Tallahassee, FLORIDA

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Tallahassee Camping Reviews
One night

I showed up at 4:30pm, not expecting much. They had a couple of spots. I picked one that was a little more expensive but worth it. Bathroom area was clean and well lit. The shower room locked and had a working heater, bonus. The sun set was pretty, another bonus.

Great little stop.

I was just passing through and stayed here.

Great people.

Would use again

Do not have information on activities but great stop over.

Remote and quiet

Set back in palms and live oak, the campground is private with some sites very private and others not at all. The best sites seemed to be #7-9 and #18-21 as they have the best privacy, are close to the river, and are completely set back from the main loop. Sites closest to the bathroom have to contend with hearing the bathhouse fan (although light from the bathroom didn't seem to be an issue). Unfortunately I ended up with the last sight available, #26, right next to the end of the bathrooms with the fan. Good thing I travel with earplugs. On the plus side, my site was a pull through so coming and going was very simple.

There are some really nice trails along both the Ochlockonee and Dead Rivers, as well as a pretty scenic drive that is "paved" with wood chips, which makes it perfect for hiking. While I didn't see any gators, there were signs warning about them. I did see several deer, a raccoon, and some lizards.

Town is about twenty minutes away if you need anything. There are several bars and restaurants as well as an IGA grocery. You can even find services offering boat rentals.

Small, secluded, inexpensive

With our senior discount this was $10/night for electric, water, flush toilets and hot showers! Boat ramp near by, seemed to attract a lot of fisherman. Some boat noise on the lake, but ok at night. One site of noisy locals for several nights. No hiking trails. Back in gravel sites under trees and pull through sites along the outside of the loop road. Rv dump near the entrance. Definitely will be back when we are in the area. I think the other review may be for East Bank because there are only 11 Sites here at River Junction. Also as of Oct 2019, it is closed from April 1 to Oct 1.

Awesome

Excellent campground. Very clean. Unfortunately, due to hurricane Michael last year, 80% of their trees were destroyed. Camp host, Art, was wonderful! Loved the park, near the water. Very peaceful.

Tourist park

Clean and neat. No dirt to be found. Across hwy from beach. Nice, tight TV resort. Not my cup of tea.

Waterfront camping at its best

This was our second visit to this beautiful COE park. Due to the warm weather there were many sites available to us in early August. We were able to get a waterfront site with a long gravel drive, picnic table and fire pit. There are a variety of sites available depending on your preference for sun or shade. The campground hosts were very friendly and helpful. The campground has electric and water at each site with a dump station available. There is a boat launch and a very nice fish cleaning hut near the dump station to process your catch. The restrooms and showers were clean. We happened to be there during May fly season so there were a lot of bugs. We even saw a deer while out for a walk.

Nice lake

They are still recovering from hurricane Michael but most activities are up. RR's and showers are nice and clean. Be careful driving south because GPS will have you going down some dirt roads

Lots of homeless