Laramie, WYOMING

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Laramie Camping Reviews
Last minute save

We needed a stop on the way out of Colorado and grabbed a quick night here in a tent site. Water was off for weather but stoves made much needed coffee in the cold.

4 days car repair

Nice clean campground. Filled propane tanks, picked up trash at site, and nice camp store. Enjoyed the pool and shuttle to attractions. Safe family environment.

Awesome host

Nice little campground,  friendly host, great ATV roads, hiking.

In a pinch

September 28th, 2019 Just roaming around and decided to revisit Poudre Canyon when I found most of the NFS campgrounds closed… Taking my chances I continued up the canyon until I found this place. The owner was closing up for the season but showed me the tent pads. The view from the east tent area faces down the canyon and is nice. They have trailers and pop ups to stay in if anyone wants more comfortable accommodations. This place has showers and toilets… there’s a convenience store across the street. This was the only spot where my cell phone worked in the canyon. Nice location. Nice owner. Nice view. 3 stars!

Nice place to visit

We like this campground ⛺️ but very cold can’t sleep much

Stargazing, amazing

Curt Gowdy State Park, Cheyenne Wyoming

Located between Laramie and Cheyenne, about 25 miles to each. We stayed at the Tumbleweed Campground. If you enjoy stargazing,  you'll be amazed. There are no campground lights to interfere and campers keep lights to a minimum. We had a cloudless clear sky to enjoy the heavens. One of the most awesome night skys I've seen. Would love to be here for meteor showers!

This area has electric and water. The sites are gravel and mostly level. Each site is totally separate with great views of the reservoir. There's a nice picnic table and firepit. Vault toilets. Really nice tiled showers (takes quarters) and flush toilets are available 24/7 at the Visitor Center up the road. Boondock and tent campgrounds also available.  Staff super friendly. Camp store has the basics. Nice mountain bike and hiking trails. Popular intermediate hike to waterfall, 4 miles rounddtrip. Fishing, picnicking, kids play areas.

Nice spot to Recouperate

We stopped here on the final leg of our journey.  They had adequate hookups and sewer cleanout station.  This was a great way to close out our trip and get our systems flushed out for parking.

Bonus: the local Walmart had our favorite Ice cream brand Blue Bell.

Not just a Campground

I highly recommend looking at the website. Lots to do here. Pet friendly. Laundry room, showers, market available. A steakhouse right next door. Definitely would stick to chain restaurants if you’re wanting a steak though. Or any food for that matter. It’s definitely gorgeous here.

Beautiful lake. Very peaceful. Campground host was wonderful. Campground is clean. The Free Birds- #livefree www.livefreebirds.com IG: thefreebirdsrv

Hidden Gem

Small campground by creek. Lots of room between sites. Very pretty location. -The Free Birds RV- https://livefreebirds.com IG: thefreebirdsrv