Yurts
$28.00 - $35.00
First Landing State Park is located in Virginia
38 Reviews of First Landing State Park
Great beach spot

We stayed 3 nights in W/E Back In, Site 141, mostly hard packed sand surrounded by trees. The angle is a little weird to back into, but the site itself is nice and feels private. The fire ring and picnic table (old and wood) is at the very back of the site. A pretty nasty storm rolled through one night and the trees actually provided a little protection.

Very relaxing

My family and I really enjoy camping at First Landing. Its close to Virginia Beach. Nice and quiet beach right there at the park and good hiking trails.

Close to Virginia Beach

Nice sites. EZ access to the Bay beach. Not a lot of privacy. Close to the beach area. Many restaurants & stores close by.

Beautiful and dogs welcome everywhere

Beautiful park right next to the ocean. Dogs loved it and no one complained about dogs being on the beach. Will definitely be returning. Bathrooms were not the worst but definitely not the best .

Great hiking

Great place to hike! I really like how you’re able to go from the woods to the water! The ranger station has a lot of neat things to look at about animals and the trail maps are really nice!

Great beachside camping!

We stayed here 3 nights during spring break (March). There is privacy and quiet beachside camping all over with tons of activities to see and do. We went to Nauticus, toured the Norfolk Naval base, visited Jamestown, Williamsburg, Yorktown, hiked trails across from the campground and visited the lighthouse Cape Henry. Each site has a fire ring and picnic table. I didn’t use the bathhouses but I liked that they were nearby and provided recycling bins. The staff were friendly and helpful. I would return in warmer months and highly recommend our site near the Godspeed boardwalk, 188.

Nice views

Kayak trips available.

Great beach campground

Gotta not mind sand and bugs to camp here but the sound of the waves and the short walk to the beach make it all worth it. I love sleeping under the stars, listening to the water just over the sand dunes! It’s always clean and now they have a bus line that takes you to the Strip and you can ride it and the trolley all day long for $4.50. The bath houses are always clean and well maintained. Plenty of activities and a great camp store.

Beautiful Sand Dune RV Camping

Thick foliage provides privacy at this campsite. Parking is on sandy soil. Tall sand dunes provide nearby access to the beach. Air Force jets fly over loudly until 10pm. After that it is a quiet natural setting for the night.

Tent Camping Was SubPar

I wanted to get as close to the action as I could and this place offered a beach area that I thought would suffice, however it wasn't quite as exciting as I was hoping for so I did eventually buckle and take the shuttle to the more commercial beach, which was much better and much more of what I was expecting. This place is quiet in comparison but I wanted the beach feel of boardwalks and sun visors…lol

Campsites were ok. $21 for standard or $41 for water and electric in addition to a $5 per car entry fee I had to pay as a non Virginia resident. Things just continued to add up as I had to pay for the shuttle, and while it was reasonable you could tell this spot was in a commercial honey pot of money.

I was expecting from description my site to be on a sandy beach but they were not they were on dirt yes, but it was hard packed. I felt more forest than beach at the campsite and while it was nice and shaded it also lacked the beach appeal I was searching for.

They did have rentals of water crafts like canoes and other things at the marina, un-patroled beaches for swimming and a lot of hiking trails. With a mile and a half of beach, like I said it was nice.

TIPS:

• Take the WAVE bus, it does turn out to be less expensive than having to park at the beach itself with fare only about $4 per day. Parking down on the boardwalk area can be $20 per lot or $2 per hour at the meter with a 3 hour max.
  • Opt for a space in one of the cabins if you are traveling with a family. They pretty much include everything you could need and leave the outdoor heat of summer outdoors, making for a much more comfortable stay during muggy months.