Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 100 ft.
Misty Mountain Camp Resort is located in Virginia
22 Reviews of Misty Mountain Camp Resort
Great Spot! Recommend

This campsite is conveniently located off of I-64, and easy accessible. We stayed for the weekend and had a great time. The camp sites are nice, and we were able to stay in a pull through location. Be careful though, as some sites are really close to the main office were check-in is, and can come quickly, as ours was. No big deal, and we should of looked at the site map closer, but heads up anyway.

The sires themselves are rather close, but nice and level. Hook ups were easily accessible, and worked well. The main office has a nice store with all the necessities. Staff is friendly and welcoming.

We enjoyed our stay and will stay there again.

Great Campground!

Misty Mountain Camp Resort is becoming one of my favorite campgrounds. I recently camped in my Winnebago motor home, in site 67. Site 67 is on the upper level of the campground, is a pull through site, and has full hookups. I was pleasantly surprised when we got there and I found out it has its own deck!!! Site also includes a fire ring and a picnic table. There are no other sites to the right of the site, so the view is awesome. No issues with electricity, water hook up fine. We did not connect to sewer, because we were only staying over night. Dog friendly space directly across from this site, so it was very convenient. Views beautiful. Bathhouse clean. Site was much longer than our 30ft motor home, we were not towing. Highly recommend this campground, staff is helpful and friendly. The sites are well maintained. I will certainly return…this was my third visit to this campground.

Close to breweries and wineries!

Great location to local breweries and wineries. Sites are not the largest. I would recommend staying at the bottom if you can. The top sites have two very steep hills and pretty tight to get around with camper. Overall great campground.

Flash floods

It looks like a really great camp ground. T-1 though T-6 sites flood often became they are low and next the the river. We camped at t2 and had to tear down as soon as we set it up. The sites with utilities looked fine. And there was some cabins/back country camping. I think I will go on a less rainy season or in my rtt with the family.

Very Nice Campground

We stayed in the backwoods part of the grounds. The sites were more private than the river sites. The winding layout allowed for more distance between other sites. The woods were beautiful with easy walking trails right from the site. There is a well stocked souvenir/general store just as you enter with camping supplies, ice, wood, etc. The RV sites are near the entrance to the campsite - this area seemed rather tightly packed-in with not much space between campsites (more of a party vibe). We are tent campers, so this wasn’t an issue for us. Friendly staff and warm atmosphere.

Well run campground with lots of amenities

Misty Mountain offers something for everyone - spacious, level well-maintained full hook up sites that can accommodate any size trailer or RV, more rustic tent camping sites, quiet creekside camper sites with electric and water, and both modern and rustic cabins. The camp store is well stocked and even offers a very nice wine selection, plus local canned salsa, spaghetti sauce, and pie! There are many amenities for families - a huge bouncy mat, a fishing pond, playground, large group campfire, sports area, and a nice rec room. They have free donuts and coffee on Sundays, and special events many Saturdays. The shower and laundry facility is very new with modern, clean amenities. The showers are private suites and are large and nice enough that some people with showers in their campers still choose to use the camp ones instead. The site areas closest to the camp store and recreation area are the nicest - the RV sites up the hill by the cabins are smaller and closer together. The whole facility is very well maintained and the camp hosts live on site.

Great Campground

RV section is typical style in a large field. Back in sites for smaller trailers such as our teardrop were plenty big enough but still on the outskirts of the field. Bath house was very clean and very well thought out. Electric sites have 20a, 30a, and 50a hookups so small trailers can use a normal extension cord.

Great location!

The river sites are the best. This campground has a music festival yearly that highlights local bands and artisans. They also have cornhole tournaments from what I’ve heard. Grounds, pool, bathhouses, laundry, restrooms all well-maintained. Store also has hot coffee and sometimes donuts for those crisp mornings. 💙

The group site, at the top of the hill, is secluded and private. Awesome for a big get-together.

LOCAL TIP: “Smoked” and “Crozet Pizza” and “Fardowners” - all in nearby Crozet, and all amazing.

The owners and staff at the campground and the pizzeria are wonderful 💫

Perfect Getaway

My family and I had a blast with some close friends. Everyone was super friendly the the grounds were clean. There was a lot of activities to keep all entertained. Karaoke and family fear factor was a hit. Descent size pool that wasn’t overcrowded. Close to wineries and breweries with fantastic Mountain Views. They also hold great music festivals in the Spring and Fall that we are excited to check out. We will be back.

Close spots, great price

They have a cute store/registration with friendly staff. I have a 30ft class c and there was definitely enough space for my RV. I only see travel trailers around us and not other RVs. However, the spots are sooooo close to each other I could hear my neighbors conversation. Also, I went to take a shower while my spouse was taking his shower and the ladies room had no hot water. It was a huge bummer. While the price was somewhat reasonable, I wouldn’t come back.