Bridger-Teton National Forest, WYOMING
Camping Wyoming Bridger-Teton National Forest
Most Recent Bridger-Teton National Forest Camping Reviews
MIxture of semi raw to basic conviences

THE MID campground at Fremont Lake,  just outside of Pinedale, WY. (Green River lakes, New Fork lake, Willow Lake, Fremont lake, Half Moon and Boulder lake::

the 6 larger, glacial cut lakes  in Pinedale area, all 7500 to 8000

Elv).

The. Mid Campground and boat launch area at Fremont Lake has about 52 units, although it seems freq. Under modification by the USFS…

Narrow paved, pull thru and back in sites., on hillside not far above the lake.  Interspaced water available,  but "community"  not per site use.   toilets under upgrade.   Lots of shade in the pines.    Boat launching with care at campground, also being improved.

Tables and firepits all sites.

This is a good place to base out of when fishing the Pinedale area, and is fairly close to town for supplies.

FREMONT LAKE is about 9 miles

long,  and fishing can be good or spotty for MACS, & BOWS

It is primarily a trolling lake and not much on Bank fishing, Fremont is around 600ft deep and relatively narrow.

Usually FS has large trash disposals at campground exit.

finding a level pull thru almost non e x istant.

Raw

Hardly could be called a campground,  a few lakeside (if Lake not high) picnic tables, a few fire rings.  A little shade at lakes edge from Aspens.  Sage country typ.  Very little use,  Willow lake at times can be great from boat, for nice Macs and some bows.

Use extreme lower end, flooded prairie for bows, and occ. Browns. Use subsurface bars, (cut thru glacial terminal moraines for Macs).

NO dock but good sandy beach areas right at campsites for mooring.  A long, typical area glacial cut fiord type lake.

Very little pressure.  A short shelf road, cimbs up to lake and down again to the lake.  Take it easy this is a 1 track road. Cross your fingers and hope nobody tearing up from the other side.

Very peaceful, quiet, clean lake water.  Not terribly windy.

Awesome dispersed camping spot!

I camped here during a Snake River float trip. Easy to get to launch quickly and close proximity to Alpine WY where you can pick up supplies. There are no amenities at the campground. It is just across the Idaho/Wyoming boarder and on the banks of the Palisades Reservoir. There are trees along the banks. Only fire pits available. No tables, bathrooms, nothing. So please practice good camping etiquette and pack out everything. Gets pretty

Beautiful, Isolated, Great Views!

We pulled in on a Saturday night, in the middle of August, when every campsite in Yellowstone, West Yellowstone, and Teton NP were full. This place was empty, and you can't be the view of the Get one and the Buffalo River. Two minute walk down to the river, and the sites were very clean. Primitive, and the ground was a bit uneven, but, again, my wife, my three boys, and I loved every inch of of it.

Somewhat off the beaten path...

This campground is away from the busier and more crowded campsites in the area. There are no hookups but there are water spigots throughout. Upon arriving, campers are directed (by signage) to go find a spot, park, and then come back up and register.

The lower loop is for tents and car campers (no generators allowed) and the upper loop is for RVs and generators are allowed between 8am-8pm. Each site has a picnic table and bear-proof storage container. The campground hosts are friendly and you can pay them directly instead of dropping it in the container. Camp sites are $30/day for RV sites - you should bring exact fees if you intend to drop in the container (not sure if camp hosts would give you change - I'm thinking they would); however, if it is after hours you are required to pay within 30 minutes of finding your site. Larger RVs would have a more difficult time finding a site - I had a 15ft teardrop camper and I "just" fit. There are restrooms throughout the campground and you can buy firewood and ice from the camp hosts.

It was pretty quiet throughout the day and night and not a lot of drive through traffic. The lake is only about a 5min walk down the road and is beautiful and quiet (this was oddly the only place I could get full cell signal with AT&T service). You definitely need bug spray - the mosquitos are fairly prevalent in the camp area. This is a great location if you are trying to hit multiple National Parks (central to both Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks). It's still close enough to other camp areas that if you needed anything, it's just a short drive 8mi in either direction. Views are fantastic and there are pull-offs all along the road for photo and picnic opportunities.

Oasis below the dam

Nice little place. Stay limit is 14 days. They have pull through electric sites, Several non-electric back in sites, and a few sites next to the Snake River. If you want to dump at the dump site, make sure you have your paper to prove you are or did stay at the park or they will charge you $5 to dump your black tank. They will also charge for filling fresh water if you don’t have your paid site stub.

Great spot

Two loops with plenty of nice sites . Clean and well taken care of. Highly recommend

Big reward for rough road in

Be sure to throttle it way down into low gear as the long in road is really rough! If you like remote with at least the basics of picnic tables, bear boxes, and fire pits, this is your place. The sites next to the creek are the nicest and most level, and all have bear boxes (and notices about mandatory food storage). While I didn't see any bears, there were quite a few mule deer in the meadow in the evening., and I had to kick elk scat out of my tent space before set up.The vault toilet was clean enough, but could have been better. The campground is very close to Granite Creek Hot Springs, a pool type hot spring with a fee to swim instead of a natural hot spring pool. Word is that there were some pools at the base of the falls, but I wan't up for the hike or the very cold fording of the "creek" as it was very full with spring runoff. The manager let me hop in to test the water (too cool for real enjoyment according to him), and didn't charge me when I got out after just 15 minutes. The whole time I was in the pool he was regaling a couple with his story of a grizzly killing an elk calf the week before a few miles away. He was quite the story teller, and had the video on his phone to prove it. It was a "grizzly" tale.

Better than Yellowstone

Well kept campground. Gravel area for tents. Beautiful views. We saw moose, bear,foxes, and elk nearby. Market, laundry mat, and showers very close. Four stars

Beautiful views of Tetons

Wow I have fallen in love with this campground. We stayed in the Rv area with full hook-ups and a good sized site which was gravel with a picnic bench and surrounded by shade. There was no fire pit but they did offer some close to the beach which is a minute away from our campsite. The only WiFi and cell service is at the bar and laundry area but it’s kind of nice to just step away from them. There is a gift shop, grocery store, laundry with showers, visitor center, gas station, propane fill, pizza parlor(yummy), bar/restaurant, and a marina offering boat and kayak rentals(1st come 1st serve). There are tons of activities to do in the area along with hiking trails, rentals, guided fishing, wildlife viewing, photo ops everywhere and A FAMILY OF BLACK BEARS that frequent the area. There is also jr ranger classes and religious services on Sunday. Our family truly enjoyed our stay and would come again

Super cool private campground

Mostly I stay at state parks when I camp, but there isn’t much of that around Jackson Hole. This place was great. We stayed in the RV area and it was as much as could be expected. Pull through sites, fire pits, enough space between sites to give you some privacy. The bathrooms and showers were top notch. Close enough to day trip around Jackson. Fun enough to stick around. Awesome tiny house style cabins. We didn’t stay in those but poked around and would totally stay there next time. They looked awesome.

Beautiful campground

Adequately spaced sites, next to a creek. Well maintained, nice hiking trails. $12/night. Allows dogs and has good cell service. Picnic tables and fire pits.

Great camping close to amazing waterfalls

Near the town of Duboise, this campground is up in the Shoshone National Forest. The views of the mountains are beautiful. I was here in early June and there was still a lot of snow in the area as well as in the campground. This made it easier to pick a campsite as it was obvious which sites were water logged and which were dry. The best sites are#14-16, along the river. Even though it was early in the season, someone had come out and mown the grass for tents. I was very impressed by the fact that they had ATV parking on the outside edge of the campground and that there were signs stating ATVs were not allowed to be driven through the campground. The sites were large and private with nice separation between sites, each had steel picnic tables, prep tables, and fire rings. And, terrible as it is, I even had cell service here! While I did not check it out, there is a group campground less than a mile just down the road. I would definitely camp here again, although maybe try and hit it right between the disappearance of snow and the appearance of mosquitos.

Fly fishing outfitter and campground in one

In Swan Valley the name of the game is fly fishing. This small campground is also a fly fishing outfitter and shop. While l was just passing through and I am not a fisherwoman, it seemed to offer pretty good services if that is your thing. I pulled in after hours but fortunately the owner’s dog alerted her to my presence and she was willing to open the office to rent me a tent site for the evening. There are 3ish tent sites(one was being worked on), about a half dozen pull thru RV sites, and 3 or 4 cabins for rent. There is a central bathhouse with two full bathrooms in a trailer for everyone to share. The bathhouse rooms are electronically accessed with codes the host gives you on check in. They were really nice and clean, like bathrooms in a typical modern home, except that one had the water heater tank in it and both had space heaters on the floor to plug in(fire hazard??). The tent site I chose was at the back of the campground so I didn’t have much highway noise, and fell asleep to the sound of the nearby horses grazing. Next door on the other side is a municipal building that appears to be the home base for the sheriff. The view of the back of the office/fly shop is not very picturesque, with boats and atv’s and odds and ends laying about. There are nice trees providing shade, but there is no real privacy between sites, tents, or cabins. The grass was quite lush, so I am wondering when the sprinkler system comes on. This place works as a layover or for someone who will take advantage of the fly fishing services, but not much else.

Bring the water toys

Spacious dispersed camping on the edge of the Palisades Reservoir, but no amenities so come prepared! The road is a bit narrow and rutted, but those confident in their driving skills will be fine. There are so many options here!

There is a dirt “boat ramp”, but due to the amount of driftwood I would not recommend anything with a trailer until that’s cleaned up. Further down the road is a proper ramp if you need it, but we put our kayaks and floats right in there.

On a hot July weekend, this was a very popular spot. Not for those looking for peace and quiet in the campsite, but if you get in the water you can peacefully float around for hours, unless you kept your cellphone on! This area has pretty good service.

Despite previous reviews, I did not see toilets. There’s a few fire pits, the large one is a communal one of sorts. Bring a backup solution if fire cooking was your meal prep plan. Mosquitoes were definitely present also.

Solitude !

Great dispersed camping area. Appears to be used by a lot of hunters. There is a nice big picnic table at one site and a few spots with campfire rings and meat poles. There are no other amenities. The Greys River is right near camp as well as Spring Creek. The Spring Creek Falls trailhead has a river crossing at the 2 mile mark, sign states it is 5 miles to the falls. I didn’t venture further than that. I stayed at this campground because I was hiking up Wyoming Peak in the morning. Wyoming Peak was a wonderful hike, highly recommend! This summer has had the most amazing wildflowers!

Beautiful!

A great view of the Tetons! A little windy but worth it!

Closest campground in the park to Jackson Hole

Closest campground to Jackson Hole Large campground with seven loops/372 sites plus a group site that is first-come, first available. Loops are divided according to type: tent only, RV with allowable generator use, electric with no generators allowed, non-electric, group. The electric sites are pricey ($40 with a senior pass) so we used one for just one night to charge up and switched to a non-electric for the second night. Sites vary in size; some shrubbery or trees provide separation between some sites but not all. Our site for the first night (D184) was a little confusing in that the picnic table was located quite a distance from our parking pad and behind what almost looks like another parking pad (but it is not paved and does not have a number). When we returned in the evening, we found two people parked in this area using our table. They wanted to set up a tent but we held our ground. We woke the next morning to another car parked there! Our next night was spent in site D232, with a view of the mountains. Flush toilets with no showers as you would expect in a national park.  There is a dump station and everything is recycled, including propane canisters, a welcome change after not seeing any recycling in Idaho. Very pleasant and helpful staff at check-in. They even showed us a photo of a carving made in a tree in our site. Obviously, they were not condoning the defacing of a tree but since it was there, it was nice they let us know about it as we never would have thought to look for it. This is the closest campground to Mormon village and to the town of Jackson Hole.

Simple primitive roadside campground

Your basic sites with fire ring and picnic table, pit toilets, and dumpster. Only con is it’s close to the road so you can hear traffic going by but otherwise it’s a simple $10/night pull in site.

Not motorcycle friendly

All of the tent sites are not “accessible” by motorcycle, meaning they won’t allow you to try. We were on adventure bikes and were forced to camp in a small group site that I can only describe as a dirt corral. The prices were also ridiculous, however they had free showers and we were tired. Tent sites were $50-$65 and the rustic cabins started at $140. The tent sites are along the river, so there is deep sand and gravel. I would not stay again.

Peaceful

Wonderful spot most sites were filled but the group area had a few spots with picnic tables left. I opted for 5 a small turnout next to the river. A short walk to probably the cleanest pit toilets I have ever seen. I will definitely camp here again.

Worth The Drive Up

Located in National Elk Refuge. Free / Dispersed camping. This place was phenomenal. We thoroughly enjoyed camping at Curtis Canyon. You will definitely need a 4x4 or SUV capable of making the trek up towards the top for the more remote locations. You should definitely go before sunset to become familiar with the drive up. The view of the Tetons is amazing from here. Jackson Hole… we will be back.

We visited late July 2018.

Amazing Location

If you’re looking to be in the heart of the Tetons with water access at your finger tips, this is the campground for you. Spots fill up quick (get there before noon if you can) but if you can snag a tent site close to the lake trail you are just a couple minutes from the Teton mountain range for every sunset.

Dogs are also welcome!

Pretty Good

It’s a decent place, you are definitely in the trees! Super close to the lake.

It’s worth the view

This is all about the view. It’s a few miles outside of Grand Tetons, Moran Entrance. (East side) And it is a little pricey. But it has a great view. There are a lot of sites, including tent sites. They are not packed as close as some parks, so there is some grass between everyone. The sites have fire rings and picnic tables. There is a small store with basic needs, plus a bar. There is also a gas station, but prices are 60c/gal. higher than inside the park! There is WiFi, but because there are so many people using it, it’s next to worthless.

🙌🏼

The BEST place to camp in the Tetons! 4wd/awd recommended to get to the higher, better spots. Campsites are dispersed so there’s plenty of privacy. And it’s FREE!

Rewarding hike in the backcountry

I experienced my first night in the backcountry at Leigh Lake and can't wait to go back there soon. The hike was relatively flat with great views along the way of String Lake, Leigh Lake and Mt. Moran. One side of the site is completely open to Leigh Lake and around the corner is the peak of Mt. Moran while the other side of the site is a dense forest filled with trees. We spotted elk walking through the trees in the morning while relaxing on the beach waiting for the sun to come up. There is plenty of space so loading up a kayak would be ideal. We packed and hiked to the site so had limited space but there is plenty of room to spread out on a nice tent site and beach if you're able to kayak across the lake.

Well maintained campground

Colter Bay is great for any type of camper. Walk in sites available on a first come first serve basis but the campground has many sites available. Some of the sites are located on the waterfront which makes for a great view but the water is a short walk away for the other campers. Certain sites also offer great views of the peaks across the water. We used a tent for camping which was around $30 per night. Restrooms and showers are also located nearby.

Great location within the Tetons

Make reservations online before arriving. We visited the campground in August and the campground was full. The campground is family friendly with plenty of activities nearby. Each campsite is surrounded by trees for the most part so there is plenty of room for a hammock and some privacy. The campground is also conveniently located near Jackson Lake. We stayed at three different sites during our visit to the Grand Tetons and this was the best location for car camping in our opinion.

Something for everyone!

Seven RV sites with full hookups ($32.50/nite), four tent spots, and three cabins. Each cabin has different facilities ranging from partial to full bath. Bath/shower house accessible with code. Small playground. Lots of shade trees. Janice was very friendly and helpful and said they fill up every night. Best to call to make a reservation.