a great surf. We have had friends get married here and other friends move in with their RVs. If you go bike riding or trail walking, make sure to pay attention to the signs for the direction you should head on that particular day… and beware trail z.