Bridger-Teton National Forest, WYOMING

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Bridger-Teton National Forest Camping Reviews
Nice quite place

This is a nice quite place for a trailer or motor home of any size. There are even nice concrete fire pits with a cooking grates.

Nice but expensive

I was going to stay here one night in September as I was passing through but the prices a supper expensive. It was over 100 for one night. I don’t care how nice a place is I think that is out off line just to park a trailer.

Nice pull off top of pass

Dirt road to site after pull off parking area. no amenities but the views are wonderful. You can see the Tetons and the area is prime for wildlife viewing.

Beautiful area, awesome place

As usual with me, it’s more about the area than the actual campground, but this is actually probably my favorite campground in the Tetons. It just has a really nice feel to it and it’s obviously in a beautiful area. You can walk right to the lake from the campground.

You can find sites close to others or pretty secluded so it’s got something for everyone. There’s a ton of regular camping sites and also some for bikers and hikers. I think all are first come first served.

My friends and I had a great time here. We drove into the park and did some back packing in the death shelf area. We stayed at the campground and chilled for a night before doing some climbing. Really nice campground right in the heart of the Tetons.

Beautiful area

There’s no place more beautiful than Jackson hole in the summer time. Really you can’t go wrong with any of the campgrounds I’ve been to in this are, but I really like the quiet, small nature of hoback.

These sites are super adorable and all of them are nice. Really I didn’t see any bad looking ones. Can’t reserve these sites though, just first come. There are some basic bathrooms, but no showers.

Really what’s great about this place is the scenery and the activities. There’s some great climbing right at hoback shield. Jenny lake is a nice hike. Backpacking along the Teton crest trail. There’s some good mountain biking right outside of the city.

Definitely hit up the snake river brewery while you’re in town! All around amazing place.

Great location, good amenities :) , disgusting bathrooms, price gouging :(

So, we just returned from our first trip to GTNP and Yellowstone, and tented 3 nights at Colter Bay (also 1 night at Jenny Lake, and 1 night at Gros Ventre).  First, GTNP and YNP in autumn is amazing, and Colter Bay has many great services conveniently available in the campground, such as a well stocked camp store, decent showers, one restaurant, and laundry.  Colter Bay camp ground is also close enough to YNP to be within striking distance for day trips up to all the southern attractions (although Headwaters at Flagg Ranch would be more centrally located between the parks).

Now the bad news:  the bathrooms in the campground look like they have never been cleaned or maintained.  The maintenance crew should be fired.  No hot water, broken cold water faucets. brown smelly urinal, filthy floors and stalls.  WTF?  I guess the teenagers they hire for summer workers don't like cleaning bathrooms.  At this point, its probably a good idea to gut the entire bathroom and start over from bare walls.  I would rather primitive camp in the nearby forest - oh, wait, thats illegal.  I'd have to drive 30 miles to get outside the national park before primitive camping is allowed…

One more gripe:  although there are many services provided by the national park service or their concessionaires (Vail Resorts) available to campers in the campground, is it really necessary to gouge campers on everything they sell?  $32/night to tent, $40 for breakfast for 2, $7.50 for a box of 4 logs, $4 for a shower,   I realize the park service claims they are woefully under-funded, but camping is supposed to be a good value for the vacations of middle class Americans, right?  After all, they market it as "your national parks" and I pay my taxes, and then they charge me again?  If its my national park, then I charge too much for everything.

OK.  I feel better now.  Other than these items, GTNP is a beautiful place.

Magical

Heaven!!!! That's all there is to Say….. There is great camping all over…. For dispersed Camping Free and Probably best views …. Shadow Mountain is the Ticket…. Grovant Campground is another wonderful Place….

Liked the park

We called 3 nights and enjoyed the experience.  Mother nature at its best.  The rates were reasonable.  Enjoyed cooking out.

I have been here 3 times best view ever. It is primitive no water or toilets.

How do you describe heaven, with bad roads. I would never go anyplace other than shadow mountain.

A beautiful place to camp in the Tetons

First come, first served.  Thankfully they seemed to have plenty of spaces the week we were in Grand Teton NP.  We came down from Yellowstone with our trailer.  I was hoping to stay here as I love Jackson and this spot is fairly close to town, about 30 minutes.  It was raining so we went out to dinner a few times and spent the rest of our time driving and hiking.  Didn't hang out in our campsite during the day or evening too much.

These sites seemed really small.  We got our 16 foot trailer in just fine but getting our SUV off the road would have been impossible if it were any longer.  We watched the neighbors struggle to back their trailer in for quite a while, with all the nastiness that goes along with that.  Road through the loop was blocked off and everything.

The bathrooms were clean and right across the road.  Beyond the bathroom was lots of woods and stream bed full of animal trails.  If you are looking for wildlife, just camp here. Moose a plenty.  Also found a beautiful buck hiding back in the trees as we took a walk behind the campground.

No hook ups but there is an RV dump and you can refill your water tanks if needed.  The scenery is gorgeous here.  I will camp here every time I come back.