Nandua , VIRGINIA

Most Recent Nandua Camping Reviews
Amazing !

My family used to get day passes during the summer we where unable last year because of covid but it’s an amazing family friendly spot

Impressed

Spent Halloween here on a last minute reservation and man were we happy! This campsite is remote to the rest of VA for the most part, but hey isn’t that what camping is all about? Site #16 was perfect. It was gravel site that was level and very well maintained. Possibly our favorite campground in a VA State Park so far, it was that great of an experience. Come stocked with food and water since I don’t think there’s any large food markets that are close by (I could be wrong). We had water hookups and electric. They also have firewood sold at the campground that they sell on the honor system.

Great

Campsites are spread out nicely so you have privacy. Pool is nice and within walking distance from all sites. Park is equal distance from Chincoteague and Assateague without the sandy sites

State Park Plus Beach

Basic state park, does have some extras like a beach, fishing pier and crabbing piers. Lots of people on the weekend but the weeks are nice. Piers attached to campground are nice but can also get crowded.

Great place!

I’m bad with names, I must say very nice people I stayed a little over a month here.

Cozy Cabin

I stayed in a group of 5 people to camp and hike in Pocomoke River State Park. I am a local of the eastern shore and wanted a little getaway that was not too far from home. The twin bunk beds were extremely comfortable and felt rather large with two of us sleeping in them. The cabin stayed warm and exceeded expectations. The hikes were a nice little nature stroll with well maintained trails and was very clean! We would for sure stay here again, especially when we start to have families of our own.

Shad's Landing - Our Home Away from Home!!

This campground is our home base. It's only about 45 min from our home. We love this campground. Staff very friendly when store open and you see staff. Clean bathrooms and handicap accessible, as is the store.

Nice dock and boat launch area. We are kayakers in the warm weather and hikers when its cooler. We have kayaked north to Snow Hill, Md, south to Milburn Landing, west up Nassawango Creek, and Corkers Creek at the campsite. We have also kayaked out of Byrd Park, in Snow Hill. All these kayak trails are wonderful! Plenty to see, no bugs, no mosquitoes..some biting flies if you go into the lily pad areas. The park rangers spray to stop mosquitoes. The area is also a natural mosquito repellent because of the ph in the Cypress Tree waters.

Two loops allow dogs, one with electric and one without. Clean Bathrooms in each loop with nice showers and plenty of hot water. Handicap accessible in showers, bathrooms, cabins, walkways, parking.

Kayak and canoe rentals during season and handicap accessible for kayakers with special needs.

Good fishing in the area…I always catch fish here, but not so lucky elsewhere! Lol

Nice trails all around the area. Some horses and bike trails available..even some atv.

The park has programs and we painted a picture of Chuck the Owl (he was our model) which was fun. I have more pics on my camera I will upload later.

Check out this campground. You will love it!!

Great space and location

Our site has over 10 people and we all fit. Very quiet but maybe due to COVID.

This place is great.

So I loved the campground. I got a electric site with a place for a large tent. The grounds are very well kept, respectful attendants and clean grounds. I loved the trip the scenery and the whole site. One thing I did have trouble with is the grade of the sites are somewhat downhill so if you do end up camping during a time it rains be sure to put your tent on a tarp. I was floating my tent the night it rained. Otherwise an all around amazing place to go.

Great campground

This was our first trip in our first TT (33ft), we’re complete rookies! We had site 68 which had plenty of space for the TT, truck and car to park. The sites have plenty of separation and the park was very quiet. We talked to several fellow campers and all were very welcoming and helpful. We will definitely be making another trip there next year for a quick weekend getaway.