Yurts
Equestrian
About Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground

4 types of campsites accommodate everything from tents to 45-foot and longer RVs, with a maximum of 10 Guests per site. Each campsite is equipped with privacy-enhancing landscaping, water, cable television and electrical hook-ups, a picnic table and a charcoal grill. Most campsites also include a sewer hook-up, and some even permit pets.

Price
$55.00 - $340.00
Private
Hike In
Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground is located in Florida
51 Reviews of Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
Below expectations...

The bathrooms are pretty nice, as is the pool we went to. Camp sites do not have burn rings, are close together and not private. Everything needs reservations though and the pick up and drop off times for the golf carts are very inconvenient. The arcade at the facility by the ferry was awful. Games not working and taking money, things falling apart, other games malfunctioning. Needless to say that was very unfortunate for our 9 year old and us after we put twenty some dollars on an arcade card for a bunch of broken games. Really for the price and location, I was pretty disappointed. It is a glorified, needing of updating and maintenance, overpriced campground because of its affiliation. Put this out in the country or somewhere lesser known and it’d get 5/6 stars out of 10; all day long. But it is still the cheapest way to stay at Disney.

Great campground, but needs to be bigger

I have been camping in Fort Wilderness since 1972. We used to pull up to the check-in and get any loop we wanted. Always picked Loop 100, 200 or 400. Now when you want to stay there it's hard to get in at all. The rates went crazy, as a Florida resident I can stay in one of the hotels just about the same price and they make my bed. At one time if you owned Disney Stock you could stay for half price on non blackout times. Bought 6 shares and then they quit that program. I would rate it 5 stars except it being hard to get in anymore. I have reservations for September and will enjoy it. Wish they would double the size of it.

Close to the magic

Gets filled quickly. Fun place and cost effective way to enjoy Disney Magic.  Everything you need is there…

Fantastic

Make sure to go to the Hoopty doo review dinner show!

This is penultimate “camping”

We think this the best way to experience WDW. It is supremely organized and amazingly clean. The comfort stations are high end. The spaces are surprisingly spacious. There are different levels of site amenities, but all are terrific. Do yourself a favor and book the premium. (RV) It is all hard surface and level. The lesser priced sites are all level too but use a crushed shell material that track all over in your RV. Full hookups are of course available, along with cable TV, and wired internet. Two pools, two stores, two restaurants. Take a boat to MK. DO NOT miss the Hoop-De-Do show at the lake end of the campground. You get all the perks of staying at a hotel resort here, but sleep in your own bed. Make your reservations as far in advance as possible to get the dates you want. Check in is fun even if there is a line. Rent a golf cart, you’ll be sorry if you don’t, the campground is gigantic.

It’s Disney

What can I say, everything is just about right, except the price. We went over Easter (spring break) and it was too busy. But it was clean and the staff is awesome. They were really helpful.

Best time camping

I’ve been camping my entire life in the woods in New England or out west in northern Nevada. But Disney camping or “glamping” is a first for me and so much fun! My first time at Disney and camping at Disney was for my honeymoon two years ago and now we go back every year with our son. It’s really an amazing experience.

There's nowhere like Disney

I know, I know, before you start the "that's not camping, it's Disney"… Okay, yes, it's Disney, but it's not like visiting anything else on Disney property. You don't feel like you're at Walt Disney World, with thousands of other people. We reserved one site, and had 5 adults and 3 kids staying there comfortably. Two tents and two cars and we still had room around the fire pit and picnic table.

It is surprisingly quiet at night, considering the size and amount of kids running around. The amenities are endless. You really can just stay within the campground and not visit the Parks and have a great time. From horseback riding to hiking, canoeing, fishing and boating, there is so much to do! One of my favorite things that I have been doing since I was a kid is going to watch a movie under the stars. They do it every night and have free s'mores for the kids and Chip n Dale come to meet them. It's really a fun night, for young and old.

There are a couple of restaurants and little general stores with basic groceries, so they really make it so you have everything you need.

Being Disney, it's a bit higher than your average campground, but the amenities and perks make up for it. Should you choose to include the Parks, you can take advantage of Extra Magic Hours, with free transportation throughout Disney property.

It really is a magical place!

We love it!

It’s so much fun! If you bring kids make sure you bring bikes and scooters! The Chip and Dale thing they have is great! Roast marshmallows and dance with Chip and Dale. You can bring your golf cart or rent one. There are horses and pony rides. We love the Mickey backyard BBQ if we can afford it. Little kids love dancing with the characters. And all you can eat and drink plus wine and beer. The kids would rather camp there than go to the crowded park.

Awesome family time. Did not do parks just camped so much to do and so fun

Transportation is available but we rented a golf cart and took our bikes!! Lots to see and do. Will be returning