Camping in Islay

Recent Yurts Reviews Near Islay, Wyoming

92 Reviews of 11 Islay, Wyoming Campgrounds

Aakansha J.

Fine free spot

This is a free campground which is great, but it’s super close to the main road with not much coverage. Super primitive. Good for a pit stop but you don’t want to spend many days here.

RThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2021

Nice clean campground. Kid friendly. Dog friendly. Only reason for 4 stars is the highway noise from I80.

TThe Dyrt PRO User

Close to the expressway

If you need convenience it is right off the expressway. It is a bit noisy. But very clean and convenient! Nice staff!!

Paul Z.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2021

Mountain Lake Peace and Charm

First time to Dowdy Lake and I've fallen in love with this campground. It's so peaceful here. The lake is beautiful. The sound of birds and the wind going through the trees is so calming.

Some technical notes. There is no dump station and I noted on the water hydrants that filling RV potable…

SiteUnit 56
kimberly K.
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2021

Fields, dirt roads, and mountain

Camping sites a good distance from each other. Sites clean and firewood all around. Creek to dip your feet in and trails to hike on.

Siteright on the dirt on, many to choose from
AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 18, 2021

Perfect spot

Well maintained campground. Very quiet, even when full. Bathrooms were incredibly clean. Big picnic table, bear-proof food box, close to river.

Jennifer S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Amazing Rock Formations

Vedauwoo is easily accessible off I80. Many sites to choose from of all different sizes. But the best thing about this campground are the opportunities! Amazing rock formations, hiking, rock climbing for all skill levels. We came in on a early Sunday evening & had plenty of options. We will be…

Kelsey C.
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2021

Quaint Quiet Camp Ground

This camp ground seems so underrated. While it doesn’t boast views of the mountains as much as other places, it’s a great quiet place to get some lake time!

Sites are very easy to pull into/out of. We had electric hook ups. Camp sites are not super level, but there is plenty of space.

The lake…

d
Reviewed Jun. 5, 2021

Family fun

Our 3 kids had a great weekend

S
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

Excellent KOA

This a great campground. Excellent Staff and amenities on site. The lake is great for catch and release. Grounds are well maintained no observed litter on the property. Walking path around the lake keeps our puppies very happy for exploring.

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

Rocks and stuff

Legit spot if you are into climbing or not! Campsites are very spacious; at least the back in site that we had. Had a moose run through camp. Was a bit chilly and water wasn’t on yet, but I won’t mark it down for that. Would absolutely recommend.

Maria M.
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Now we know

Now we know why it's so hard to get a spot at this campground. Not only is the lake beautiful, the sites are well maintained, the bathrooms are clean, and the fishing is good!

C
Reviewed Nov. 27, 2020

Great Stop for 1 night!

Great stop for 1 night. Had our reservation ready and had no issues. Not somewhere I’d go for long, but nice for a stop along 80!

Morgan Y.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 13, 2020

Vedauwoo Dispersed

This review is for the abundant dispersed camping, not the two official camping loops.

I love this place. With an asterisk. This seven mile dirt road is filled with sprouts of other dirt roads that is stunningly beautiful and fairly quiet. Beautiful spots to camp and you can tuck yourself away…

KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 12, 2020

Great stop over

This is a great stopover on the way to something. I say stopover because you can hear the traffic of I80 from the campsite at all hours of the night. Major road for truckers. It’s far enough away that most sleepers can tune it out. But if your a light sleeper like me, it will periodically wake you…