Camping in Tusayan

100 Reviews of 16 Tusayan Campgrounds

CC C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 17, 2022

Saddleback- peaceful camping

Great spot, lots of camping spots well spaced out, many with established fire pits. Very little road noise at night, and gorgeous sunrises and sunsets. T-mobile , 2 bars 5G service.

• Play button icon
Sitenear trailhead
Month of VisitFebruary
Savannah M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 9, 2022

Not jaw dropping but nice!

This spot is kinda like camping back home. Trees all around you and no absolutely breathtaking views but still super peaceful! Long road with quite a few pull offs. Sites were separated enough for privacy but still close enough to feel safe!

Month of VisitFebruary
Laura C.
Reviewed Dec. 24, 2021

Right outside GCNP

Only ran into one other vehicle camping here. Not even 10 mins outside the park. Road was easy for my two wheel car to access and enough tree coverage for privacy

Pretty Amazing!

It's very quiet and peaceful here. I have AT&T and get 5 bars. It's a bit of a drive for supplies and gasoline but not too bad. The dirt roads here are decent.

• Grey Sunset
    Play button icon
  • Lots of Room!
Connor N.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Dec. 9, 2021

Nice boondocking spot close to Grand Canyon NP south entrance

Spent 4 nights in early December. Road in was fairly smooth with minor washboard, and sites were relatively easy to identify. Verizon service was fair, averaging 2 bars 4GLTE during our stay. The night sky was amazing and we even saw a group of wild/feral horses at one point! There was a stone fire…

SiteSites not numbered
James L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Dec. 6, 2021

Peaceful December Stay

The spot was very easy to find and the best part was we felt like we had the whole place to ourselves!

Very quiet and pretty cold at night but it warms up quick when the sunrises.

Dana W.
Reviewed Dec. 5, 2021

Remote and worth the treck

I went here in December and it was super quiet. I saw one other couple camping here. Cell signal on VZ is poor but manageable if that's a concern. A vehicle with ground clearance is definitely needed since you will drive here via forest roads. Awesome views and away from the tourists.

Blake V.
Reviewed Nov. 28, 2021

Quiet but busy

The trees here are very thin so you can see quite far. Many spots down this road so you can have your pick but you can see everyone. From our spot you can see 5 cars, and we are hundreds of yards apart. Otherwise it's very quiet.

PThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 15, 2021

Perfect

Easy to get to, lots of space, sites of all sizes! Make sure you go deep enough to see all the dispersed sites, there are plenty of them. Enough space in between to keep things private and its not a far hop to town if you need something.

Abby M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 12, 2021

Loved staying here!

I stayed here for 3 nights and it sure was peaceful! You are just 1 mile from town and 3 miles from the South Rim entrance. There are at least 50 sites to pick from, just turn down a little dirt road and you’ll find them all! During my stay, I saw a cow, 2 wild horses and an elk. Coyotes howling in…

BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 6, 2021

Free camping near GCNP

Free camping along the rode, we passed about 10 people before coming to a spot from GCNP. Camped next to the watch tower. Our spot was close to road so lacked toilet privacy, but the other spots were farther off the road. Perfect spot to camp and drive 5 minutes into GCNP.

• zoomed in photo of nearest camper, couldn’t tell at night besides small light from fire.
  • watch tower on maps.
Katy S.
Reviewed Nov. 2, 2021

Dispersed camping outside Grand Canyon. Secluded.

This place was great. The road is right outside the GC south rim entrance. As others have said, you won't start seeing campsites until AFTER the stable. If I didn't know that, I would have called it a bust and turned around. We arrived on a Wednesday night and passed several cars/RV's before…

Month of VisitNovember
Cassidy M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 25, 2021

It Worked Out

I had planned on camping on FR 328, but I had also planned on arriving much earlier than I did! I passed by Bedrock City (old Flinstone theme park) and felt there was no option but to go in. I wasn’t too worried as it was a Sunday evening, but upon arriving at 328 it was completely full! I then…

• Play button icon