Fires Unknown
About Bahia Honda State Park - Buttonwood
Bahia Honda State Park - Buttonwood is located in Florida
2 Reviews of Bahia Honda State Park - Buttonwood
Beautiful camping

One of my favorite places in the Florida keys. The scenery is pristine. Very full most of the time it takes a few months in advance to get a spot sometimes a year out.

Beautiful!

This was my first time visiting Bahia Honda State Park. I had previously attempted to make reservations here over the course of what seems like the last two years but the popularity of the park and being shut down after Hurricane Irma had given me trouble. However, I did manage to snag a two night stay here this year and believe me it didn’t disappoint. I stayed in site 34 on the first night and site 11 on the second night. All in all the sites were spacious and the temporary bathhouse facility was kept very clean. The beach wasn’t too crowded and the crystal clear water left nothing to the imagination while we had our kayaks out. We also managed to enjoy the short walk up to the old Henry Flagler Bridge lookout over the island. That site is a must see! If I could ever grab another reservation here I would in a heart beat since it’s only a 6 hour drive from my place in Orlando.