Evanston, WYOMING

Most Recent Evanston Camping Reviews
Dispersed camping at Ruth Lake

Camped here early last October and was surprised to end up having a very snowy adventure! The hike in is less then a mile and offers incredibly views. Makes for a very easy backpacking trip. Multiple dispersed campsites are easily identified by fire rings. High altitude means extreme weather is common so prepare accordingly!

Hidden Gem

My family and I have been coming here for years. It has a lot of trailer spots that are almost all pull throughs and have hook ups. It’s fun to bring kayaks and float the river. The people who manage the camp ground have done a wonderful job.

Hidden gem

This camp site surprised me, good location for driving to various hikes in the uintas, a nice river runs along several of the camping sites. Worth checking out. I stayed at site 10 and it was close to a water faucet which was nice.

Favorite spot in the Uintas

Title sums it up! The wild yellow waterlily‘s are perfect💛 the camp site is with-in walking distance of tea cup lake which has great fishing, and a cute board walk around part of the lake. Star gazing was exceptional🌌! I would recommend staying at camp sites 5-9, my personal favorite is number 7

Happy camping 🏕🏔

Charming and Fun

This is a great camp site for the Unitas. We had an awesome site, #7 which backed to the small lake between Lilly Lake and Teapot Lake. This is a awesome fishing spot with access to three major lakes from the camp.

The camp site is small and traffic is not busy even on the weekends. But availability is very iffy. It took us a couple times to finally score a place here. We loved it and plan to return.

Great site, poor experience with people

There are numerous campsites spread around the lake and many are right on the water which is awesome. From the reviews here and a few other sites I expected this area to be much less crowded due to the tough access road to get to the lake. Luckily, the sites are decently spread out so it is somewhat secluded.

However, we had a group camp right on top of us at 2:30AM. They parked and setup a tents 20 feet away from out firepit. They had no intentions of leaving and were quite rude. Dog was off leash when we woke up and was barking at us while they did nothing about it and continued to sleep. Swearing at their children and disrespecting the land. Luckily another site opened up later in the morning so we packed up and moved.

Again, this area is beautiful with nice campsites, just don't expect it to be as secluded as the other reviews state.

Local fav!

This place is favorite spot to camp if I’m staying local. There are so many spots, and they are all very private. The Camp hosts are great! There’s a hidden waterfall you can hike too, and a river runs through the park. It’s a must!

Nice place, terrible people...

It’s great camping and trails.  Too many people with disrespectful children riding through camps like they’re on a race track, throwing dust and rocks very near camp.  It’s really too bad the younger generation don’t know how to raise their children to be considerate of others, but then again the parents aren’t much better, shooting high powered guns near camp sites.  My advice would be to go to Whitney on the off season, when the pansies and their kids might get a little cold.

Great Spot!!!

We were there Thursday through Saturday and had a great time! Be warned that the bathrooms smell pretty strongly. Our site (62) was right next to it and we could smell orders from our camp.

The sites themselves were really nice. Plenty of space for parking and tents, and every spot had a picnic table and fire pit. 👍🏻

Fun and close to other recreation.

A very clean and very convenient campground. Tons of trails nearby and being on the reservoir is great for hot days. Fishing was a blast! Will definitely be back.

Escaping summer heat

This campsite is well over 9000 feet very beautiful lots of trees and foliage very much enjoyed our two night stay out of our van Nice secluded lots four wheeler trails lots of hiking Beautiful view of the mountains

Great Car Camping

This is a great car camping location in the Uintas. There are about 20 camp sites, we stayed in spot 10 and loved it! It had perfect shade and morning sun. It is a little far from trail heads or lakes but good for families who want to car camp. We would definitely return and hope for our exact same location.

Inaccessible

This campground is not accessible by vehicle.

Real Woodsie camping

This is a great campground especially for off road vehicles. Our family has been going there for years and it is one of my favorite spots in the uintas. The bugs are minimal.

East Canyon State Park

Great family place , large tent sites , bathroom , beautiful views, and clean water .

Great weekend campsite!

Great campsite. The host was very nice. It gets packed during the weekends so plan ahead! Right along side the river too

One of my new favorite places

This is the second year in a row that we have stayed at this campground and it has become a new family favorite. We even brought a couple neighbor families with us this time. The only reason I won't give it 5 stars is because of the inconsistency with the water and the hassle to haul in water or travel down to the boat dock to refill any water jugs.

We left on a Saturday and the reservoir was pretty packed with SUPs, Kayaks, Canoes, etc. Earlier in the week (even Friday) was less crowded. We took inflatable Kayaks with us this year and they were a ton of fun especially for those that wanted to enjoy the water without being freezing cold.

Very clean and quiet

I've never been to this part of the country before, and in planning my trip the best case camp spot was quiet solitude and good fishing. However, knowing I wouldn't be able to arrive until close to dark decided the smart move would be to reserve a spot rather than hunt around for an open place to camp.

This is how I found Stillwater. What I expect was not what was there. First, each site is spaced far enough apart to feel some privacy. Sure, it's not camping in the wilderness, but it's a really good compared to others. Second, the restrooms looked and smelled like they were built yesterday. I'm not sure I've ever been to pit toilets that were so clean. Credit to the camp hosts for their work. Third, well, the view from my tent was amazing. Stillwater Fork was right there 12 feet away and I fell asleep to the sound of rushing water. Life doesn't get much better.

I can't wait to come back and explore the area some more. And stay here, of course.

Awesome waterfront campground

This was a really nice place for only being 40 mins from the city. Good beach front not a far walk from our campsite. Lots of trees to hang your hammocks up on. If you have some water toys it’s awesome because you can anchor them on the shore or the dock.

Beautiful Landscape

This location was recommended by my girlfriend Andy I'm glad we went. There were a lot of bugs, but if you're prepared for that, it was a great way to beat the heat. (This was on July 15th) 70s during the day, 40s at night. The drive going through the forest was awesome as well. The sites are well kept and they're not packed. Great place to visit.

No longer available

Federal website says it’s been decommissioned and is no longer in use

Nice suprise

We drove through and decided to keep looking. The next 3 campgrounds were full and it was getting late so we got a spot here. There is a bold creek on the site and clean pit toilets. The tent pads are small( we have a 6 person tent and it hung off the edges), and the area could use a little weed eating, but I think it just opened up for the season so… forgiven. Hosts were super nice and informative. Not to cold at night even though there is a ton of snow a few miles up the road.

Unbelievable!!

Incredible back woods camping. Dirt roads to no where! Loved every minute! We’ll definitely be going back…soon!!

Great Tent Sites

Great tent sites, large & clean. Campground hosts take pride & keep everything tidy. Neighbors can be noisy during quiet hours, but that is no fault other than immature college kids.

Lots of Dispersed Spots

Lots and lots of dispersed spots off this highway. Clearance needed to reach some of them, but are great clean gorgeous spots. Highly recommended.

Way Cool

Super pretty campground and well cleaned up, there’s bathrooms near every site that are also always very clean, the fishing wasn’t the best you’ll need a kayak/canoe or even a paddle board to catch anything. There’s not anywhere easy to fish around the edges but does provide very beautiful scenery. All of the campgrounds are pretty close together but there’s a few that have lots of coverage with trees so you can’t hear or see as much of the other campers. All around really great camping site.

Families first camping trip 2019

We rented a large area with campsites next to the river very nice very spread out big lodge to play games in or big party for everyone nice flushing toilets just below Causey Dam

Breathtaking, and not because of the Hike!

Cliff lake is one of those lake that can be overlooked due to the dozens of lakes in the High Uintas. However, if you’re willing to hike in with your camping (tent or hammock) cliff lake offers not only good fishing, but beautiful views. You can hike the cliff on the north west side of the lake and stand on top of it overlooking the lakes and basin below. There is also a beautiful little lake just above cliff lake, called Petite Lake, with plenty of natural (not planted) trout.

Hiker traffic may be high during peak months, but not many people stay for more than a quick fishing stop, so set up camp in the trees to the east, or up above on the cliffside and enjoy your stay.

Beautiful!

We loved this spot. There are around 18 campsites? I’m not positive. But we were in spot 17 and it was perfect, right by a stream. We went on a Friday night and it didn’t get busy until 8 or 830pm (where we were).

Sooo many memories!!!

Washington lake was my childhood campground! I’ve been back many times over the years. It’s since been paved and all sorts of amenities are available. As a kid it was just a dirt campground, but has been much improved since. Picnic tables. Fire pits. Electric hookups. Etc.

The lake is fairly large, full of fish, and fun to canoe around! All around the lake are amazing dispersed camping spots, and trails connecting to other lakes.

Our YouTube channel Intro was filmed on location at Washington Lake! Enjoy