Yurts
Private
Misty Mountain Camp Resort is located in Virginia
15 Reviews of Misty Mountain Camp Resort
Perfect Getaway

My family and I had a blast with some close friends. Everyone was super friendly the the grounds were clean. There was a lot of activities to keep all entertained. Karaoke and family fear factor was a hit. Descent size pool that wasn’t overcrowded. Close to wineries and breweries with fantastic Mountain Views. They also hold great music festivals in the Spring and Fall that we are excited to check out. We will be back.

Close spots, great price

They have a cute store/registration with friendly staff. I have a 30ft class c and there was definitely enough space for my RV. I only see travel trailers around us and not other RVs. However, the spots are sooooo close to each other I could hear my neighbors conversation. Also, I went to take a shower while my spouse was taking his shower and the ladies room had no hot water. It was a huge bummer. While the price was somewhat reasonable, I wouldn’t come back.

Good family fun

We stay two nights and had a great time! There are lots of activities to do as a family and everything is kept up nicely. The jump pad and the pool tables were our favorites.

Great place to stay

Great facility with plenty to do.

Clean, shady and inexpensive

We love coming to Misty Mountain Camp Resort. Many campgrounds with the word “resort” charge extra for entities but not here. It’s a great spot to settle and then explore all the Charlottesville area has to offer: historical tours, vineyards, distilleries and UVA.

Rowdy

Not a bad location (a great location, really), but there are definitely some alcoholics who live permanently at the campground.

Quiet but very nice campground near the Blue Ridge Parkway

Nice campground at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains near the Blue Ridge Parkway.  Close to the Town of Crozet, several large orchards and only about a minute from the interstate.

There is a nice creek that runs through the middle of the campground and some of the sites are creekfront which is a nice touch.  There is also a lot of stuff for the kids to do but the campground is still very quiet.

Awesome location

Misty mountain is a awesome family oriented location with lots to do. It great for Wine and Brewery lovers as well.

Quiet campground and nice amenities

Pros: this campground is fairly quiet (at least when I visited in fall), and has nice amenities including free hot showers.

Cons: they definitely cater to RVs. They have a primitive tent area, but it only has a vault toilet. The bathhouses (with showers and flush toilets) are all located in the loops with full hook up sites; I would expect if you had to choose to put facilities in one area over another, the tent area would make more sense since RVs have their own toilets and showers on board.

Given the chance, I probably wouldn't stay here again unless I was passing through.

Homey, clean and great access to local venues

Great access, 30, 50, primitive, pull in, back in, cabin, pretty much full gamut. Quickly becoming a favorite