Grand Teton National Park , WYOMING

Camping Wyoming Grand Teton National Park

Most Recent Grand Teton National Park Camping Reviews
Nice trailer campsite by the river/dam

Great campsites next to the river with great views. Wish they had water hookups is my only complaint.

HORRIBLE!!!

DO NOT BOOK HERE! Customer is always wrong at Eagle Peak. (Long review, I know - but worth the read)

Much better places for price and service nearby.

What happened: We booked this place around 7pm because we could not get a hold of anywhere else in the greater area including calling this place twice with no answer. It cost almost $60 for one night! So expensive!!!

Once I booked it, there was no instructions, no site #, No anything. I did get an email receipt, but again, No information with that either. In all my time traveling all over this country has this happened.

We drove down from W. Yellowstone and got to this place about 9pm so it was dark. This place is a ‘Lodge’ that has a beautiful view of the backside of a gas station and the tractor trailers that are parked behind it. Driving slowly by trying to figure out where we supposed to go, all we saw was a small sign with their eagle peak lodge logo on it, so we knew that was the lodge and we were in the right spot. It looked shut down. It was early in the season (April 30th) so a lot of places in this area weren’t open yet. They took the booking online, so we thought it was going to be fine. Very poor lighting on the streets and at the ‘Lodge’ parking lot. We couldn’t find the RV park. There was no other signage. Nothing. We had no idea where we were supposed to go or what to do. We drove past the place twice trying to figure it out. I was wondering if it was just a couple hook ups thrown up behind the ‘Lodge’ building in the parking lot but didn’t see anything to that effect. So we went on down the road and found a place in Sugar City that was very accommodating and who actually answered their phone.

I emailed the ‘Lodge’ and asked for a refund since we couldn’t find the place to stay there. The owner/manager refused and said it is on their website that there is no refunds. What!?! Really?!? I never saw that or was warned of that when booking, so I went back and looked. Yup, it’s there - at the very bottom. You can go through the whole booking process on a phone and never see the bottom of the screen. Not even a warning when you are about to finalize payment regarding the fact that it is non-refundable. Big oversight and bad design on their part.

I explained all the legitimate reasons we should be an exception to their refund policy. They didn’t give us instructions on the booking page. No instructions on the email confirmation. Not even a site #. No signage at all at the location telling us what to do and where to go. No warning of the bad refund policy unless you scroll all the way down to the ‘fine print’ policies bottom of the page when booking. In response, the owner/manager of this place actually BLAMED ME over and over again! Said I could have gotten out and come into the lobby of the lodge for more info and that I should have thoroughly read all of the website before booking! What? Go talk to your ‘guest relations’ person who didn’t answer both phone calls in a Lodge that still looks shut down for the season in a poorly lit parking lot behind a gas station…? Ok, yeah, I should have assumed there was a live person there manning a desk at 9pm in the off season who would tell me where to go. Or they could give us that info in the email confirmation or just put up a sign!!!!

Anyway, we went back and forth with the owner/manager and he is flat out refusing to refund our money. At this point it’s about principle. He won’t or can’t see the customers point of view and would rather keep $58 than a customer. SAD. As a business owner myself twice over, I know what it is like. I was nice in my emails and gave him good ideas on how he can improve his business for himself and his customers. I hope he takes those and implement them.

It’s a poor worker who blames his tools and a poor owner/manager who blames his customers.

Pass by this place and find one who values their customers and knows what ‘customer service’ is.

I hope this helps someone out there avoid a headache.

Good travels!

Beautiful spot right on water

We drove in from Jackson Hole at about 5pm, and immediately found multiple spots that were right on the water with nice fire pits. We chose to drive about a half mile in to find a spot and tent camp. We then walked about another mile down the road before encountering snow. There were ruts in the road but easily possible for my Nissan Rogue to get over and other cars as well. There were lots of open spots with privacy and no snow. It did get down to 15 degrees Fahrenheit over night, so pack warm.

This place is TOO great

I live nearby and like to camp here. I would not expect to find a site here in the summer. It’s always just packed busy and even during the week too. It’s got great views so I see why it’s full. The road is pretty intense near the top, so if you don’t fond a spot, it kinda sucks having no camp spot and car sickness haha. But yeah if you get the chance to stay here it’s neat.

Really Busy but Still Great

Pretty good site, but pretty packed and close to others. The campers before us hadn't moved out til we arrived. We were happy to walk over to the shower building even though we had to pay. Overall it had good amenities and it got the job done.

Loved it!

The site was spaced away from others. You have to drive up a pretty steep hill depending on your site. We wish that it had more amenities but it was so gorgeous that you don't really mind.

Colter Bay Campground is not Colter Bay RV Park

Have stayed at the RV Park the last few years it is wonderful. Some people do get confused as the Colter Bay RV Park has full hookups and is closer to the store and lake. Colter Bay Campground is in a separate area does not have hookups I don’t believe. I know it does not have electrical or sewer not sure about water. Make sure to book the appropriate area RV park for full hook-ups or RV Campground if you don’t need full hook-ups

NO CAMPING HERE

This is not a campground. It is a historic site located in the national Park and if you camp here you were going to get yourself one big ticket!

All GTNP campgrounds are reservation only in 2021

Starting this summer in 2021, all Grand Teton National Park campsites must be reserved in advance online at Recreation.gov.

Gorgeous views, huge campground, bring your allergy meds when the cottonwood fluff starts flying in June.

Clean bathrooms, flat sites

I stayed here late winter and it looks like half the sites are closed in the winter. In addition to rv sites they offer full service cabins, dry cabins, and yurts. The facility is quite nice. Large, clean, individual bathrooms with showers. The sites are large enough and flat, but fairly close and many sites don't have a table. They also appeared to be doing a lot of construction. Decent wifi. There is also a good sized fire pit in RV area which I enjoyed. The do allow packages to be delivered. They are about 45 minutes to Jackson through a mountain pass. If you visit in the winter, make sure to bring chains as this pass can get pretty rough. Overall I enjoyed my stay, deducting one star as they seemed pretty expensive for the sites to be so close and construction equipment every where.