Rock Springs, WYOMING

Camping Wyoming Rock Springs
Most Recent Rock Springs Camping Reviews
Great bathrooms and wildlife

We came late in the year, however one section was still open. There was plenty of spots to choose from. The site had rabbits, deer and antelope roaming around. The bathrooms were clean and well kept. No soap dispensers but there was a hand air dryer.

Beautiful and quite

The cost is $25 a night but $12.50 with a senior parks pass. ATT Has 3 bars and LTE coverage The campground is very clean, there are very well maintained restrooms with flush toilets and showers free to register guests and $4 fee for others, the roads and sites were all paved with picnic tables and fire pits, there is potable water available throughout but no electric, water or septic hookups in the campground. Potable water and a dump station are located just down the road, for a fee of $6 you can dump and refill your tank. This campground is very close to the Flaming Gorge Reservoir. A hydro electric dam is located about one mile away with a great visitor center. There is fishing in the Reservoir, and great fly fishing on the Green river on the downstream side of the dam with great access. A boat launch is available on the downstream side of the dam for those hearty souls who wish to float the Green river and fish. There is a Marina located just a short way from the campground with a boat launch, a fuel dock, restaurant and small store with very friendly staff. There are several different boats available to rent, which we took advantage of and spent the day enjoying the fantastic views of Flaming Gorge from the water. We spent three days here and enjoyed it greatly, a great place to stop and recharge.

Cute Tent Sites!

Standard KOA facilities. Very nice tent spots. Headed to the campground after a long day of driving and was pleasantly surprised to find fenced in tent spaces with plots of grass for the tents and an aspen in each lot! Water and electricity available in the spot also!

Decent

Not bad, lake side and junk, people and their boats can be annoying, but it’s decent fishing and stuff. We just hung out and fished, swam, and kayaked!

Basic campground

Clean sites, very overpaved. Picnic tables, firepits, pit toilets. Firewood sold by host $7/bundle. $24/night single site. The campground is kind of on a cliff overlooking the water but there really isn’t any good view or way down to the water. Very pretty sunset.

Great campground. Spots aren't too close together.

Great campground.  The sites are separate enough where you're not to close to your neighbors.  The area was burned several years ago, so there are no trees.  However, the grass has grown back in and its still a very, VERY beautiful campground (IMO). I was able to get a spot on back to back weekends despite not having a reservation (Lucky, maybe).b The bathrooms are clean and if you park further back in the campground, that bathroom has a flushable toilet, sink and an air dryer for your hands. Pretty impressive.

Super fun recreational place!

I’ve lived near here for years and this weekend was my first visit. The dunes are amazing!! Bring your dirt bike, side by side or other ORV and play your heart out!
The camping area offers sites with a picnic table and grills available. Sites are spaced adequately but there is no vegetation coverage or anything separating the area. No water available or any other amenities.

Great view of Flaming Gorge

A nice clean & quite campground with a great view of Flaming Gorge from the site we stayed at. Flush toilets, no showers, & no electricity but did have access to running water. Flaming Gorge resort less than five minutes away with restaurant, general store, & sporting goods available.

Incredible vistas and sunset

Has showers, bathrooms and camp sites 32-33 in loop B have incredible view of the high dessert. Definitely high country with winds blowing all day but by sundown the wind had died down enough for a fire and the sunset was freaking amazing! I’ll definitely go back but will be watching the wind conditions.

Clean and well kept campground with clean flush toilets.

We stayed three nights at the Antelope Flat Campground on the east shore of Flaming Gorge. The campground itself is a bit dated, but we were OK with it. Seems to be best for tent camping, there are RV spots available but without hook ups. There is a dump station. Tent sites are well kept and well maintained. We met the camp hosts for 2019, they were a very nice older couple. Seems like the wife maintains the bathrooms with flush toilets. Super clean! And her husband maintains the sites. All sites and fire rings were clean and free of weeds and debris. He worked everyday we were there on a new site. Kudos to them! Campground had super easy access to the boat ramp where we launched our kayak. Great spot to launch. Also it can get very windy!!!!!

Great views!

Trash dumpster was far away but great sites.

Fun place to stay close to Flaming Gorge/Green River.

We stayed here on a scout camp out for a couple of days we stayed in a group sight # 10 and it had 2 picnic tables and offered lots of room. We had 6 tents set up and there was still lots of room. There was plenty of parking we had at one time 2 cars a big van and my truck and drift boat and had no trouble with parking in the double spot.  We were right next to the camp host and next to the bathrooms with running water and hot showers.

The campground is a short walk or drive to the marina. We caught lots of fish and crawfish from the shore at the marina and the kids all had fun.

The camp sight has lots of Cider trees, and pine trees and amazing views. Amazing sunset and sunrises as well. There is running water for RV and lots of room. It wasn't full in June and there were still lots of places to camp.

This is in a great location if you are going fishing in the Green river or on Flaming Gorge. We were only 10 minutes to the put in of the A section and within walking distant to the marina for Flaming Gorge. We did the free dam tour it is a must see if in the area. You are only a couple of minutes drive to Flaming Gorge Lodge if need a hot meal or fishing equipment they have a great fly shop, store, and cafe. If you forget any food items like ketchup they sell everything at good pricey. Plus it's a great place to get more ice and a coke.

Fire pits with a nice heavy grill on them. We used it to cook steaks and they were excellent. Also helpful when we cooked crawfish one night. The camp host sells firewood if needed. I was able to try out my new Grubsticks and made some awesome s'mores #grubstick, #Ilovemynewgrubsticks, #bestsmoresever.

Dodge the sprinklers!

This was a really nice campground. They had two loops, loop A was mostly for RVs with hookups and loop B had standard sites (we stayed in this loop). The campground was very clean, really nice bathrooms and showers minus the fact that the showers get locked at 9pm so you have to plan ahead and hope everyone else isn’t using the showers when you go. The main inconvenience (and reason i only gave 4 stars) the sprinklers! I assume they are trying to grow grass but loop B had an abundance of sprinklers going non stop. We were able to find a site out of the path of the sprinklers but most were getting soaked! You also had to dodge them when going to the bathhouse, even walking on the road you had to go out of your way to avoid them. I’m sure this isn’t a long term thing but I did see where one person covered their picnic area with plastic. It’s an inconvenience but the campground itself is really nice! We arrived later and there was a self pay station at the host site on loop A. We stayed one night in a standard site for $20. The hookup sites were a little bit more but I think it was still under $30. Clean water and dump station nearby (unsure if there was a fee for the dump station)

Great place

Super clean and well maintained. Large park for kids. Has a pool but this wasn’t open while we stayed. Access to the lake is about 6 miles and access to national park activities close and easy to get to. Would recommend if you are KOA campers.

Great Marina

Fantastic fishing. Great place to launch your boat.

Great place to camp after fishing.

I love staying here after fishing the green river. Its in between Little hole and Dutch John. I stayed on Memorial day weekend and there was still plenty of room. Lots of big spots for tent of trailers. Really nice tables and pavilions and nice bathrooms.

Breezy Green River camping in the Gorge

A great campground set down along the Green River. This is a loop set up, with each site nicely spaced with plenty of sage between sites for privacy. Most sites have their own covered picnic table (some share a covered area divided by a wall), and all have at least a picnic table and firepit. Some campsites have better views of the River (which kinda looks like a lake), but those sites seemed to be a bit more windy. The shower house was clean if a bit outdated. Nearby is a nice day use area with a boat launch and fish cleaning station. I stayed here two nights since I liked the privacy and quiet at night while I checked out the gorge and looked for wild horses in the day.

Beautiful and packed with snow!

Went there in January of this year to see some great contrasts at Red Canyon overlook! Was sad the restaurant was closed but so was everything else so it made sense. Theres good ice fishing on the northern reaches of the reservoir on both the east and west sides. If you want to cliff dive theres good spots near Mustang Rdge CG, which is one I need to add! This is also a good spot to set your boat off to explore the upper walls of the canyon!

My favorite camping!!!!!

This is a once a year MUST!!!! Free, dispersed camping in the beautiful Flaming Gorge! The drive in is beautiful, the camping is beautiful…don’t miss it. No services, but just a dirt road to get there. Lots of RVs were also using this area! Beach camping, swimming, amazing sunsets…it has it all. We were there in July on a Thursday, many spots were open. Take time to drive around and go down the little side “roads”, that’s how we found our little gem of a site!

Green River Sites

Dispersed camping on the 125 mile stretch of the Green river from Green River, UT to the confluence of the Green and Colorado rivers at Spanish Bottom. We stayed at the BLM sites on the Colorado in Moab the first night. These are all pack in/ Pack out sites so get your “groover” ready. Fires (when allowed) need to be in a fire pan that meets NPS specs. No water so you will need to bring with you. The Green is a silt river and I am sure will clog filters. Stillwater and Labyrinth Canyons are a marvel. Take your time and hop from site to site getting some hikes in. One important note: The BLM sites in Moab are first come first served so if you may need to look for other accomodations on your way out of town. We got back in town late in the evening from the shuttle back to town from Spanish Bottom and weren't able to secure a campsite when we returned.

Immaculately maintained oasis

We stayed here one night on July 20, 2018.

This KOA was a welcome stop after the long hot time we had in the Arches area. After going over an 8500 foot pass and stopping in the close by town of Rangely, UT (visiting the town museum), we arrived.  The park was pretty full but the atmosphere was welcoming and calm. The folks who run the KOA are both friendly and attentive.  They helped spot us into our back-in trailer site and our kids visited with their dog while we got the rundown on their facilities. We visited at the height of the season and there were 20 plus kids in the play areas at all times, but the sound did not carry which was nice. The pool is expertly maintained and located right next to the laundry room (handy). The showers were excellent and again, clean and well maintained like the rest of the facilities. The small store has just about anything and everything you could need including RV/trailer repair parts.

This is the first time we stayed at a KOA but will use them again after this great experience on the road.

flaming Gorge

stunning views and wide open spaces . The best ice cream around at the resort

Fireman's memorial campsite

We stayed in spot #21 with amazing views and every spot had a paved place for the truck (since we have a roof top tent, being level where we park is important). Also- flush toilets! A lot of mosquitos but it's near water in July so that's to be expected!

Free BLM land dispersed campsite

What can you say, nothing here, grass parking spot with beautiful views, quiet, dark, it was great!! Stayed one night,,spot is off main road around a mile on left there is a pull out spot big enough for our 26’ travel trailer to turn around and get level,,

Convenient and the Showers are much needed!

We were on a five day road trip and this was our last day. So we were four days with out a shower and we needed them. Anyway, it's not far from the Flaming Gorge Dam. There were only two sites still available when we got there. They do take reservations so most sites were reserved. They also have it built to where there are single sites ($25) or double sites, which mean double fee ($50). There was one of each available. Thankfully, we were able to take the lower priced site. They have fire pits, nice ones in fact and picnic tables at every site. The doubles have two of everything (at least picnic tables, I can't remember on the fire pits). There are water spickets scattered around and a lot of vault toilets. You don't have to go far to find one. Up by the showers the toilets may have been flush. I didn't go in, the vaults were sufficient. They smelled from the outside but once inside it wasn't so bad. They were very clean. Plenty of toilet paper, which on a busy weekend can be an issue at most of these campgrounds. There is a host there as well. You can not see the reservoir from the campground but it's not far and it's pretty cool. The dam has a visitors center and if you enjoy geocaching, there is an earth cache there. The river coming out of the reservoir (I think it's the snake) is spectacular with the high walls and really blue water. The visitors center had a fish mount that was a fabulous 150 lb trout pulled out of the reservoir back in '88. It was a massive fish. So I imagine the fishing is good. I know I want to go back with a canoe and a fishing pole!

Back to the site. It was comfortable, the ground was pretty hard and it made it difficult to get tent stakes in, a lot of rock under the surface. Water was directly across from us and the toilets were just a site away. There was firewood available but when we got there it was $6 and when we showered it was $7. So, not even an hour after we arrived the price went up. The part I loved the most was the smells! I don't know what they were, if it was a sage or something different but it was fantastic! I wish I could share the smells with everyone I know.

I think if I went back I might explore other areas a bit but if you need a shower, this is the place to be. If you aren't camping there and still want a shower, it's $4 to take one. If you are camped there it's free.

Nice Place with Nice People

We stopped in and got a site when we got tired of looking for a campsite in Moab. Clean restrooms and showers. Not much shade and I70 a mile away. We tent camped so the hwy was very loud and the cows in the adjacent field were mooing for a few hours at night. Otherwise, it did it's job by providing us with a place to stay

Great Location

The Red Canyon along the flaming gorge is AMAZING! GREAT fly fishing! Site 29 had 2 tables, views of Ashley Forest, and privacy. Very good campground with showers.

Nice, open campground with great views

This campground is 20 dollars a night, which is a bit more than some of the nearby campgrounds. Very nice hosts and some grassy spots for tents. The views of flaming gorge are great.

Awesome!!

Our stay at Firefighter Memorial Campground was wonderful. The camp hosts we're always very friendly and very helpful. The bathrooms were very clean and well maintained. They did not have showers; however you could go to the Deer Run campground located at the Cedar Springs turn off and have a complimentary shower there. The scenery was beautiful. The weather was great; much better than Antelope Flat where we spent one night. The campsites were well laid out. I absolutely loved the fire rings at the sites. It was very quiet at night. We would definitely stay here again!

Windy

We spent one night at Antelope Flats and it was not good. The wind gusted at around 50 miles an hour for about three hours, making it impossible to stay outside. If your tent was not staked down well, it would have blown away (which we witnessed). Thankfully, the wind subsided for us to be able to sleep. The whole campground is also full of fox tails and stickers so if you are camping with dogs I would definitely stay away from this site unless you want to constantly be pulling them out of your dog. Also, at the time of our arrival they did not have any water available and the flush toilets were not working. They did issue a 50% refund for the water not working, so that was very nice. Overall, I would not stay there again.