Devils Tower National Monument, WYOMING

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Devils Tower National Monument Camping Reviews
Great experience!

Pool, close encounters of the third kind on big screen outside at night with the tower behind it. Nice store. Good clean bathrooms/showers.

Not usually a fan of Chain Campgrounds

…but if you're planning on visiting Devil's Tower, this is a great choice. We got a basic spot with a firepit, but we just enjoyed the festivities around the Close Encounters 40th Anniversary viewing. All those people there and we were the only ones to have gotten there taking the same journey as Dreyfuss' Roy character. (Indiana to Devil's Tower, and in a Station Wagon, no less) The wagon has been dubbed "Roy" ever since. Clean bathrooms as well as the grounds in general. Good pricing too, considering everything.

Spectacular View

Stayed here 1 night on a 5 week long canning trip. That night, a thunderstorm in the distance lit up spectacular fireworks behind the view of Devil's Tower, perfectly viewed from the campground. Not a lot of amenities here, but good showers and it was a quiet location.

Amazing view of a natural wonder

Devil's tower has some of the most unique rock climbing we've ever experienced. And the adorable prairie dogs were an added bonus! Main downside of the campground in the summer is that there isn't much shade. Still five stars, as the facilities are very clean and the short driving distance to the tower is really convenient.

Beautiful park

Close to highway easy on and off from hiway Nice level sites Friendly folks

Expensive

$750 monthly rate. Sewer hook up, water, and electric are the only amenities on site, unless you’re close enough to the WiFi. The water spigots stick up 2’ above the ground and you’re told if you don’t want it to freeze you’ll need to heat trace and insulate it at your own expense. I showed up mid October and the bathhouse is closed for the season. The campground is conveniently located between a highway and a railway, both are highly active.

Beautiful setting, clean and well appointed.

I'll definitely be staying at this campground on my next visit to the Black Hills. Very nice for tent camping or boondocking with a small trailer. If you are looking for full RV hookups, they do have them but the RV sites are a bit tighter than I might prefer.

So close you could almost touch it

Went off-season (early October) and was able to take my pick of sore’s from the nearly-empty location.

Bathrooms were open. At the tower itself, both visitor centers were closed, though rangers were present.

Note: registration is available on-site via cash or check only. To use a credit/debit card, you must pay at the entrance station. Take the placard they give you (or the stub from the envelope if you pay at the site) and attach it to the pole next to your campsite.

Nice campsite

Not many tent sites, but decent amount of space. Some shade. Very clean bathrooms and showers. Nice pool area. Convenient off the interstate. Good location.

A magical snow globe

I stayed for 2 nights in the off season. When I called ahead the hosts said it was on them due to the off season and said to enjoy the space. Very very lovey people. It was like as if I had walked into a wonderland of nature. The day was beyond perfect and the space was magical. I cannot recommend this place enough. Hands down the best camping spot I have ever been too. If you get the chance it’s beyond worth it to stay here. The space is nature at its best. I will be coming back as soon as I am able.