The best camping in
Wyoming

Camping Wyoming

Wyoming is where the Rocky Mountains meet the Great Plains, and the opportunities for recreation span thousands of miles. Home to the country’s first national park and national monument, visitors can witness spewing geysers, rolling prairieland, and almost everything in between. Get ready for an epic adventure camping in Wyoming!

Yellowstone National Park is the home of almost 3,500 square miles of nationally protected lands. From rushing waterfalls, roaring rivers, soaring peaks, and marvels of geology such as Old Faithful, the park has sights not even imagination even conjure. For this reason, hundreds of thousands visit every year. Plan ahead and experience once-in-a-lifetime camping in Wyoming in the process.

Although abundant, camping in Wyoming is extremely sought after, especially near the park. Twelve campgrounds within Yellowstone National Park provide adventurers with plentiful options, but planning ahead is vital. The Canyon Campground allows easy access to the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone, a picture-perfect waterfall and river vista in the north-central region. Visit Artist’s Point and hike the 300 feet down to the lower falls to feel the rush of the Yellowstone River.

For a more touristy experience, snag a site in the Madison Campground. Being one of the largest in the park and less than 20 miles from the famous geyser Old Faithful, this area is a go-to for first time visitors. Sitting at an elevation just below 7,000 feet, the crisp mountain air will refresh. This area gets a lot of traffic, so pack in your patience and remember that the parks are for everyone to enjoy.

Camping in Wyoming also gives the chance to get off the grid. Grand Teton National Park is directly to the south of Yellowstone and allows for some easy-access backpacking. When done right, you can avoid the droves of humanity that flock to the Greater Yellowstone region.

For an easy trek into the backcountry, get a scenic spot along Leigh Lake or String Lake. These camping sites are often booked months in advance, so get them quick! A hidden gem tucked in the shadow of Mount Moran is Bearpaw Lake and is also relatively accessible from the same trail. Remember your bear spray and enjoy some genuine Wyoming camping!

Recent Reviews in Wyoming
Nice pull off top of pass

Dirt road to site after pull off parking area. no amenities but the views are wonderful. You can see the Tetons and the area is prime for wildlife viewing.

Beautiful area, awesome place

As usual with me, it’s more about the area than the actual campground, but this is actually probably my favorite campground in the Tetons. It just has a really nice feel to it and it’s obviously in a beautiful area. You can walk right to the lake from the campground.

You can find sites close to others or pretty secluded so it’s got something for everyone. There’s a ton of regular camping sites and also some for bikers and hikers. I think all are first come first served.

My friends and I had a great time here. We drove into the park and did some back packing in the death shelf area. We stayed at the campground and chilled for a night before doing some climbing. Really nice campground right in the heart of the Tetons.

Surprising quiet campground

We stayed at Mammoth campground during our last visit to Yellowstone as we were unable to get one of the back country campsites we were hoping for. Lucky for us we arrived in the park before 10am and Mammoth had plenty of spots available. Mammoth is a first-come, first-serve campground with a well organized check-in procedures, no need to search for open campsites, the rangers at the check-in station will let you know what is available and show you on the map the available sites. Cost is$20 a night. This campground like all the ones in the park fills up fast, so get their early. The 85 site campground has paved roads with gravel parking pads. Sites have platforms for the tents. Dumpsters are though out the campground, and recycling is available at the entrance. The campground has flush toilets and water faucets are through out the grounds. Each site has its own bear proof food locker, as well as a picnic table and metal fire ring. Their is a nightly ranger program at 9:30pm. We stayed in site 77 and found the campground to be very quiet, even with the park road running right by. The slow speed of 35 mph helps keep the noise down and after about 10pm we really didn't notice cars going by. Morning traffic does start up just after 5pm, but the noise did not wake this light sleeper. Another factor that help keep noise down was the quiet hours, while this tends to do little at other campgrounds to prevent campers, and kids from being loud or from generators being run at night, the strictly enforced notice and posted$50 fine really does the job. Fire wood is available to purchase for$8 a box, kindling for$3 a bundle and they will provide matches if you need them. You do have cell service at the campground.

Big crowded campground & centrally located

Madison Campground is a huge campground with 278 site, needless to say you will not be camping alone here, or with much privacy. The campground is set amongst lodge pole pines. While this is a large campground the sites are decently sized and not right on top of each other, but close. We had a quiet stay, but with the size of this campground your odds of that one loud group or family being near will be quiet high. Allow yourself plenty of time to check-in, as the process will be quite slow if numerous campers show up at the same time. The campground appears to have two heated restrooms per loop, with a dish washing station at them. You will not have to throw out much trash during your visit, the campground has a large recycling area, including compost. You can recycle type 1& 2 plastic, cardboard, aluminum& steel cans, glass bottles and camp stove fuel bottles. The campground roads are all paved as are the parking pads. Each site has a picnic table and metal fire ring. Bear food lockers are located through out the campground, but you might need to share with fellow campers as each site does not have their own. Of the 278 site, 62 are tent only and there are 3 group sites. Cost to camp is$28 per night. The price is a little steep, but this campground has the advantage of being fairly centrally located to most of the top attractions in the park, plus you are only 15 miles away from West Yellowstone where you can stock up on everything you might need.

One of my favorites!

FCFS. This campground is less well-known so there aren’t as many people and it’s fairly easy to get a spot. We got there around 9 a.m. and had plenty to choose from. Lots of trees- perfect for hammocks. You have people kind of close, but spots are spaced out well so you still feel private. Fire pit, bear box, a picnic table at each site. And there’s bathrooms. There’s a river really close that we walked along and fished. And the camp hosts were really nice people! Firewood available at the store at the front.

Moose!! Roadside camping in moose turf

Every time we passed this campground we saw empty sites. This came in handy on this holiday weekend. We grabbed a site and before we even filled out the forms the rest were taken. It’s nice to have found a campsite at late notice on a holiday but they did fill up.

The campground has a couple loops. We ended up right next to the road. Consistent traffic became background noise if we didn’t pay attention to it. We would have preferred a quieter setting but at least we found a campsite. The campers in the other loop seemed louder and more active. One site had a bunch of dogs and a couple of sites had large groups. Our loop was quiet and restful.

The hosts keep the place clean. With all the rain we’ve had, the trail that links up to Sibley Lake trail was too muddy to hike. We walked up the hill away from the road where logging is being done. It led to a series of trails that seemed to lead to more logging.

The highlight was finding a mother and baby moose grazing right through our campsite. The host told us that a moose killed a dog recently. I’m keeping a closer eye on ours now.

We loved the moose coming into camp here! This is an ok campground but the closeness to the road wasn’t the best.

Nutrition, 10 Foods To Lose Belly Fat That Is Supported By Science

For youth and adults engaging in physical activity and sports, healthy eating is essential for optimizing performance. Combining good nutrition with physical activity can lead to a healthier lifestyle.

Maximize with nutrient-packed foods

Give your body the nutrients it needs by eating a variety of nutrient-packed food, including whole grains, lean protein, fruits and vegetables, and low-fat or fat-free dairy. Eat less food high in solid fats, added sugars, and sodium(salt).

Energize with grains

Your body’s quickest energy source comes from foods such as bread, pasta, oatmeal, cereals, and tortillas. Be sure to make at least half of your grain food choices whole-grain foods like whole-wheat bread or pasta and brown rice.

Remaining Foods

health India, science India, food India, health, medicine, science, health, medicine, science, health India, science India, food India, health, medicine, science, health, medicine, science, health India, science India, food India, health, medicine, science, health, medicine, science,

Beautiful area

There’s no place more beautiful than Jackson hole in the summer time. Really you can’t go wrong with any of the campgrounds I’ve been to in this are, but I really like the quiet, small nature of hoback.

These sites are super adorable and all of them are nice. Really I didn’t see any bad looking ones. Can’t reserve these sites though, just first come. There are some basic bathrooms, but no showers.

Really what’s great about this place is the scenery and the activities. There’s some great climbing right at hoback shield. Jenny lake is a nice hike. Backpacking along the Teton crest trail. There’s some good mountain biking right outside of the city.

Definitely hit up the snake river brewery while you’re in town! All around amazing place.

Good?

My stay was weird (to me), as I got there late and left early and car camped and woke to snow I didn't anticipate and there were cattle grazing the area. I am not altogether sure I was supposed to stay but saw no posting to the contrary. Anyway, it was a beautiful spot. The creek is loud, which I liked, and the sun is beautiful rising on the hills.

4 days car repair

Nice clean campground. Filled propane tanks, picked up trash at site, and nice camp store. Enjoyed the pool and shuttle to attractions. Safe family environment.

Quiet camping, star filled sky's and plenty of wildlife

If you want to see wildlife during you Yellowstone adventure then Slough Creek Campground is the way to go. During our visit we got to see Bison on our drive coming in, deer feeding at the edge of the campground and watched a black bear for 30 minutes just a mile down the hiking trail. But to get a campsite you have to be prepared, prepared as in get here in the early morning so you can grab a sight as soon as one become available, this campground is often full by 8am if not earlier. You can leave the RV crowd behind here, most campers are tent camping or just have a small camper, the bigger on won't fit here. A nice quiet campground with Slough Creek running right next to most of the sights made for a good nights sleep. All sites have picnic tables and a metal fire ring. This is bear territory and you need to lock up those food items in your car/truck or in one of the bear proof lockers located through out the campground, just be ready to share with other campers. Site has some of the cleanest vault toilets around. Trash and recycling is available as well. Water is from a hand pump and the water is top notch. If you like to star gaze then you can't do any better than here, no light pollution lets you see everything our night sky has to offer.

So close you could almost touch it

Went off-season (early October) and was able to take my pick of sore’s from the nearly-empty location.

Bathrooms were open. At the tower itself, both visitor centers were closed, though rangers were present.

Note: registration is available on-site via cash or check only. To use a credit/debit card, you must pay at the entrance station. Take the placard they give you (or the stub from the envelope if you pay at the site) and attach it to the pole next to your campsite.

Awesome host

Nice little campground,  friendly host, great ATV roads, hiking.

Great location, good amenities :) , disgusting bathrooms, price gouging :(

So, we just returned from our first trip to GTNP and Yellowstone, and tented 3 nights at Colter Bay (also 1 night at Jenny Lake, and 1 night at Gros Ventre).  First, GTNP and YNP in autumn is amazing, and Colter Bay has many great services conveniently available in the campground, such as a well stocked camp store, decent showers, one restaurant, and laundry.  Colter Bay camp ground is also close enough to YNP to be within striking distance for day trips up to all the southern attractions (although Headwaters at Flagg Ranch would be more centrally located between the parks).

Now the bad news:  the bathrooms in the campground look like they have never been cleaned or maintained.  The maintenance crew should be fired.  No hot water, broken cold water faucets. brown smelly urinal, filthy floors and stalls.  WTF?  I guess the teenagers they hire for summer workers don't like cleaning bathrooms.  At this point, its probably a good idea to gut the entire bathroom and start over from bare walls.  I would rather primitive camp in the nearby forest - oh, wait, thats illegal.  I'd have to drive 30 miles to get outside the national park before primitive camping is allowed…

One more gripe:  although there are many services provided by the national park service or their concessionaires (Vail Resorts) available to campers in the campground, is it really necessary to gouge campers on everything they sell?  $32/night to tent, $40 for breakfast for 2, $7.50 for a box of 4 logs, $4 for a shower,   I realize the park service claims they are woefully under-funded, but camping is supposed to be a good value for the vacations of middle class Americans, right?  After all, they market it as "your national parks" and I pay my taxes, and then they charge me again?  If its my national park, then I charge too much for everything.

OK.  I feel better now.  Other than these items, GTNP is a beautiful place.

Magical

Heaven!!!! That's all there is to Say….. There is great camping all over…. For dispersed Camping Free and Probably best views …. Shadow Mountain is the Ticket…. Grovant Campground is another wonderful Place….

I mean It's Yellowstone

Without a doubt…. Greatest Place on Earth…..

Great spot

We camped here in a tent passing through on our way north. Only cost us $10. Pretty spot and only a couple other campers in the area that night so we had plenty of privacy. It does appear that it is closed in winter but there is a forest road just south that you could camp on for free I'm sure.

Liked the park

We called 3 nights and enjoyed the experience.  Mother nature at its best.  The rates were reasonable.  Enjoyed cooking out.

I have been here 3 times best view ever. It is primitive no water or toilets.

How do you describe heaven, with bad roads. I would never go anyplace other than shadow mountain.

Bull Lake Dispersed site

Heading North out of Riverton Wyoming is Bull Lake. The lake itself is hidden from the highway, but Bull creek has a large bridge that lets you know where to turn. The road is not bad, but can be tricky depending on the time of year and weather. It is a dirt road and prone to mud holes. Following the road up then crossing the dam got us on the side of the lake where we made camp, it was early summer so the water was pretty low and gave us access to sites that would otherwise be underwater. Firewood is easily found, but there is not much for stores so be prepared and take in what you will need. The fishing from shore was good with both Flyrods and baitcast. You will need a Wind River Reservation fishing license and permit to camp and fish here. Make sure to pickup a trash and leave it better than you found it. Enjoy

A beautiful place to camp in the Tetons

First come, first served.  Thankfully they seemed to have plenty of spaces the week we were in Grand Teton NP.  We came down from Yellowstone with our trailer.  I was hoping to stay here as I love Jackson and this spot is fairly close to town, about 30 minutes.  It was raining so we went out to dinner a few times and spent the rest of our time driving and hiking.  Didn't hang out in our campsite during the day or evening too much.

These sites seemed really small.  We got our 16 foot trailer in just fine but getting our SUV off the road would have been impossible if it were any longer.  We watched the neighbors struggle to back their trailer in for quite a while, with all the nastiness that goes along with that.  Road through the loop was blocked off and everything.

The bathrooms were clean and right across the road.  Beyond the bathroom was lots of woods and stream bed full of animal trails.  If you are looking for wildlife, just camp here. Moose a plenty.  Also found a beautiful buck hiding back in the trees as we took a walk behind the campground.

No hook ups but there is an RV dump and you can refill your water tanks if needed.  The scenery is gorgeous here.  I will camp here every time I come back.

Week long home base in Yellowstone

I really enjoyed camping here.  We were on A Loop which is right by ranger booth where you check in.  It was actually pretty entertaining place to be.  You get to see a wide variety of camping rigs, that's for sure.  Our site was in the RV loop so no hook ups but it was paved and really level.  We booked in February for our trip the beginning of September.  I was shocked at how huge this campground is!

The bathroom was small and basic, but clean.  Actual flush toilets and running water.  Every site has a large bear box for storage, a fire pit, and a picnic table.  You can buy firewood at the ranger booth for $7 a box.

We stayed the whole week so it seemed like we had new neighbors almost every night.  Did not see any bears but we saw bison and a beautiful bull elk in the trees behind our site.  The elk were bugling almost every night.  There are Ranger led educational talks at the amphitheater every night.  I really enjoyed that.  We also went down to the Bridge Bay Marina and took their scenic boat ride.  So fun!  I recommend checking that out too.

Nice little Campground in the Medicine Bow National Forest

Forest Service campground 28 miles outside of Saratoga Wyoming. It has 16 sites and a single vaulted toilet. Each site has a table and fire ring, but no Bear boxes. Road into this site is a bit washboard but otherwise is a decent road into some beautiful location. The sites can accommodate RV’s and trailers. Lots of quad roads to explore. Popular hunting location. First come first serve campground with minimal fee. Jack Creek is a nice fishing stream as well

Primitive Camping on the N Platte River

Sanger Access Area is a launching/porting spot for Drift Fishing the North Platte River. There are several nice tent site right on the river with lots of Cottonwood trees for shade. There is a his/hers vaulted toilets but no other amenities. Not suitable for RVs or large trailers as the road in is narrow and can get nasty in bad weather. Great river location with prime fishing. The site is 4 miles in off HWY 130 on Picks Bridge Road.

Nice place to visit

We like this campground ⛺️ but very cold can’t sleep much

Nice, quiet spot

This was a nice spot for a 3 day weekend, we got there early Friday so there were still a lot of spots. It was rainy and foggy so we didn’t drive all the way up the road as others suggested since you couldn’t see the view anyway. There are some nice fire rings built and the there are porta-potties by the first couple spots. Our spot was right next to a bear box where you can stow your food. We saw a few deer, but not much else. However I did hear a lot of howling the first night. Saturday night it got pretty packed, mostly just van campers looking for a spot to park so it was still quiet. Would love to camp here again when it’s not so foggy and rainy! The road wasn’t so bad for the lower spots, but if you plan to go further out you’ll definitely need 4x4. The trees were BEAUTIFUL!

Beautiful location

We saw this campground on Dyrt on our trip through Wyoming to Teton National Park and decided to stay for a night or two. Glad we did! Actually ended up spending 5 nights. Lots of hiking trails, beautiful views, very clean and well dispersed sites. There are electrical hookups in loop A and loop B is primitive. Easy access for RV/Trailer camping and plenty of tent sites as well. First come first serve, but I don’t it gets much use as it is so close to most people’s destination of Yellowstone that they just drive on by. Too bad for them! We had the whole place to ourselves for several nights. Nice waterfall to view also. We will be back!

Beautiful!¡!

Most sites are on the banks of the Fall River with great views. Very clean. Good access nearby to Yellowstone National Park at the Bechler Ranger Station and Cave Falls. Cave Falls is beautiful and we spent time watching a nesting Osprey. Nice network of trails. Very popular spot for fly fishermen because there is also good access to rivers in YNP.

Off the grid

The setting is awesome. Very remote, scenic and quiet. Besides one other group of campers we were the only ones there for 2 nights Easy access to nice trails. We saw elk, shooting stars and were paid a visit by a herd of horses from a nearby riding camp. It took approximately an hour of driving on dirt roads and switchbacks to get to but well worth it. Would have been 5 stars but we did not see a campground host and some TLC was needed in the toilets and a few of the campsites..

Clean, Close by others

This campground was nice, had flush toilets, a place to wash dishes, and water. There was no tent pads, had picnic tables, and a bear box. As expected with a big park there are lots of camper around, luckily most people respected the quiet hours.