the dyrt
National Park Service
Gros Ventre - Grand Teton National Park is located in Wyoming
38 Reviews of Gros Ventre - Grand Teton National Park
WIDE OPEN SPACES

318 sites. 36 electric sites. wide open spaces between you and your neighbors. Moose in the campground almost daily. Friendly, knowledgeable staff. Open May to October.

Best trip ever

I went out to Wyoming a couple of summers ago, and honestly it was one of the most amazing trips I have ever been on. I stayed with some friends from college in Gros Ventre campground. There were a whole bunch of us spread out over 3 sites, but the staff was very accommodating and helped us find three sites that were all connected.

The sites themselves are great. Pretty secluded from the other campers, which I love. The campground has clean drinking water and is located next to a river if you need to wash off. No showers though, so it really feels like you're roughing it.

The campground is located only about 20 minutes from the town of Jackson Hole. The place made me want to never leave Wyoming. The town has some cute coffee shops, a bouldering wall downtown, and awesome stores for outdoor enthusiasts.

The camp is also located only about 20 minutes from Grand Teton National Park. If you've never been to Wyoming, you can't imagine how beautiful this place is in the summer. Wildflowers everywhere, and once you get far enough into the park it feels like you're somewhere no other people have ever been. The stars are crazy bright and the mountains are unreal. Definitely one of my favorite national parks. I would highly recommend taking a backpacking trip through the Tetons or doing some rock climbing.

One of my all time favorite campgrounds and favorite places.

Beautiful Campground to feel at one with Nature

Upon arrival at Gros Ventre Campground we were greeted by two very friendly and informative hosts. After picking our campsite, we decided to switch- which was no problem at all.

The views, and surrounding area were absolutely breathtaking. A female moose walked right behind our site, and the bison were in herds on the campground the morning we left.

Would highly reccomend for anyone camping in the Teton Area.

Favorite site

Went on a week long at trip to Yellowstone and the tetons and this was my favorite site During our trip. Lots of space between campsites, decent bathrooms along with amazing views make for a great campsite. There are a few group sites, and firewood for sale along with safe food storage and garbages.

Off the beaten path

Gros Ventre has hundreds of campsites inside Grand Teton National Park and is not usually full. Only one loop has electric hookups and these sites are narrow and limited. Other sites are more suitable for tents or campers or vans. There are a number of other sites OK for RVs including trailers but generators are limited.

Moose may be seen in the early season. Its an easy drive into Kackson or the rest of GTNP.fair prices too, and a few group sites available by reservat. All the rest of the sites are first come, first served.

Coffee with a View

We enjoyed 2 nights at this campground. These are first come sites and we arrived on a Tuesday in mid August, no problem. Clean flush toilets. Fire ring had a lot of dried grass around it and we were hesitant to build a fire. Wonderful scenic drives!!

Beautiful sights and great location

This campground was in a gorgeous location with access to the river as well as lots of wildlife-we saw a deer and a moose in the three days we stayed! With built in bear boxes as well as campfire grate for each site and parking for typically two cars as well no generator loops, tent, trailer, and RV camping are available. The tricky part is that a few of the sites don’t have easy access to the bathrooms (no showers but bath/food cleanup dump sink) but overall, one of the most beautiful places we’ve stayed. Can get a little loud during the nights should you stay over a holiday weekend like we did, and the campground was full but I wouldn’t expect that normally.

Service Road Access!

This is one of the best service roads in Wyoming, as far as I’m concerned. On the drive you pass such a beautiful scenery of the red hills & you basically drive on the side of the mountain. There are multiple paid campsites available, I believe 3 in total but there are a heap of dispersed campsites as well. We happened to stay at one on a road labeled “Taylor ranch” there is also a couple cabins for summer home rent, but if you keep going you’ll find private campsites that are dispersed and free! We stayed right on the beach of Slide Lake. The only downside to my specific site was that there is public access to the beach. We were often awoken by rowdy passerby-ers and chose to leave shortly after. If you drive further down the service road you’ll pass Crystal Creek which is about 10 miles in. Back there you won’t be bothered! However if you don’t mind talking to a couple people who walk through your site then this site is for you!

There is electrical here.... We opted for a dry site

10:30 am and found a site without reservations. No frills, small site, but we are just staying a night.

Great location!

This was a good campground to stay at for easy access to the Tetons. I even heard wolves one morning! The bathrooms were basic but kept clean.