Roanoke, VIRGINIA

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Roanoke Camping Reviews
One Night or Several - A Great Spot

I've stayed here many times over the past few years. It's an ideal spot for base camping and exploring the area or just an over-nighter on your way somewhere. I won't mention the layout, as the other reviewers covered that accurately, just to say you won't feel crowded.

The host, Will, is a motorcyclist and nice guy. Most evenings riders will gather on the porch to talk bikes and life - should you care to join in.  Coffee in the mornings, restaurants less than a mile away, a grocery store just down the road - this place is ideal. Will even has ice for sale and grills for use (free) under the pavilion.  It is motorcycle only, but he has limited space outside the campground proper for trailers should that be your thing.

So, if you are looking for a campground, as opposed to a spot on the side of the road, have a look.

Best Little Place on Earth

I grew up on this campground. It was my home away from home during the summer for Years. I knew the original owner/creator of this campground. I visit here and it brings back so many memories.

It’s a great campground with kayak and canoe trips. Lots of fishing and swimming available. Tubing is the best trip from Ronceverte to the Campground on the Greenbrier River if you have a full day to just unplug and take in all the sites, sounds and smells around you.

Just ignore the train that runs through across the River.

Lots to do here with tent camping, RV, cabin rentals and even some nostalgic RV rentals.

Simple and secluded

Friendly people, waterfront site on river, 2 hour tubing float down river ending up at my campsite!

Beautiful and Secluded

Sites were very clean and well taken care of. There are tons of campsites available but they are spaced out enough to still feel secluded. Great location in relation to several popular trails. Will definitely be returning.

Great park with lots to do

We camped here late in the season and had the park to ourselves! We had a great time here (even though it snowed!!), but I can only imagine how nice this park is in the summer. There are trails throughout the park and the lake is really pretty. Again, it was cold when we were there so we didn’t check out the lake that much, but we still had a great time. The bathrooms were nice and the camp host was helpful too. I definitely recommend this park if you are in the area.

Nice quiet motorcycle campground

Great motorcycle campground. Clean facilities, friendly host. Good spread of water spigots and electrical outlets if you need to charge your equipment, although electric isn't available at each spot (you can bring an extension cord if you need it for a CPAP or such). Lots of great riding in the area and only a couple of minutes from the Blue Ridge Parkway. If you ride a motorcycle and have never stayed at a motorcycle specific campground, give it a try.

CCC Cabin - Couple's Weekend Away!

MY husband and I stayed two nights in a 1 bed efficiency CCC Cabin at Fairy Stone State Park for a short weekend away from the kids. We visited in December so it was pretty cold weather but the cabin was so cozy and comfortable! We loved having the fireplace! The cabins have a bathroom, shower, kitchen with sink, fridge, oven/stove, microwave, toaster, everything you need! They have heating and a/c as well. The cabin was built in the 1930s and is so charming! Loved everytihg about our experience here.

There is no cell service or internet/wifi at the cabins though so come prepared with something to do! We found it to be very relaxing to unplug!

Peaceful

Very nice quiet and peaceful campground, Loved falling asleep to the sound of the creek. Campground was very clean and well kept. Just what we were looking for.

Beautiful Lake 🛶

Stayed for three nights in October. We had site B9 which was near a group site - so be mindful of this! During our trip it was full of loud and unsupervised kids.

We paddled around the lake on Sunday; there are a couple of different boat launches in the park. The cliffs are freaking amazing from the launch closest to the park entrance. It’s so beautiful on the water, especially this time of year.

There’s also a camp store/visitor center. Our site included a fire ring, two lantern posts, and a picnic table. Firewood and ice are available at the entrance station (can use credit card), and wood is available from the camp host (cash only). Lots of hiking and bike trails throughout. Very clean restrooms and showers. We had a really great time and will totally be back in the spring 🍂🍁

Well maintained

The park itself is well maintained. Bath houses were clean. Tent sites are really close together. A little overpriced for what you’re getting compared to other areas in my opinion.