About Jenny Lake Campground

This small campground is a few hundred yards from the east shore of Jenny Lake. The campground straddles a glacial moraine covered with an open forest of lodgepole pine, subalpine fir and Douglas fir. Across the lake, Teewinot Mountain, Cascade Canyon and Mount St. John dominate the landscape. No trailers, campers, or generators are allowed. Vehicles cannot be over 8 feet high or 14 feet long. Maximum allowed per site is two tents, one vehicle, and six guests for up to 7 nights.

ADA Access: The Jenny Lake Campground has two loops with 49 individual campsites and 10 hiker and bicycler sites. Three campsites are ADA compliant. Tent camping only – vehicles over eight feel high, trailers, cab-over campers, and raised pop-tops on vans are prohibited. Payphone is available at the campground kiosk. Routes to the amphitheater are not wheelchair accessible. The trail is uneven gravel and rocks with vegetation encroaching on the path. A campground host is onsite.

National Park
Hike In
Jenny Lake Campground is located in Wyoming
Directions
Heading north from Jackson on US 26/89/191, turn left (west) at Moose Junction and continue eight miles north to South Jenny Lake Junction. Turn left (west) into the developed area. Heading south from Yellowstone on US 89/191/287, turn right (southwest) at Jackson Lake Junction and continue 12 miles south to South Jenny Lake Junction. Turn right (west) into the developed area.
37 Reviews of Jenny Lake Campground
gorgeous view, bears make it to much work.

Absolutely beautiful place to camp and that's about it for me here. If you want a spot show up at 6 AM and take a nap until 8 AM when it opens to let you go get a site. If you don't do this you will not get a spot. Their is only one bathroom in the entire campground its O.K. no showers at all. I'm the camper that likes to set things up and enjoy the actual camp site. I like to set up a good eating cook out area and enjoy a lot of food and hanging out. I'm not the bare minimum next to nothing eating out of an MRE camper. That being said the amount of cleaning and putting every thing away for the bears is way to much work and made the camping not fun at all. I don't blame the bears or anything else it was a lot more than I anticipated.

I would recommend using a camper not tent camping if you camp like me. If you're the bare minimum camper its perfect for you. I recommend this campsite though just absolutely beautiful place to be.

Snowy late May trip

I’ve stayed at this campground before and always enjoy it. Great area of the park with trails close by. Lots of scenery, water and wildlife opportunities! I will go back again

Beautiful and Clean

We had to wait until 5pm to get an open ADA site because the rest were full, but boy was it WORTH IT. This campground was beautiful and lush. No showers only toilets but our site was paved (ADA) and we even had a group of black bears come through! Short distance to Jenny and String lake. Lots of close hiking. Bathrooms were clean with plugs to charge phones and whatnot. Only stayed one night but had a great experience!

First and foremost, very family friendly.

The easy accessible camp sites, the beautiful views, the blueberry skies to the emerald country side. There is something for everyone.

Piece of heaven!

Incredible tent only campground only a short & easy hike away from Jenny Lake. Since it’s first-come, first-served with only 50 sites, you have to get there early to claim your site - especially in the summer. We got very lucky and had a wonderful site (#34) with a view of the mountains just below the tent pads. The site is large and had several balanced rock stacks around it, adding to its peacefulness. The clearing down below has a wonderful flat boulder where our boys played cards and watched for the elk that would frequent the clearing. Hosts were incredibly friendly and gracious, stopping to chat often.

Great camping in Grand Teton National Park

I camped here as part of my National Park hiking trip to Grand Teton National Park. It was a quiet campground close to hiking at Jenny Lake. The campsites were first come and filled up quickly. Like most national park campgrounds, there were not showers, but flush toilets were available. This was a great place to camp while hiking the national park.

Jenny Lake in the Tetons

No RVs, only tents. Raised gravel beds for tenting and bear lockers on sites. Very close camping quarters, still decent basic amenities with bathrooms. No showers.

Best campground in Grand Teton!

Great views, access to trails, relatively private and quiet!

Best campground in the park

Incredible views. Can walk to boat launch area. Take the boat across for some insane hikes and views of waterfalls. Get there super early and you will get a site.

Mountain View

Jenny Lake campground is a first come first served campsite. We showed up early and went and found a campsite without a mountain view. Turns out we came too early since all the mountain view sites were packing up to leave instead of unpacking. It turns out that the mountain view is not actually what you want. The wind howls deep and frequent and tore through many of those sites unless they were properly prepared for wind. We had an opening thru the other side of the tree line and our site was mildly windy, moreso at night. Day time temperatures were very warm, but nights were closer to freezing. We camped here middle of June and the early morning had snow drifting off the storms above the mountains. We were unprepared for the temperatures dropping that low. There are no showers at this campground. Be prepared to run across deer in there, I was not prepared on my groggy way back from the bathroom at 7am and was very shocked. I would have been in trouble had it been a scarier animal. The trail around Jenny Lake was the most grounding experience I've ever experienced. I dream of the chance of getting back her to repeat. The mountains are so beautiful, you have a hard time believing it's not a painting. The campground staff was very helpful and did frequent rounds to ensure everyone was complying to campsite rules. The sites are not too close, unless you want mountain view. There is a paved path that can lead you to the visitor's center. Be sure to do the ENTIRE path of Jenny Lake, but be prepared for an all day adventure!